• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if Dragon Quest to get an episode, it’s most likely gonna be Erdrick, right?
It depends when DB decides to do a DQ rep. It likely be around the time DQ12 gets released which is predicted late 2023 to early 2024 (Assuming Square Enix don't fall back into the bad habit of announcing games too early).

Ofc new franchises are always welcome and the Toriyama artsytle will likely bring in the Dragon Ball fans too.

Anyways, so does anybody have matchups that they'd love to see on DB? Ones you really like and are invested in and would love to see DB cover?
I'll throw a few of my favourites out there:
  1. Funny Valentine vs Senator Armstrong (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure vs Metal Gear)
  2. Cuphead vs Peacock (Cuphead vs Skullgirls)
  3. Asura vs Atrocitus (Asura's Wrath vs DC)
  4. Minato vs Neku (Persona vs The World Ends With You)
  5. Maxwell vs Rudy (Scribblenauts vs ChalkZone)
  6. Itachi Uchiha vs Undertaker (Naruto vs WWE)
  7. Ridley vs Vile (Metroid vs Mega Man)
  8. Captain America vs Kamen Rider Ichigo (MARVEL vs Kamen Rider)
  9. Trunks vs Luminary (Dragon Ball vs Dragon Quest)
  10. Skeletor vs Lord Zedd (Masters of the Universe vs Power Rangers)
  11. Sailor Moon vs Madoka Kaname (Sailor Moon vs Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
  12. Doomsday vs SCP-682 (DC vs SCP)
  13. Spawn vs Demi-Fiend (Image Comics vs Shin Megami Tensei)
  14. Mewthree vs SSJ5 Goku (Pokemon vs Dragon Ball)
  15. Splinter vs Shifu (TMNT vs Kung Fu Panda)
  16. Thaal Sinestro vs Yuki Terumi (DC vs Blazblue)
  17. Boros vs Battle Beast (One-Punch Man vs Invincible)
  18. Something with mythological Gilgamesh (any suggestions?)
  19. Jenny Wakeman vs Robotboy (Nickelodeon vs Cartoon Network)
  20. Bowser vs Eggman (Mario vs Sonic)
As an aside, If we get Megatron vs Frieza, my only wish for the episode is after the killing blow, we see Megatron in Hell with the rest of the Dragon Ball villains.
So, if Dragon Quest to get an episode, it’s most likely gonna be Erdrick, right?
Probably either Erdrick or the Luminary. Both have that Smash Bros popularity, plus Dragon Quest 3 is getting the HD-2D treatment.

Who do you think would be a good MU for either?
For Luminary, my personal favourite is Trunks, though I've also heard Flynn from SMT as a possibility. As for Erdrick, I generally see Crono or Marth as his main options.
Well actually, it's supposed to be Pokegods vs Dragon Ball AF🤓🤓🤓🤓
The matchup is more the general idea of Mewthree and SSJ5 Goku, not specific to anything.

Anyways, so does anybody have matchups that they'd love to see on DB? Ones you really like and are invested in and would love to see DB cover?
I have like more than one hundred of MUs that i could mention, i will instead leave this link where i have collected all the thumbnails of all the matchups that i find interesting.

Last edited:
FZkyAKeXEAAqd8Y

Well...
(Btw Sakuya vs Dave is ******* awesome and way better than her vs Aradia, definetly Sakuya's best MU involving a HS character)
unknown.png
Friendship ended with Hit; Dave Strider is now Sakuya Izayoi's best opponent.

Youtube audience consider Satoru Gojo stomping Makima (83%:17%) harder than Yor Briar stomping The Bride (Kill Bill) (75%:25%) but less hard than a wanked Guts stomping Clare (88%:12%).

We have 2.21 ton TNT "Mach 20" Korosensei vs 16.27 ton TNT Supersonic+ Monokuma while G1 bloggers have 117.874 kiloton TNT "Mach 20" Korosensei vs 2.3 megaton TNT 4.4 c Monokuma.

G1 Bloggers said:
As you might have noticed, this blog came out a week ahead of schedule. This is due to the fact that DEATH BATTLE! will be returning earlier than expected, on September 4th, and as a result we have needed to speed up our time tables. Regretfully, this means that we will not be able to complete all five blogs that were planned in time for the end of the mid-season break. As such, Ash VS Yugi is officially delayed. We are sorry to have to delay it like this, but if we were to attempt to do it now, we would have to complete it and the fifth blog within a week each, which would only result in a lower-quality product than they deserve. Rest assured, Ash VS Yugi will be guaranteed a slot in next summer’s lineup of bonus blogs.

Wondering what they have dug up for Ash Ketchum vs Yugi Muto that makes a blog with a verdict quite easy to make being postponed.

Well they have to make their verdict for the season 9 part 2 premiere on time so never mind.

Last edited:
Friendship ended with Hit; Dave Strider is now Sakuya Izayoi's best opponent.

Youtube audience consider Satoru Gojo stomping Makima (83%:17%) harder than Yor Briar stomping The Bride (Kill Bill) (75%:25%) but less hard than a wanked Guts stomping Clare (88%:12%).

We have 2.21 ton TNT "Mach 20" Korosensei vs 16.27 ton TNT Supersonic+ Monokuma while G1 bloggers have 117.874 kiloton TNT "Mach 20" Korosensei vs 2.3 megaton TNT 4.4 c Monokuma.

Wondering what they have dug up for Ash Ketchum vs Yugi Muto that makes a blog with a verdict quite easy to make being postponed.

Well they have to make their verdict for the season 9 part 2 premiere on time so never mind.
You can scale Ash's strongest pokemon and their forms to psudeo legendaries and maybe the weaker legendary pokemon, not sure if that can compete with the Egyptian God cards though lol

Hot take:

Why pushing OCs and "collective fan writing" for a Death Battle when we have tons of definitively owned franchises yet to debut.

I mean, at least, evolve those OCs into indie/doujin company held franchises. Turn them into novels or even comic books, animes and video games. Some new franchises start from OC ideas. Stop staying OCs at fan fiction. Unless you want to and refrain them from a character versus debate.

Hot take:

Why pushing OCs and "collective fan writing" for a Death Battle when we have tons of definitively owned franchises yet to debut.

I mean, at least, evolve those OCs into indie/doujin company held franchises. Turn them into novels or even comic books, animes and video games. Some new franchises start from OC ideas. Stop staying OCs at fan fiction. Unless you want to and refrain them from a character versus debate.
This is a pretty cold take if you ask me. Of course most people would prefer established characters to be on DB, rather than an OC that maybe a few people know.

I'm just looking for a MU for my friend's OC for fun. I figured this would be a good place to find MUs for characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back