• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So divisive you mean?

I've forgotten it due to casual hate, but is Ben vs Hal as animation liked that much? To an extent Lex vs Doom might be one.
I mean the animation is fairly decent, not even close to a masterpiece but still very good, but is obviously not something that you would hear from fanboys of Overrated 10 that are still very salty, Lex vs Doom animation is just really slow with moments that break the pacing, and is a massive downgrade from the previous Lex fight.

Last edited:
I think she also has lasers or sth

image0.jpg

TV series wack apparently.

Sonic.EXE is just another trash internet thing that only got relevant because of Reddit/4Chan posts and YT playthroughs similar to Sanic and Ugandan Knuckles moreover it negatively warps the core identity of the franchise it derives from while screwing up the search algorithm. Don't forget some people legitimately sell Sonic.EXE toys to kids and have patreon for fan games, I'm sure Sega are just "thrilled" about it.

Tl;dr: creepypasta, meme, fanfic, etc characters belong on Animation Rewind not Death Battle and that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

Also having a corpse of Sonic (that's possessed by a demon) on DB will definitely disprove the anti-Sonic preconception that many Sonic fans have for DB and it'll totally not cause toxicity from and towards the Sonic fandom at all.
Yeah, I don't really see them touching it at all (especially with .EXEs sordid history) but out of all the derivative works/fanfic type stuff out there it's damn near the only one I can think of with high popularity and actually having a matchup

you know thinking about it what are the most Divisive episodes in DB
not in the sense "was this right or wrong" Moreso Was fight in general was good?
biggest example has to be Mario vs Sonic 2
I see people fight over Ben vs Hal a lot. Most people like the first half of the animation but really think it drops off after Alien X gets brought out.

I see people fight over Ben vs Hal a lot. Most people like the first half of the animation but really think it drops off after Alien X gets brought out.
yeah i've seen fair enough complaints about that which i get but even then it was decent enough
it was the moment when they brought in Time manipulation it where really ruined

Yeah I can see that. I mean out of the 3 hand drawn scenes in that episode the last one is wasted on Alien X just… flicking Hal away. Which isn’t even consistent since Hal was like 10x stronger according to them lol

Shadow is probably Mewtwo's best but I really don't think Mewtwo is Shadow's best, what a funny situation.

Satori vs Mewtwo is intersting, it probably is nowhere near her best matchup but eh, it's better than nothing, simply because I haven't found her an MU yet. Based Satori dub too.
Fair enough i always attest it's both best given everything about it clicks to me
idk the connections between her and Mewtwo

real talk i need the next Dragon Ball Mu with another series we already had our fill with the Capeshit run for the time being
don't care what just give me Variety

AND NOW, FOR THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

Xeno_Matchups_Remake_POST_XC3_-_V1.png

JOYCAP POST-XC3 XENO JRPG VS MU SPREADS - V1

(tbh I was going to add a gif of Moebius D breakdancing to a spongebob meme, but ezgif doesn't want to work atm, so I won't)

So, how are we going to handle this?

I think to start, I'll focus on some of the main six, and see how accurate my guesses for their MUs have been (in a 'Kangaskid shiny speculation' kind of way). So, let's get started!

1) Noah.

What were his MUs? One of either Balder (Bayonetta) or a PLA rep. Leaning towards Balder on this one. And all things considered... I was bang on the money with this one. Noah being another version of N isn't too dissimlar to how Balder is a vessel of Aesir (creating FB from Bayo 1), and while the Keves/Agnus war being a result of Moebius being similar to the Umbran Witches / Lumen Sages fight for the eyes of the world (order/chaos and all that) doesn't quite play as big of a role, it's still a welcome addition. Oh, and Rosa dying is similar to what happens to Mio, so there's that.

Grade: A+

2) Mio.

(initial) MU of choice: Sheik

Yeah, I'm not going to beat around the bush, I had no idea what I was doing with this one. I just saw 'flute' and thought 'eh, it's a placeholder'. Grade: F.

So, what are we doing instead? Well...

Mio_vs_Yoshizawa.png

MvSYZExp.png

3) Lanz

I had a choice of two MUs for this one: Junpei Iori (Persona 3), or... Balthus (FE3H)... for some reason, so we're focusing on Junpei Iori for this one. And not to toot my own horn, but this one checks out. Both are the 'fun-loving knuckleheads' of stories about a short life (Lanz having 10 terms, and Junpei being a character in Persona 3 (you should know what I'm implying here)), and go through arcs that have them fundamentally questioning themselves (Lanz with his faux-lack of confidence, and Junpei using his personality as a sort of coping mechanism for his abuses and inferiority complex). Both also have former friends that were (and technically still are/became) members of the main villain groups (Lanz having survivors guilt over the supposed death of Joran, only to find out he became an aspiring member of Moebius, who THEN sacrificed himself to murder-suicide Dirk (Moebius D), and Junpei coming across Chidori and trying to chat her up, only to find out she's a member of Strega, who then sacrifices herself to revive a 'dead' Junpei (resulting in the awakening of Trismegistus), and either ends up dead or an amnesiac (not too dissimilarly to how the Cradles in XC3 scrub memories of those who return to them, not unlike the blades from XC2 they reference)). There's probably more, and it's not immediately obvious knowing we're putting a baseball bat up against a face tank, which trust me... kinda surprised me too.

Grade: A.

4) Taion.

The change away from Jin Shirato feels kinda humiliating, ngl. Although I was flip-flopping between him and the MU Taion did end up going up against. Grade: D-

So, who is he actually going up against? It should be obvious.

Taion_vs_Yusuke_Kitagawa.png

TvYmuE.png

5) Eunie

Grade: ???

I'm going to be honest, Eunie is rather lost on me. Lysethia sort of fits, and yet she also doesn't. And while Yukari (P3) works even better for her own reasons, I don't want to over-saturate the bottom sixth with XenoSona MUs (not to mention that Yukari probably ends up booked by the time I get to her. It's just sods law, really). I'm also tempted to let her take Syrenne (The Last Story), what with Nia and Melia's MU spreads needing to be fundamentally overhauled, lest XC3 gets it's own continuity article for these characters (think pre/post crisis supes), but the million dollar question is... what with?

If someone is willing to give a hand, let me know. I'd appreciate it.

6) Sena

Grade: A-

The only thing that's changed about Sena vs Meru is that because of the way that Origin works, Meru basically gets shitslapped to within an inch of her life (even considering the star-level statement in Feltz). Other than that, the relations are the same: Quirky girls with big hammers, that are a part of any number of persecuted faction(s) (XC3's main cast, and the Winglies), and also have super-forms related to the main gimmick of their respective games. I don't think she needs more than that.

SOME ALTERNATIVE IDEAS FOR POPULAR CONTENDERS:

- Ghondor vs Bakugo (MHA)

Initially, Bakugo was going to be a placeholder for Ghondor, for the simple reason of 'oh, they box with explosive punches, and are overly abrasive'... and then I took a look at the Sena side story, and how the contenders for Ouroboros are actually picked, and that's when the relations actually really started flowing in. Both Ghondor and Bakugo have very competitive work ethics in their... brattiness, to the point of condemning or shouting down those trying to help (Bakugo's Family issues being made clear duing one of S3's training arcs, and Ghondor referring to her mother Monica as 'the Bitchqueen' (although knowing she's Aussie, idk what else I expected)), as well as being quite naturally gifted (Quirks being genetic functions, and Ghondor being part of the Vandham maiden name, one of the founders of the Lost Numbers in Swordmarch). Both have also partaken in break-in, break-out style operations (Bakugo ending up in that one LoV scenario in S2, and Ghondor being part of the City's operations to try and break people out of the Agnian jail in Hopes Rest). Oh, and Slain and Shania exist. You go from there.

This MU also isn't nearly as stat-stompy as it might seem (lest you include Origin scaling), because of the way I, @JoshSSJGod and others are planning to build the hero pages. So... look forward to that, I suppose.

- Ethel vs Blade (Gunvolt iX Chronicles)

I have to concede, this was rather last-minute for Ethel, and it's not like she was lacking for contenders in the run-up to XC3 (3H Catherine, LoD Rose, even an alt to Winter Schnee, if you could believe it), but looking at the way Blade was handled, she's basically perfect: ex-manipulated veterans with humble backstories (Ethel having the 'saviour of Colony 4' thing going on, a Silver-rank commander in her 3rd term, and Blade being Kohahu's sister). The manipulators in this instance being aliases of the series major villains, Moebius K being... well, a Moebius, and Demerzel being an alias of Asimov. Both come out of their manipulations ultimately damaged in some way (Ethel 'dying' and returning to her cradle after getting her runback with Cammuravi, and Blade, with the help of Kokahu, saving Copen from a close shave with Asimov).

I did tap @The_Smashor on the shoulder regarding this one, but he hasn't played XC2/XC3 yet, so Imma wait on that.

- Juniper vs Decidueye (Pokemon SM)

NOTE: I'm referring to Juniper with she/her pronouns, because that's what's been confirmed in the Japanese version through Google translate doing that whole 'refer to biological females as 'he'' thing, and also... the French version of the game... for some reason.

Not much has changed since the last time I bought this MU up. Both are natural-borne hunters, who abstain (mostly) from the world around them, and also partake in archery ingrained into their psychology. Juniper herself sets an example in self-sustenance by growing her own food for Colony Tau, and Decidueye is... well, a Grass Type.

I'm... actually not sure what else I'm supposed to put here, other than 'Claude has better MUs than Decidueye', and this is why.

- Grey vs Soldier: 76 (Overwatch)

This one banks far more on the lowball Hero scaling for these characters, but the relations kinda check out: Both are considered outlaws of a domestic body of officers (The Lost Numbers, and Overwatch itself), and roam the streets with their weapons in not-so-inconspicuous disguises (Grey with the mask and eyepatch, and Jack with the visor). Both are also married men (albeit on opposite ends of sexual preference, one being straight and one gay), and both having 'lost friends they owe a debt to'. That's the long and short of it, and you'll know the relations when you see them.

ANTAGONIST MUs:

- Z vs (either) Infinite Zamasu (DBZ) or Master Xehanort (KH)

Either one works here, I just heard the whole 'infinite timelines' thing that Zamasu had going on and thought 'hey, that sounds kinda similar to the Endless Now that Moebius goes banging on about'. But again, I'm DBZ blind, so feel free to verify that.

Master Xehanort, on the other hand, I'm at the very least more familiar with, and I think Moebius forms/Consuls vs Organisation XIII has just as much MU (and animation) potential as any other, as well as having timeline shenanigans as a relation. I bring this up because of the whole 'Palpatine's too similar MUs' thing that became a concern for PalNort recently (although nothing was beating the absolute whopper that was 'This Heartless Empire' as a commission). Idk, just food for thought.

- N vs (either) Nanashi (SMTIVa) or Lif (Fire Emblem: Heroes)

Nanashi was an idea that sprung to mind lately, and one that I got in touch with @JoshDoshMosh about, actually. Consider it my alternative to all of the 'Noah's pose looks like Flynn lol' comments that were going around (and depending on if you consider bonds/massacre as canon, Nanashi could go up against N or Noah tbh'. As you can probably infer, the main relation is how N is a version of Noah (and vice versa), in the same way that Nanashi is a reincarnation of Akira, and may or may not have pillaged great cities at one point.

Lif also has the whole 'I'm actually a dark version of you from an alternate timeline' thing going on, but I'm not someone who apes units in Heroes (and I don't plan to), so feel free to check relations on that one.

SOME SLIGHTLY MORE CURSED IDEAS:

- Monica vs Bismuth (Steven Universe)

(my only good exposure to SU is Lily Orchid's review on the matter, so... sue me)

This MU idea kinda came to me rather suddenly, knowing how Bismuth was described as 'a revolutionary looking to liberate homeworld after a falling out with the Diamonds', not unlike Monica being a revolutionary of sorts, the 'elder' of the Lost Numbers, and having an obvious bone to pick with Moebius knowing that the City is a conglomeration of Keves and Agnian folk (much like how Grey is obviously Kevesi, but the twist is that he's a member of the Lost Numbers). I want to verify this, but I also don't want to touch SU with a 10ft barge pole, so... eh?

- Moebius D (& J) vs General Grievous (Star Wars)

This one is kinda going to need amending in due time.

The only major relation I can think of, is how they were both ex-human 'commanders' of sorts of their respective dark side, who like to keep 'collections' of their opponents belongings (Dirk having a collection of corpses and heads, and Grievous having a collection of lightsabers (or was that just a meme?)). I was looking more for fusions (because I did mention D & J), so if anyone has better ideas, let me know.

- Ashera vs Hange Zoe (AoT)

Dual swords? Check
Chronically insane and jokey? Check
Probable trauma, with personalities as a coping mechanism? Check

I can't even pretend there's more to it than that.

A COUPLE OF DBX IDEAS

- Alexandria vs Manuela (FE3H)

DBX_Alexandria_vs_Manuela.png

The central relation here is that both are sort of ambiguous in age (Alexandria being 6th term, despite what she does to herself, and Manuela being 'unknown' in age, but obviously somewhere around Hannerman's age because of their business rivalry). Also both of them are 'appreciated' for that role, and for being sort of teacher-figures for their groups.

- Moebius Y vs Carrera (AZG)

@The_Smashor will like this one...
DBX_Moebius_Y_vs_Carrera.png

Penulimate bosses of sorts, that speak in old English or Shakespearean. Both are also 'revived' for that fight, or retreat for the sake of it.

--

Welp, I think this post is MORE than long enough. That's all for now folks!
peace
Man, I still need to finish XC1...

Also, for Eunie... would "every expression they make is memable" be a valid connection? Based on Twitter, that seems to be a pretty popular part of her character.

Fair enough i always attest it's both best given everything about it clicks to me
idk the connections between her and Mewtwo
Eh that's fair. I'm just personally really not a fan of Pokemon in Versus at all so it doesn't click with me at all, though I can acknowledge the connections, and there's also just very little to debate for it lol.

The connections I was sent for Mewtwo vs Satori are:
-Two Physics who had a distaste for Humanity due to their past experiences (Mewtwo being created as The Ultimate Pokemon, being constantly experimented on/Satori being hated by Humanity due to her Third Eye) {Constrasting with Mewtwo actively wanting to take Revenge on Humanity while Satori hid away from them)
-Due to this situation they were stuck in, The Person who was closest to them disappeared (Amber, along with the other clones, died due to them not having a strong enough life force to carry on/Koishi, Satori's Sister, couldn't handle the Hate from Humanity and cut her Third Eye causing her to become unknown to Everyone)
-Both's distaste for Humans made them look for Animals as their companions, with them hating Humans till they met the main characters, which made them revaluate their outlook on them.
-Both are also extremely hard to work with but will help if the situation is dire enough (Like the Events of the Genasect Movie & Foul Detective Satori)

Being a huge Komeiji fan I have to nitpick though, Satori's doesn't have an exclusive distaste for humans, she generally just has a distaste for anyone and everyone else, considering her race is hated by everyone, humans and Youkai alike, because of their innate ability. Honestly, most of the real difficulty with her hatred came from being hated by Youkai, because it lead to her race being exiled and excommunicated into Old Hell. Humans don't really particularly fear/hate her anymore than a regular old Youkai, if anything they seem to be the people she's least bothered with, based on some comments she's made over the series. Meanwhile Youkai feared her because they could see right through them no matter what. The same thing applies to Koishi, she couldn't handle being hated by EVERYONE, not humans specifically. The connection... KIND of works but is pretty dubious imo, since Mewtwo's hatred is based entirely on humanity while Satori's disdain is moreso a general thing.

Master of magnet, duh
I would’ve thought Accelerator would’ve won with all the hype around him. So if Mags is the winner, what would be the runner ups? I know Tetsuo might be the last in order
real talk i need the next Dragon Ball Mu with another series we already had our fill with the Capeshit run for the time being
don't care what just give me Variety
maybe Sakuya, Omnimon, Goetia, or Dark Samus could work, idk
Also, for Eunie... would "every expression they make is memable" be a valid connection? Based on Twitter, that seems to be a pretty popular part of her character.
thats a connection I use for some MUs like Adachi and Kira

Unrelated to anything, but it's only just hit me how Joran (Moebius J) is effectively a 'we live in a society' character.

Man, I still need to finish XC1...

Probably not. Why, who did you have in mind?

That one is a reference to a moment in the series, where a fusion of atomix and alien x do the same thing to Vilgax
Actually think that bit's fine. Its a neat reference, a good demonstration of the immediate increase in power from Ben's other aliens to Alien X, and is kind of raw in general.

Everything AFTER that point is where it's just severely downhill lol.

You think we’d get another Mecha fight anytime soon?

Now that you mention it, I should probably have thought of Egil from a Mecha perspective. It's probably what spurred on Egil vs Armstrong before I thought 'wait, I'm not as familiar with MGSS as I should be, and this is seemingly a statstomp, is there something wrong with me?'

Now that you mention it, I should probably have thought of Egil from a Mecha perspective. It's probably what spurred on Egil vs Armstrong before I thought 'wait, I'm not as familiar with MGSS as I should be, and this is seemingly a statstomp, is there something wrong with me?'
Not sure if you would count Metal face as a mecha, cause he has acouple matchup I’m interested in

Not sure if you would count Metal face as a mecha, cause he has acouple matchup I’m interested in

You're thinking of Gold Face / Yaldabouth. Although Mumkhar does have alt MUs out of Metal Face.

This is also (sort of) a reason I'm looking for Moebius D & J MUs. Dirk just happens to be XC3's Mumkhar, in a manner of speaking.

You think we’d get another Mecha fight anytime soon?
Please........give it to me
That or a Kaiju fight
For how long we have not had a fight with giant size characters?

Some findings:
We have Godzilla vs Gamera, Tigerzord vs Gundam Epyon, Megazord vs Voltron, Optimus Prime vs RX-78-2 Gundam, Dragonzord vs Mechagodzilla, and... That's that IIRC.
Thanos vs Darkseid, Wario vs King Dedede and Ganondorf (Ganon form) vs Dracula (Man-Bat form) are fights where characters grow giant size (or swaps to giant form) mid-fight.
Oh Sasuke vs Hiei and Madara vs Aizen are fights where both have giant avatars.
Galactus vs Unicron and Kyle Rayner vs Simon the Digger are not realised yet.
Deathwing vs King Ghidorah and EVA-01 vs Gipsy Danger have been Community Death Battle matchups before.
I can quote more but those are out right from my brain (like... Before I go right to work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back