• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffith should get into Death Battle rather than Guts again. Switch things up a bit. We already know most of his powers and abilities. The issue is that he's such a broken hax lord and would lolstomp all his possible MU's without taking any damage.

Pinhead (Hellraiser) vs Griffith (Berserk)

Just going to put this one right here, hopefully spread the word a bit. Cenobites vs Godhand would be sick as hell to see, and be possibly some of the most gruesome stuff in Death Battle history.

Moments when the combatants in Death Battle showed genuine fear

Some of the hotter choices
  • Ryu (vs Scorpion)
  • Knuckles (vs Donkey Kong)
  • Silver Samurai (vs Shredder)
  • Widowmaker (vs Black Widow)
  • (Slightly) Dragonzord and Tommy Oliver (vs Mechagodzilla and Akane Yashiro)
  • Ganondorf (vs Dracula)
  • Sabrewulf (vs Jon Talbain)
  • Senketsu (in Shadow vs Ryuuko)
  • Mikasa Ackerman (vs Blake Belladonna)
  • (Slightly) Steven Universe (vs Star Butterfly)
  • (Slightly) Alucard (vs DIO)
  • Harley Quinn (vs Jinx)
  • DBS Vegeta (vs Thor)
  • Homelander

Surprised not quite many mentions Geese Howard

• Ryu (vs Scorpion)
  • Ganondorf (vs Dracula)
  • Harley Quinn (vs Jinx)
  • DBS Vegeta (vs Thor)
  • Homelander

I think Alucard and Knuckles were more shock than fear. Dragonzord & Tommy Oliver was more of a panic as well.

Pinhead (Hellraiser) vs Griffith (Berserk)

Just going to put this one right here, hopefully spread the word a bit. Cenobites vs Godhand would be sick as hell to see, and be possibly some of the most gruesome stuff in Death Battle history.
Not bad seen it before but again Griffith lack of a real fight makes it eh
Moments when the combatants in Death Battle showed genuine fear

• Ryu (vs Scorpion)
  • Ganondorf (vs Dracula)
  • Harley Quinn (vs Jinx)
  • DBS Vegeta (vs Thor)
  • Homelander

Vegeta didnt show fear more of Pissed and Annoyance

• Ryu (vs Scorpion)
I see what you did there. I think.
Anyone else miss how they used to only reveal one character and we were just left wondering who their combatant was until it was actually revealed?
Kinda? It does generate talk but lots of people were impatient. It's better off as a lineup trailer or mid-break reveal like Beerus and Batman.

I see what you did there. I think.

Kinda? It does generate talk but lots of people were impatient. It's better off as a lineup trailer or mid-break reveal like Beerus and Batman.
You know what's worse?
Desk of Death Battle only generates ~34k clicks in the first day and ~180k clicks over 2 weeks.
Which is outperformed by many DBX and even Death Race episodes so it is not a good choice for keeping clicks.

Really should have done DBX instead for the sake of maintenance discussion.

Cost is another issue however so maybe DODB is there to save up costs from animators and after scene staff members.

Anyone else miss how they used to only reveal one character and we were just left wondering who their combatant was until it was actually revealed?
I remember they tried pulling that shit for Hawkeye, before just immediately laughing and saying he was obviously fighting Green Arrow.

If I had to rank my preference for reveals,

No fighters revealed > Both fighters revealed > One fighter revealed.

I definitely prefer the mystery, but if I'm being told what it is, I'd prefer to know all of it.

I remember they tried pulling that shit for Hawkeye, before just immediately laughing and saying he was obviously fighting Green Arrow.

If I had to rank my preference for reveals,

No fighters revealed > Both fighters revealed > One fighter revealed.

I definitely prefer the mystery, but if I'm being told what it is, I'd prefer to know all of it.
Not really, no. I like to know what's coming up so I can get properly excited for it, it also makes the pre-release discussion of who would win more fun when you.... actually know who's gonna be fighting who.

You know what's worse?
Desk of Death Battle only generates ~34k clicks in the first day and ~180k clicks over 2 weeks.
Which is outperformed by many DBX and even Death Race episodes so it is not a good choice for keeping clicks.

Really should have done DBX instead for the sake of maintenance discussion.

Cost is another issue however so maybe DODB is there to save up costs from animators and after scene staff members.
It was probably a budget things. DoDBs probably take less to make than a DBX. They're mostly using research they already would have found during the research required for a regular Death Battle episode, and can just re-use stuff from past episode's research or even upcoming episode's research. The animation isn't super intense either so I doubt it costs a crazy amount.

Not really, no. I like to know what's coming up so I can get properly excited for it, it also makes the pre-release discussion of who would win more fun when you.... actually know who's gonna be fighting who.
I guess it comes down to whether you prefer discussion surrounding possible episodes, or discussions surrounding a certain MU. I’m a fan of both, so I’m happy regardless.

Call me a pessimist, but I’m not holding out much hope for crazy episodes when Chad “Macho Man vs Kool Aid Man” James is saying it.

Last edited:
Which would be better Composite Archie vs Composite Shaggy or Composite Lupin vs Composite Shaggy?
Archie, he has some reallly wacky stuff from crossovers, especially his scaling and he'd have hax from stuff like Riverdale mysteries which would give him a mountain of cursed and supernatural artifacts to use, it'd basically be the weirdest version of AP vs Hax

It was probably a budget things. DoDBs probably take less to make than a DBX. They're mostly using research they already would have found during the research required for a regular Death Battle episode, and can just re-use stuff from past episode's research or even upcoming episode's research. The animation isn't super intense either so I doubt it costs a crazy amount.
Likely the reason.

Which would be better Composite Archie vs Composite Shaggy or Composite Lupin vs Composite Shaggy?
Who are the Archie and Lupin you are exactly talking about?

Fair enough but point is there's probably probably a few curveballs were expecting
Chad "Macho Man vs Kool-Aid Man" James is not bringing the best matchup.
And so is Ben "Korra vs Storm" Singer.

But how do you feel towards Hershel Lousyton and Liam Swan? They whom terms like "Lousy Wank" and "Liam's Wank" spawn from?

He might thought you were talking about Archie Sonic vs Remus Lupin, a huge legacy matchup
Remus Lupin vs Shaggy Rogers may actually sound interesting on paper.
Likely as "good" as Wamuu vs Akaza.
Or we can try Chiya (Urara Meirochu) vs Shaggy Rogers

I didn’t think of it before, but the Blue Beetle film coming out could give us a Blue Beetle episode in Season 10. Either Rex gets fed to him, or Geo Stelar returns for a 1 on 1 episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back