• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the ones where winner changed was Zuko vs Shoto, since they somehow forgot Shoto stadium feat and Zuko was going to be given lightning speed but not Shoto, until Kaminari got more explanation. Supposedly Harley at one point was considered winner. And classic example is Knuckles almost won cause he was given Archie stuff.

As for winner not changing, 18 vs Carol had them address 2 mistakes for 18, but still concluded she'd win. And infamously they finished Hulk vs Broly in 2020 February, so in actual ep Marvel didnt get big uni size, which Swan had to correct that even with big uni size, Broly would beat Hulk. Interestingly Hulk vs Broly written QA didnt happen so who knows.
Just gonna ask for more details on these:

Was Zuko vs Shoto changed very late into production like Archie v Wally was noted to be, or was it changed early enough for the correct victor to be chosen?

I remember the Harley thing but they never really specified at what point in production that was.

ALSO I somehow didn't know about the Knuckles example, that makes that MUs verdict even ******* crazier to have decided on DK LOL.

Also interesting, didn't know they addressed the Hulk v Broly thing, I did know about 18 vs Carol though lol

same i feel personally this one would be better off being done like the Goku vs Sonic one which captures the fun about the Mu
no deaths genuine respect thats all
before this MU doesn't do anything but after Piccolo got a new form warmed up to it i prefer it as a Non DB
I'd love to be able to do a Versus Show one day cause honestly there's a lot of MUs I'd like to do that I feel could have interesting, character driven endings beyond just killing the opponent. The fight could START over a misunderstanding but end more amicably and respectably, or just have the fight start as a sparring session, either or.

Also a fight between Knuckles and Piccolo could just be really fun. I'd love to have the battle track be a kind of beat akin to Knuckles' SA2 songs with motifs of Piccolo's theme baked into the track, could be unique from the usual Versus Track rock affair.

I'd love to be able to do a Versus Show one day cause honestly there's a lot of MUs I'd like to do that I feel could have interesting, character driven endings beyond just killing the opponent. The fight could START over a misunderstanding but end more amicably and respectably, or just have the fight start as a sparring session, either or.

Also a fight between Knuckles and Piccolo could just be really fun. I'd love to have the battle track be a kind of beat akin to Knuckles' SA2 songs with motifs of Piccolo's theme baked into the track, could be unique from the usual Versus Track rock affair.
Hold it. So Game Knuckles can fight Piccolo now? What are those close connections?

And ya. If I have quality free time (which is scarce and can be scarcer) maybe I will do some Battle track music.

Just gonna ask for more details on these:

Was Zuko vs Shoto changed very late into production like Archie v Wally was noted to be, or was it changed early enough for the correct victor to be chosen?

I remember the Harley thing but they never really specified at what point in production that was.

ALSO I somehow didn't know about the Knuckles example, that makes that MUs verdict even ******* crazier to have decided on DK LOL.

Also interesting, didn't know they addressed the Hulk v Broly thing, I did know about 18 vs Carol though lol
Zuko vs Shoto was supposed to be in 1st half but was moved to 2nd, this move saved Shoto.

Harley thing felt like change from early in research, yeah.

DK vs Knux was the cataclysm on DB starting to move away from composites when they read about how different Archie Knux was from Game Knux. Then they realized Sonic X Moon feat wasnt as good as DK's moon feat

Hulk vs Broly thing was from cast only, which yeah no wonder because I really dont watch modern casts much either lol

Hold it. So Game Knuckles can fight Piccolo now? What are those close connections?.
Powerful warriors of a near extinct race that had a history of warmongering (Namekians and Echidnas), both either being the last remaining member or one of the final members of their race, and are generally considered the strongest of said race. These clans sought the power of artifacts that could grant incredible power (The Dragon Balls and Master Emerald). The two were initially opposed to a somewhat cocky yet powerful warrior with yellow super forms (Goku and Sonic) due to being tricked one way or the other (Piccolo gaining the memories of King Piccolo, and Knuckles being tricked by Eggman to think Sonic wanted to steal the Master Emerald). Eventually, they grew to become allies with them, becoming friendly rivals, and would band together to fight a common enemy, and eventually became a member of a fighting group that protects Earth. Their antagonistic rival role would also later be reprised by a character who more directly rivals the protagonist (Vegeta to Goku and Shadow to Sonic). They're also both black-coded,

Game Super forms getting 2-B buff means Sonic characters shit on DBS characters here lol

They wont in DB tho.

Maybe I shouldnt touch this one, but how does Game Super Sonic compare against Paper Mario now? Dunno how high 2-Bs PM reaches, supposedly Super Sonic is a strong 2-B now.

Powerful warriors of a near extinct race that had a history of warmongering (Namekians and Echidnas), both either being the last remaining member or one of the final members of their race, and are generally considered the strongest of said race. These clans sought the power of artifacts that could grant incredible power (The Dragon Balls and Master Emerald). The two were initially opposed to a somewhat cocky yet powerful warrior with yellow super forms (Goku and Sonic) due to being tricked one way or the other (Piccolo gaining the memories of King Piccolo, and Knuckles being tricked by Eggman to think Sonic wanted to steal the Master Emerald). Eventually, they grew to become allies with them, becoming friendly rivals, and would band together to fight a common enemy, and eventually became a member of a fighting group that protects Earth. Their antagonistic rival role would also later be reprised by a character who more directly rivals the protagonist (Vegeta to Goku and Shadow to Sonic). They're also both black-coded,
I’m praying they don’t go with Piccolo vs Martian Manhunter. It’d literally just be Goku vs Superman Green dudes edition, and we already got a banger fight between them from OMM.

Also, I’d genuinely be annoyed to watch Piccolo, a character I like a lot, get fed to some B-tier DC character I couldn’t give less of a shit about.

On the other hand, I actually love Knuckles and Piccolo. Plus, great banter potential, their Super Forms can match each other in escalation, and I’d love Knuckles to get an episode with the quality DB usually gives Dragon Ball episodes.

Game Super forms getting 2-B buff means Sonic characters shit on DBS characters here lol

They wont in DB tho.

Maybe I shouldnt touch this one, but how does Game Super Sonic compare against Paper Mario now? Dunno how high 2-Bs PM reaches, supposedly Super Sonic is a strong 2-B now.
Both scale to pretty similar stuff via dreamworld shenanigans = universes created by each lifeform in existence capable of thought. In Mario even bacteria is capable of dreaming plus there's dreams within dreams via the dreamers (inception basically) plus there's arguments for 2-A since if there's infinite space then there's likely infinite lifeforms too plus MWI is a thing as well however Sonic has arguments for MWI too (via "what if...?" timelines from Shadow 05, CD, Sonic 06, etc) as well as possibly taking place in the same cosmology as them and possibly Prime Sonic too (if the rumours of it taking place in the same canon are Game Sonic are true).

Tl;dr: Marioverse and Sonicverse (AP wise) are among the biggest 2-Bs on the site.

Shitty doesn't even begin to describe that dogshit series. As an RE fan, I legit felt more offended by the end of the first episode by how bad it was, than I ever was with the Mila Jovovich films.
Netflix adaptations are a coin toss but live-action is usually a bad omen but as a Sonic fan Prime on Netflix looks promising at least, being animated (even in 3D) is a good sign but as a Monster Hunter fan I feel your pain of seeing a subpar (to put it politely) live-action adaption of a beloved Capcom IP feating Milla.

Tho its an empty win...
Meh it's not all bad as long it's good
I’m praying they don’t go with Piccolo vs Martian Manhunter. It’d literally just be Goku vs Superman Green dudes edition, and we already got a banger fight between them from OMM.

Also, I’d genuinely be annoyed to watch Piccolo, a character I like a lot, get fed to some B-tier DC character I couldn’t give less of a shit about.

On the other hand, I actually love Knuckles and Piccolo. Plus, great banter potential, their Super Forms can match each other in escalation, and I’d love Knuckles to get an episode with the quality DB usually gives Dragon Ball episodes.
I kinda don't want it as one mainly cause I don't want gane Knuckles to come back n eat n L again nor do because the outcome can be seen a mile away

Meh it's not all bad as long it's good

I kinda don't want it as one mainly cause I don't want game Knuckles to come back n eat n L again nor do because the outcome can be seen a mile away
I mean, yeah, by DB and VSBattles standards Knuckles would lose to Piccolo, but I also just want to see a fire animation of Knuckles fighting Piccolo. And frankly, I really just want to have a good Sonic episode, because most of them kinda don't hold up very well in retrospect.

I mean, yeah, by DB and VSBattles standards Knuckles would lose to Piccolo, but I also just want to see a fire animation of Knuckles fighting Piccolo. And frankly, I really just want to have a good Sonic episode, because most of them kinda don't hold up very well in retrospect.
i mean the last two ones were fine and episodes like Eggman vs Willy and Donkey Kong vs Knuckles still hold up better than most

could be better but like most series outside MG,Kirby,Dragon Ball,and,Naruto,Vary in quality

vegito_vs_kamen_rider_cross_build_by_truepokebrawler_dfal3e8-pre.jpg

For MultiVersus, I have found that Bugs Bunny has performed a feat (kicking a vault) which can be used to scale to every MultiVersus characters.

Hi! Maybe you can use the name of some attacks as feats? If I'm not mistaken Iron Giant has a move called 100-Tons Kick and Superman have other named Ten-Tons Tackle (The one in the air where he flies, grab an opponent and then proceed to punch them)

But again Piccolo is losing to Martian Manhunter if he is not fighting Knuckles.

For MultiVersus, I have found that Bugs Bunny has performed a feat (kicking a vault) which can be used to scale to every MultiVersus characters.

I do wonder... if characters can appear in SSBU and MultiVersus at the same time.

Piccolo Naranja unironically probably made casuals seem more down to do Piccolo vs MMH The Same Way Gear 5 made Plastic Man vs Luffy more fun to think about to Swan who didn't like the MU beforehand

Or How Gohan Blanco had one of the animator's down to do Superboy vs Gohan
As much as I adore episodes like BlackFlash or Thorgeta, I really hope they don't keep feeding Dragon Ball characters to the Marvel/DC grinder.

Hi! Maybe you can use the name of some attacks as feats? If I'm not mistaken Iron Giant has a move called 100-Tons Kick and Superman have other named Ten-Tons Tackle (The one in the air where he flies, grab an opponent and then proceed to punch them)
Cant do, else other verses should get that too despite their feats not being accurate to that, Vegeta big bang attack making him universal along others before DBS era or Boros being a star buster cuz his move is called collapsing star

Some info from the DB Fireside Chat. Get ready if you’re willing to read this summary, because there’s a lot to unpack here… So it’s clear-cut that we all know what the premiere for the second half of Season 9 is: James Bond VS John Wick.

Ben was talking about the next season and what’s to come. He and the team looked at the requests, which came about to a total of, and I shit you not when I say this… 90 requests! 90! He even went about and said they might add more episodes in Season 10 (I mean, if they can get the budget to do so let alone make it in the style of how many episodes Season 7 had, but let’s not fool ourselves here! Yes, I’m aware of the pandemic ******* things up, but I’m gonna hold hope to this.). Tl;dr, Season 10 sounds hype, and the next half of Season 9 will supposedly have bonkers matchups.

Alright they confirmed Bond vs Wick is the Second Half Premiere
Screenshot_20220804-093039_YouTube.jpg

and it's confirmed to be 3D Blender
Are they really gonna try for a Snake vs Sam 2.0? Ok, this could turn out amazing if it’s even a quarter as good.

Tl;dr, Season 10 sounds hype, and the next half of Season 9 will supposedly have bonkers matchups.
Please, PLEASE, Simon vs Kyle.

Makes you wonder how many of those 90 requests are marvel vs dc or non marvel/dc vs marvel/dc
Who knows lol
Are they really gonna try for a Snake vs Sam 2.0? Ok, this could turn out amazing if it’s even a quarter as good.
Well Orgin the Animator seems high on the fight
More than 90 requests only? I thought there were far more. Like even the recent Smash Bracket event has more matchups raised.

But still, say 100 matchups - can fit into 4 Death Battle seasons of 16 DB episodes and 9 DBX episodes so not too bad.

Well, I see that you can also post matchups here.... so I would proceed to post my personal one:

Vilgax from Ben 10 vs Raven Beak from Metroid (You know, the villain of Metroid Dread)

It has a surprisingly amount of connections, and is a way better version of Vilgax vs Ridley.
And if y'all ask here are the connections:

•Both are alien warlords and conquerors with ambitions in galactic proportions, that look down on other creatures and are manipulative assholes.

•Both were responsible for the extinction of entire species (The Petrosapiens and the Thoha) with only one survivor (Tetrax Shard and Quiet Robe) that were used by the conquerors as pawns and they ended up as allies to the heroes.

•Both fights protagonist with genetic alterations, Ben changing his DNA structure with the Omnitrix and Samus having different types of DNA in her genetic structure (Human, Chozo [Both Thoha and Mawkin], Metroid and X)

•Both are genetically enhanced and have abilities that others from their species don't (Vilgax's true form and Raven's wings)

•Both get their own compatriots turned into monsters (Vilgaxia's people turned into puppets by Zs'skayr and The Mawkin getting infected by the X parasite), but they have opposite reactions, while Vilgax decides to seek help to save his people, Raven Beak in the other side didn't care at all and used them as obstacles for Samus.

•Both tried to obtain something from the protagonist to create an invincible army (Ben's Omnitrix and Samus's DNA)

•Both were fused with a parasite lifeforms (Malware and X-Parasite respectively) and get new forms (Malgax and X-Raven), but with a contrast, Vilgax voluntarily fused with that parasite maintaining his intelligence while Raven Beak was forcefully infected and turn into a mindless monster.

•And finally, both constantly overpowered the protagonist, and were defeated by the protagonist's suddenly new transformation (Ben turning into Way Big and Samus gaining a Metroid transformation)

Well, I see that you can also post matchups here.... so I would proceed to post my personal one:

Vilgax from Ben 10 vs Raven Beak from Metroid (You know, the villain of Metroid Dread)

It has a surprisingly amount of connections, and is a way better version of Vilgax vs Ridley.
And if y'all ask here are the connections:

•Both are alien warlords and conquerors with ambitions in galactic proportions, that look down on other creatures and are manipulative assholes.

•Both were responsible for the extinction of entire species (The Petrosapiens and the Thoha) with only one survivor (Tetrax Shard and Quiet Robe) that were used by the conquerors as pawns and they ended up as allies to the heroes.

•Both fights protagonist with genetic alterations, Ben changing his DNA structure with the Omnitrix and Samus having different types of DNA in her genetic structure (Human, Chozo [Both Thoha and Mawkin], Metroid and X)

•Both are genetically enhanced and have abilities that others from their species don't (Vilgax's true form and Raven's wings)

•Both get their own compatriots turned into monsters (Vilgaxia's people turned into puppets by Zs'skayr and The Mawkin getting infected by the X parasite), but they have opposite reactions, while Vilgax decides to seek help to save his people, Raven Beak in the other side didn't care at all and used them as obstacles for Samus.

•Both tried to obtain something from the protagonist to create an invincible army (Ben's Omnitrix and Samus's DNA)

•Both were fused with a parasite lifeforms (Malware and X-Parasite respectively) and get new forms (Malgax and X-Raven), but with a contrast, Vilgax voluntarily fused with that parasite maintaining his intelligence while Raven Beak was forcefully infected and turn into a mindless monster.

•And finally, both constantly overpowered the protagonist, and were defeated by the protagonist's suddenly new transformation (Ben turning into Way Big and Samus gaining a Metroid transformation)
Oh, if you're gonna post MUs, drop your top 10 DBs.

Also, not a bad MU. it'd be nice to have a Ben 10 episode that doesn't frustrate me to watch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back