• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant escape Shulk vs Lightning, Joycap.

LanzPissOff.png

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE:

Expect a BIG post about MUs, and what I got right soon.

One of the things I want most from Simon vs Kyle is for them to add the Gurren Lagann eye catches into the episode. The eyecatches themselves should be Simon and Kyle fighting with progressive levels of power.

Given that they incorporated the Spiderverse aesthetic, the JoJo color palette swap, the Demon Slayer opening thread, and lots of other visual cues from other franchises, I think there’s a good possibility of this happening.
Update: I got too impatient to wait for DB to do it and decided to do it myself. Credits to DekHead for the art:

I literally just talked with KP about this MU, lul
Guess who was the one to tip her off about it (me)
Touhou stop having thematic but cursed MUs challange (IMPOSSIBLE)

This is probably my 2nd favorite Marisa MU now. I still generally prefer Marisa v Yuffie because its a closer debate I think and I just really like the vibe of it, but Rose is a much more thematic MU. Awesome how both are very very close Marisa wins though.

I've hyped up Moro vs Tirek before, but I don't think I've explained the connections, though a few are pretty obvious at first glance.
  • Sealed away long ago before the beginning of the story because of higher beings who possess important positions in their respective worlds (Grand Supreme Kai and Princess Celestia)
  • Eventually escape their confinement by gaining enough power to free themselves
  • Evil wizards primarily inspired design wise by goats
  • Predominantly feature a primary color in their designs (Blue and Red)
  • Main power is to absorb the energy of others, including the main power source of their worlds (Ki and Magic)
  • Undergo several transformations over the course of their arc by absorbing more energy, including starting from an old, decrepit form, and becoming more youthful before finally entering a prime state. (Though in Moro's case, he goes through several more beyond that.)
  • Final battles during their arc against their respective protagonists end with the protagonist receiving an incredible supply of power from their friends (Goku gaining enough ki from his allies to defeat Moro and Twilight gaining Rainbow Power from her friendship with her allies)
  • Betrayed one of their allies in order to ascend to one of their final stages of power (Moro paralyzes and eats 73 and Tirek betrays Discord and steals his magic)
Admittedly, they don't have a textwall of connections, but that's to be expected from an antagonist who showed up for one arc, and one that showed up for two arcs. Frankly, evil goat wizards who absorb energy is such a specific connection that the rest are mostly unnecessary.

If I had to give a track name, "Ancient Devourers".

Also, as a meta bonus, Twilight vs Tirek is frequently regarded as being like a fight from Dragon Ball, and guess what Moro's home series is?

Frankly, I want this more than Bill vs Discord. Bill vs Discord has a ridiculous amount of potential that I feel just can't be done justice by Death Battle. Meanwhile, Moro vs Tirek has less potential, and that means DB can more easily write and animate a fight that fully draws on that potential without feeling unsatisfactory. Choreography might be a problem considering Tirek's build, but eh, both characters can fly, so it's not that big of a deal.

I've hyped up Moro vs Tirek before, but I don't think I've explained the connections, though a few are pretty obvious at first glance.
  • Sealed away long ago before the beginning of the story because of higher beings who possess important positions in their respective worlds (Grand Supreme Kai and Princess Celestia)
  • Eventually escape their confinement by gaining enough power to free themselves
  • Evil wizards primarily inspired design wise by goats
  • Predominantly feature a primary color in their designs (Blue and Red)
  • Main power is to absorb the energy of others, including the main power source of their worlds (Ki and Magic)
  • Undergo several transformations over the course of their arc by absorbing more energy, including starting from an old, decrepit form, and becoming more youthful before finally entering a prime state. (Though in Moro's case, he goes through several more beyond that.)
  • Final battles during their arc against their respective protagonists end with the protagonist receiving an incredible supply of power from their friends (Goku gaining enough ki from his allies to defeat Moro and Twilight gaining Rainbow Power from her friendship with her allies)
  • Betrayed one of their allies in order to ascend to one of their final stages of power (Moro paralyzes and eats 73 and Tirek betrays Discord and steals his magic)
Admittedly, they don't have a textwall of connections, but that's to be expected from an antagonist who showed up for one arc, and one that showed up for two arcs. Frankly, evil goat wizards who absorb energy is such a specific connection that the rest are mostly unnecessary.

If I had to give a track name, "Ancient Devourers".

Also, as a meta bonus, Twilight vs Tirek is frequently regarded as being like a fight from Dragon Ball, and guess what Moro's home series is?

Frankly, I want this more than Bill vs Discord. Bill vs Discord has a ridiculous amount of potential that I feel just can't be done justice by Death Battle. Meanwhile, Moro vs Tirek has less potential, and that means DB can more easily write and animate a fight that fully draws on that potential without feeling unsatisfactory. Choreography might be a problem considering Tirek's build, but eh, both characters can fly, so it's not that big of a deal.
im aware of the Connections
overall not bad pretty easy to get
don't have much pull for me given i don't care much for Moro given Toyo dropped the ball on him
i could see this MU happening down the line but boils to the crew being more open into using MLP

God, I'd love for Zero to get another episode. Metal Sonic vs Zero was honestly pretty lame, and the sound design and models made me physically ill sometimes. Also, Meta Knight W and undefeated Kirby is based.
while i don't hate it it has some stuff i liked but like most of S4 episodes it doesn't hold much these days
You can do alot more with Zero now than before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back