• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
genji_vs_gray_fox_by_truepokebrawler_dfa9kpc-pre.jpg
frieza_vs_megatron_by_truepokebrawler_dfaacr7-pre.jpg
death_battle_thor_vs_susanoo_by_zalgo9997_dfa5qgs-pre.jpg
Whose the Japanese dude?

Both stat-wise and theme-wise winter is actually a much better opponent
While Winter Schnee can be a better opponent for Parasoul, Winter has a lot of better opponents against her (like that Xenoblade lady).

They did say that it took like a year for the commission to go through, in all that time, they probably made that thousand back no problem.

Also, track art is an additional 30 to 50, so it is more close to $1100. I'm surprised nobody's skimped out on the track art, though I guess if you're already playing around with hundreds of dollars, a few tens is trivial to part with.
Well they do claim they have a custom price markup for music over 7 minutes as ’for anything longer, put desired song duration in the "additional details" at the bottom of this form‘.
And technically in a long music, a lot of rythmns can be recycled - far easier done with one easy-to-use professional music software (which is what I plan to buy to make music myself - MuseScore is free to use but is surprisingly hard for me I wonder if Fruity Loops is worth the money)
So the cost can be surprisingly cheaper than expected. Total speculation but I wonder if a one-off US$700 can do the job ($650 for the music and $50 for TN).
Also,
There is no vocals here (if have vocals, by Brandon for +US$100, by a guest for +US$150, by a guest plus himself for +US$200, by 2 guest vocalists for +US$220)
No guest instrumentalist here (if yes, +US$80 for Infotron, +US$100 for Jun Mitsui, +US$200 for Werewolf Therewolf)
This has a cover so... (US$nil for no cover, US$30 for standard cover, US$50 for detailed cover (likely here), US$80 for one "all-out" cover, US$100 for a cover designed by 2 external artists, US$150 for a cover designed by 3 external artists)
No special "ad intro" track reveal animation (if yes +US$40)

It could be just me, but I really hope the crew members really read into what Sword Art Online is. And pick a character who also logs into an online game instead of just bumping into an isekai.

Last edited:
While Winter Schnee can be a better opponent for Parasoul, Winter has a lot of better opponents against her (like that Xenoblade lady).
Winter vs Parasoul:

A contrasting elements fight (Fire vs Ice)

Both have summons as part of their moveset

Both were heavily designed with aspects of German culture in mind

Both are among the most skilled fighters in their respective verses and can easily match and outmatch the rest of the cast in combat despite using relatively simple dueling weapons in a world where insane weapons, supernatural abilities, and superhuman animal-human hybrids are commonplace.

Both have spent their lives training in combat as a result of seeing their mother's tragic lives (Nancy Renoir and Willow Schnee) and not wanting to end up like them.

They are the defacto heads of their respective households (House Renoir and House Schnee), which holds/held a large amount of control over the most powerful kingdoms on the planet (The Canopy Kingdom and Atlas), and were made so due to the death of a parent (Nancy Renoir and Jaques Schnee)

Both are in charge of an elite group of soldiers that are hand picked out of the most powerful military on the planet (The Black Egrets and the Ace Ops) and are considered elite soldiers themselves

They both mentored their younger sisters (Umbrella and Weiss) in their fighting styles but they ended up diverting from using the same fighting style due to wielding a vastly more diverse weapon that was made to be an improved version of their weapon (Hungern and Myrtenaster)

Both inherited an ancient power that can only be passed down to women, and that turns the user into one of the strongest magic users in the world (The Skull Heart and the Maiden Power)

If there's any RWBY MU that doesn't involve one of the main four that I want, it's General Ironwood vs Handsome Jack. I've heard the connections aren't decent, but my god, Handsome Jack in Death Battle would be awesome. I don't even care if he'd win or lose, he's such a colossal dick that I'd be happy with either outcome.

If there's any RWBY MU that doesn't involve one of the main four that I want, it's General Ironwood vs Handsome Jack. I've heard the connections aren't decent, but my god, Handsome Jack in Death Battle would be awesome. I don't even care if he'd win or lose, he's such a colossal dick that I'd be happy with either outcome.
Why James Ironwood vs Handsome Jack when we have Two-Face (Post-Crisis) vs Handsome Jack? Close connections there, as a Community Death Battle before, potential DC slayer episode.

I wonder if Two-Face would be voiced by Tom Schalk and Handsome Jack be voiced by Yong Yea.

Last edited:
Why James Ironwood vs Handsome Jack when we have Two-Face (Post-Crisis) vs Handsome Jack? Close connections there, as a Community Death Battle before, potential DC slayer episode.

I wonder if Two-Face would be voiced by Tom Schalk and Handsome Jack be voiced by Yong Yea.
Honestly? I'd be perfectly happy with either one. RWBY MU that isn't the main team would be a decent change of pace, and Batman's rogues gallery finally getting more rep would be cool.

Although, I feel animation potential favors Ironwood vs Jack here. Two-Face's kit is more street-level, while I feel Ironwood's stuff would better match Jack's arsenal in a fight.

I'd choose Takahata101 to be Cell. He's proven his capability to voice love to hate smooth-talking assholes, e.g. Cell and Alucard, and Cell's official VA also voices Handsome Jack, so that'd be a nice bit of symmetry.

Ilia Amitola vs Neeko (League of Legends)

Socially insecure Human/Chameleon hybrids who are part of a species of animal/human hybrids (Faunus and Vastaya) that exist because the gods thought animal/human hybrids would be cool, but since lead a sizable part of the population of humans to hate them for existing. They also had a semi-lesbian relationship with an attractive cat-human hybrid (Blake and Nidalee) but were separated due to ideological differences (Blake abandoned the white fang because she didnt agree with their violent methods, while ilia split from nidalee for the same reason).

Ilia Amitola vs Neeko (League of Legends)

Socially insecure Human/Chameleon hybrids who are part of a species of animal/human hybrids (Faunus and Vastaya) that exist because the gods thought animal/human hybrids would be cool, but since lead a sizable part of the population of humans to hate them for existing. They also had a semi-lesbian relationship with an attractive cat-human hybrid (Blake and Nidalee) but were separated due to ideological differences (Blake abandoned the white fang because she didnt agree with their violent methods, while ilia split from nidalee for the same reason).
Is this seriously how I found out that the Faunus were invented because the RWBY gods are furries.

THE

EIGHTEEN MINUTE LONG BRANDON YATES TRACK

im gonna have to make yukari vs altair like 20 minutes long if i wanna keep up, huh

HOLY SHIT, Kirby fan outclassed the SW v KH track in track length, insane.

IIRC it's $300 for a 3 minute track and $50 for every minute after, so this would've cost $1050. In awe of the kind of person who has that kind of money to throw around on VS matches.
It actually would've cost 1,130, because this looks like the "all out" track art.

HOLY SHIT, Kirby fan outclassed the SW v KH track in track length, insane.

It actually would've cost 1,130, because this looks like the "all out" track art.
This is technically a 17:55 length music.
So if you call that all out cover... US$1080 that would be.
(300 + (17-3) X 50 + 80)
Assume no discount

Apparently the commissioner won a fortune somewhere some time ago but is less talented and/or idle at music composing

Last edited:

Hey pals look it is a magical girl versus a shrine maiden.

Connections:
  • Both are magical girl protagonists that have an important task to defend their homelands from threats that plagues them (Mitakihara and Gensokyo).
  • They also have long range fighting styles and weaponry (Madoka’s bow and magic arrows, and Reimu’s Danmaku).
  • They also have access to godly/divine powers (Goddess Madoka and ascending godhood while Reimu summoning gods to defeat gods).
  • Both are shown with a good sense of empathy, and wants to seek happiness and an identity.
  • Both fight and hunt down specific creatures that were made of human emotions (Witches and Youkais).
  • They both are able to disable beings who have an evil aura surrounding them (Madoka was able to purify soul gems of Magical girls becoming witches and gave them a happier death while Reimu with her Ofudas works on Youkai who have an evil aura).
  • Both have crystal like substances that are spiritual in nature that they use as their primary weapon (Madoka’s soul gem which is the soul of a human, and to gain powers from her soul gem, and Reimu’s Yin Yang Orbs is made out of a type of crystal that have spiritual powers).
  • They both had their livelihood affected by supernatural forces (Madoka getting surrounded by a Witch’s labyrinth before being saved by Mami and the Red Mist surrounding Reimu’s home).
  • Both also had/found a creature they relied at one point (Kyubey and Genji).
  • They're also known-full of multiple concepts of fabric of reality itself with contrasting personalities, and also have a way to go far and beyond of most of their peers.
I want one other magical girl in red and white against this magical girl in red and white.

Hey pals look it is a magical girl versus a shrine maiden.

Connections:
  • Both are magical girl protagonists that have an important task to defend their homelands from threats that plagues them (Mitakihara and Gensokyo).
  • They also have long range fighting styles and weaponry (Madoka’s bow and magic arrows, and Reimu’s Danmaku).
  • They also have access to godly/divine powers (Goddess Madoka and ascending godhood while Reimu summoning gods to defeat gods).
  • Both are shown with a good sense of empathy, and wants to seek happiness and an identity.
  • Both fight and hunt down specific creatures that were made of human emotions (Witches and Youkais).
  • They both are able to disable beings who have an evil aura surrounding them (Madoka was able to purify soul gems of Magical girls becoming witches and gave them a happier death while Reimu with her Ofudas works on Youkai who have an evil aura).
  • Both have crystal like substances that are spiritual in nature that they use as their primary weapon (Madoka’s soul gem which is the soul of a human, and to gain powers from her soul gem, and Reimu’s Yin Yang Orbs is made out of a type of crystal that have spiritual powers).
  • They both had their livelihood affected by supernatural forces (Madoka getting surrounded by a Witch’s labyrinth before being saved by Mami and the Red Mist surrounding Reimu’s home).
  • They're also known-full of multiple concepts of fabric of reality itself with contrasting personalities, and also have a way to go far and beyond of most of their peers.
I want one other magical girl in red and white against this magical girl in red and white.
pretty Sure @Kirbonic_Pikmin or whoever debunked the connections or whatever

Oh yeah, I don't like Madoka vs Reimu if that wasn't obvious. at this point Though my initial issue was how Reimu isn't a magical girl.

1. Already covered this, Reimu isn't a magical girl.
2. Sure?
3. Also fine.
4. Reimu is very infamously not empathetic, in fact, her entire personality varies wildly depending on what perspective each separate manga is written from. She's kind of an asshole most of the time.
5. Youkai aren't really made of human emotions, they just rely on them.
6. No. Youkai don't have an "evil aura". They have an aura, but even then youkai aren't like. embodiments of evil. They can embody quite literally anything, from things as mundane as guarding a temple to just being loud as ****.
7. If the Yin-Yang Orb is made out of crystal then this is the first I'm hearing about it. It's also not really her primary weapon in Windows era material, she moreso relies on sealing needles and ofuda.
8. Fine.
9. Fine.
10. I'm not even sure what this one is trying to say...

So really this boils down to "girls with magical and god-related powers who fight supernatural beings and used animals at one point", in which case I can find at least a good handful of Marvel/DC heralds that can fit those criteria just fine. At least with Sailor Mars vs Reimu, they're both red shrine maidens, that alone makes it more thematic. Even Sakura vs Reimu has most of the same basic stuff as Madoka vs Reimu in addition to a more central connection of 'fights with cards' even though spell cards were never intended to be literal cards but that's beside the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back