• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's drillin time!
images

My totally original setup for Kyle vs Simon.

It is nighttime around a quiet city street as Simon is seen casually walking by. But the Team Dai-Gurren leader’s momentum is quickly halted when he becomes trapped in a mysterious green bubble.

Simon: Huh...?

A voice catches his attention and levitating down before his very eyes is the ring-bearing galactic protector known as Kyle Rayner.

Kyle: Hello! White Lantern, best-looking guardian of Sector 2814, at your service.

Simon: I can give you ten good reasons right now to let me go!

Kyle: Sorry man, seems you're carrying a Class A galactic superweapon.

Kyle then releases Simon from his bubble.

Kyle Rayner: I'll just take this.

A solid white construct in the shape of an open hand beams out of Kyle’s Power ring. But as the Sector 2814 Guardian grabs Simon’s Core Drill, it releases a pulse blast which knocks Kyle into a nearby building.

Kyle: Okay, that's interesting.

Simon: You're not the first doofus to try and take this! It's drillin time!
I have smelled the rigged DC W again. Anyway, I hope that Simon would win this.

What even is the context of the ******* Snowflake lol. How does it scale to the DC Cosmology in any way?
I dunno lol it might even be BS, but all they need is proof of DC having confirmation of more higher dimensions than GL, and then scale Kyle to that because he probably fought someone who threatened all of DC this one time.

The fact that one researcher mentioned the snowflake in Discord and specified that DC would never lose again if it was used just makes me accept it will be used one day. A secret weapon of sorts.

I dunno lol it might even be BS, but all they need is proof of DC having confirmation of more higher dimensions than GL, and then scale Kyle to that because he probably fought someone who threatened all of DC this one time.

The fact that one researcher mentioned the snowflake in Discord and specified that DC would never lose again if it was used just makes me accept it will be used one day. A secret weapon of sorts.
"If it was used" implies it isn't and won't be.

Now that I've actually watched Gurren Lagaan and can consider it my favorite anime now, I'm a lot more invested in Simon taking the win than just "Lol DC L"
This was my exact progression as well. I went from liking the MU because of its connections and the vibe of the two characters to rooting for Simon to pierce the DC heavens. It feels so fitting for a guy like Simon to shatter all expectations and defeat an unbeatable foe.

Now that I've actually watched Gurren Lagaan and can consider it my favorite anime now, I'm a lot more invested in Simon taking the win than just "Lol DC L"
This was my exact progression as well. I went from liking the MU because of its connections and the vibe of the two characters to rooting for Simon to pierce the DC heavens. It feels so fitting for a guy like Simon to shatter all expectations and defeat an unbeatable foe.
It's weirdly the opposite for me

I've seen Gurren Lagann several years ago and only read Kyle Rayner several months back, and initially I was rooting Simon so for the DC L, but I gotta say... I kinda want Kyle to win because I just like him more.

I do think Simon will break through the impossible and get the win tho

The fact that one researcher mentioned the snowflake in Discord and specified that DC would never lose again if it was used just makes me accept it will be used one day.
Composited Sun Wukong would show that big dimension number means nothing. Also, I reject the snowflake thing
Great.

It's weirdly the opposite for me

I've seen Gurren Lagann several years ago and only read Kyle Rayner several months back, and initially I was rooting Simon so for the DC L, but I gotta say... I kinda want Kyle to win because I just like him more.

Man, Kyle loses no matter what happens. He either has to kill his favorite anime character or be killed by his favorite anime character.

Atleast with Shadow vs Ryuko, Shadow technically isn't canonically a fan of Kill la Kill, but Kyle's straight up recreated the Gurren Lagann mech with his constructs, he definitely loves the show.

What even is the context of the ******* Snowflake lol. How does it scale to the DC Cosmology in any way?
Screw snowflakes, bring up the marvel omniverse and DC omniverse chart.
We have had Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna. We are ready to accept Rooster Teeth acknowledge dimension scaling a thing. Which they still may not. And when they do, they brush them off with other hax and strength feats.

And watch the crew members ignore what they just accepted and redefine their version of dimension scaling.

IIRC it's $300 for a 3 minute track and $50 for every minute after, so this would've cost $1050. In awe of the kind of person who has that kind of money to throw around on VS matches.
They did say that it took like a year for the commission to go through, in all that time, they probably made that thousand back no problem.

Also, track art is an additional 30 to 50, so it is more close to $1100. I'm surprised nobody's skimped out on the track art, though I guess if you're already playing around with hundreds of dollars, a few tens is trivial to part with.

We have had Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna. We are ready to accept Rooster Teeth acknowledge dimension scaling a thing. Which they still may not. And when they do, they brush them off with other hax and strength feats.
Actually, I feel that Death Battle team is intentionally avoiding the dimension scaling. HercWukong is somewhat connected to dimension scaling. VegetaThor is somewhat connected to dimension scaling. WandaRiggedtanna is somewhat connected to dimension scaling.

I'd like to make a BatHuan-Jen if I had the money. It is satisfying to see that a DC character loses to a non-Marvel character.

That only applies to here, outside of VS wiki it's different (per usual 🙄)
Why would any of the characters scale to the Town level explosions, The final titan (Which is supposedly the the strongest of all of them got one shot by Armin's Colossal Titan detonating on top of it. Reiner only makes it to 73 tons of TnT from being partially hit by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back