• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam doesn't buy Universal DMC, but thinks 1500x FTL JoJo is a lowball.

Why does he keep setting himself up like this, I'm almost convinced this is satire.
Don't recall him saying that so I need proof
He didn't say on leddit given I just checked there
He did say just because he didn't buy UNI DMC doesn't mean the other reseachers don't as well

Don't recall him saying that so I need proof
He didn't say on leddit given I just checked there
He did say just because he didn't buy UNI DMC doesn't mean the other reseachers don't as well
Lowball thing was probably just something getting exaggerated, I checked keywords on google and came up with nothing, so that's my bad. Still a ridiculous calc even for an FTL JoJo believer.

My post was just about Liam's opinions, not the other researchers, so I didn't think it was relevant to mention.
Geese vs Heihachi continues to be relevant.
I only came on here around Season 9, what's the history behind that?

Lowball thing was probably just something getting exaggerated, I checked keywords on google and came up with nothing, so that's my bad. Still a ridiculous calc even for an FTL JoJo believer.

My post was just about Liam's opinions, not the other researchers, so I didn't think it was relevant to mention.

I only came on here around Season 9, what's the history behind that?

Will Sakuya Izayoi reignite the streak in defeating Hit?

Besides they're 8 other researchers, if he doesn't buy that it doesn't mean the others won't.
Also, minds may change. Liam said 3 days ago he was not agreeing to the statement that "Liam buys Uni DMC and Vergil now scales to Dante".
This could mean Dante is not universe level, or just Vergil does not scale from EOS Dante.
We may listen to the cast to see what argument he actually has.
Or he just skimmed through the G1 blog but was too busy to also skim through the VBW explanation blogs.

Oh there are just multiple proof DMC god tier is universal, when there are claims manga DMC and MMOG DMC POC is supporting 9-D Dante. Even if they do not buy dimension scaling at DMC POC, that should still warrant 9 universe level Dante.

Or they could just say GOW just has a bigger universe than DMC has (by "borrowing" Hercules vs Sun Wukong) so Kratos still wins.

And that Dissidia Sephiroth is multi universe level so Sephiroth still wins.

Last edited:
Will Sakuya Izayoi reignite the streak in defeating Hit?

Also, minds may change. Liam said 3 days ago he was not agreeing to the statement that "Liam buys Uni DMC and Vergil now scales to Dante".
This could mean Dante is not universe level, or just Vergil does not scale from EOS Dante.
We may listen to the cast to see what argument he actually has.
Or he just skimmed through the G1 blog but was too busy to also skim through the VBW explanation blogs.

Oh there are just multiple proof DMC god tier is universal, when there are claims manga DMC and MMOG DMC POC is supporting 9-D Dante. Even if they do not buy dimension scaling at DMC POC, that should still warrant 9 universe level Dante.

Or they could just say GOW just has a bigger universe than DMC has (by "borrowing" Hercules vs Sun Wukong) so Kratos still wins.

And that Dissidia Sephiroth is multi universe level so Sephiroth still wins.
Pretty sure Sakuya vs Hit and Omnimon vs Gogeta are the last major chances of a non-comics loss for Dragon Ball. Unless they decide to do Goku vs Seiya, then that's a definite Dragon Ball L lol.

Otherwise unless they composite Megatron, Frieza's taking that. Unless they don't use Bardock's movie feats, he's beating Omni-Man. Gohan's gonna disembowel Invincible. Unless they suddenly buy 2C or 2B Sonic (which I wish they did), Trunks is gonna beat Silver and Piccolo would beat Knuckles (though Piccolo is likely being fed to MM).

Otherwise unless they composite Megatron, Frieza's taking that. Unless they don't use Bardock's movie feats, he's beating Omni-Man. Gohan's gonna disembowel Invincible. Unless they suddenly buy 2C or 2B Sonic (which I wish they did), Trunks is gonna beat Silver and Piccolo would beat Knuckles (though Piccolo is likely being fed to MM).
I'm really hoping that Gohan isn't the one to fight Invincible. It'd be far too immersion breaking to me to watch Gohan rise through his forms only for Invincible to somehow still keep up in his base. Other stomp fights were either base to base or at least had similar escalating transformations, or the winner's base form was so far above the loser's that the loser transforming didn't matter. Invincible vs Gohan has none of that going for it.

I'm really hoping that Gohan isn't the one to fight Invincible. It'd be far too immersion breaking to me to watch Gohan rise through his forms only for Invincible to somehow still keep up in his base. Other stomp fights were either base to base or at least had similar escalating transformations, or the winner's base form was so far above the loser's that the loser transforming didn't matter. Invincible vs Gohan has none of that going for it.
Say that to any other stompy yet requested matchups.

Oh anyone already got feedback from Therewolf Media early?

Speaking of jammed music, Galactic Commanders surprisingly jam well with Hot Chop Justice - it could be just me but yeah.

Last edited:
Idk, I'm generally a fan of remix tracks, kind of feels like a mix/homage to both franchises in a way, and especially when that franchise is known for good music, not having specific iconic tracks remixed can feel like a bit of a missed opportunity.
Yeah, but that new track is a bit much. Wally vs Sonic sampled Live n Learn which was great, but it is its own thing. Goku vs Sonic is kinda just mashup of ToP intro & His World. Its good but I think if it was more of its own being it'd stand out more.

Yeah, but that new track is a bit much. Wally vs Sonic sampled Live n Learn which was great, but it is its own thing. Goku vs Sonic is kinda just mashup of ToP intro & His World. Its good but I think if it was more of its own being it'd stand out more.
Well to be fair, Wally v Sonic needed to be a bit more original cause Flash doesn't really have a specifically iconic theme, so they just had to make something that would fit in line with him, and sampled Sonic's theme. Goku has a handful of tracks that are associated with him at least, so it mashed those & a couple Sonic tracks together.

Idk, I like track mashups myself.

It'd make the post analysis when they have to talk about how even base Gohan clears Mark super hard feel even weirder. I also really would rather not watch Mark get absolutely shitstomped by the guy who called Buu a slur then immediately got his ass whooped but Mark loses literally all of his MUs unfortunately.

Well to be fair, Wally v Sonic needed to be a bit more original cause Flash doesn't really have a specifically iconic theme, so they just had to make something that would fit in line with him, and sampled Sonic's theme. Goku has a handful of tracks that are associated with him at least, so it mashed those & a couple Sonic tracks together.

Idk, I like track mashups myself.
Not that mashups are bad, but if it were for real DBs, I'd prefer more original tracks. I find those much more impressive, if they can get the vibes of series while being original. DB music has been really good in this front.

Ofc, this is a commission so someone prolly wanted that mashup and asked a mashup direction :V

It'd make the post analysis when they have to talk about how even base Gohan clears Mark super hard feel even weirder. I also really would rather not watch Mark get absolutely shitstomped by the guy who called Buu a slur then immediately got his ass whooped but Mark loses literally all of his MUs unfortunately.
Looked through it and damn, yeah. It's either Gohan, the Marvel/DC slaughterhouse, or Steven.

The thing I'm most looking forward to if they do Frieza vs Megatron is that we'll finally get to hear LittleKuriboh's Frieza on DB. It's been a very long time coming.

I hope when Megatron vs Frieza happens they somehow squeeze in a "more than meets the eyes"
It'd be perfect if Megatron said it to Frieza when he transforms for the first time, and Frieza just responds "Huh, that's a new one". Double reference to Transformers and the counting heroic speeches gag from TFS. Well, villainous speeches in this case.

So basically buys G1 bullshit for granted, even though thats been debunked, is he aware their verdicts are trash mainly? Let alone research, let alone their "debunk" is missing context and such
More like Liam for whatever reason is asked to make up island level Dante and he needs to cherrypick some third party sources to "support" such.

Fear not. Last time they "want" to reconcile no universe level Dracula and universe level Dracula, and they somehow succeeded.

Remember how Sasuke is moon level "only" just for Madara to jump to far higher?

Maybe universe level or even 9-D Devil May Cry will be accepted some day later. Just not now.

Yeah it's a good track but kinda wanted to feel like a classic
I blame the length
There not buying that
Uni is more in play but there not buying the 9D crap

even 9-D Devil May Cry will be accepted some day later. Just not now.
Don't count on it

I did list several reasons why other stomp matchups were fine to me, but if they have the same problems as Gohan vs Invincible, then sure, I'll say that to them as well.
Pretty much lol
This really
Invincible is the definition of a brick he has literally nothing to play off Gohan in a animation
No transformations
No signature moves

Like wat does Invincible have to play off the following
Ssj>Ultimate>Blanco

Yeah it's a good track but kinda wanted to feel like a classic
I blame the length
Wait for the real Death Battle (should there be one)

Uni is more in play but there not buying the 9D crap
We shall wait.

This really
Invincible is the definition of a brick he has literally nothing to play off Gohan in a animation
No transformations
No signature moves

Like wat does Invincible have to play off the following
Ssj>Ultimate>Blanco
Now it comes to the question: who else Invincible can fight against? Superboy?

(Wait. Battle Beast vs Boros actually suffers a similar problem)

Atom Eve is more interesting and she has Gwen Tennyson already.

To add on Nolan vs Bardock works cause it's basically base to base for the most part with if you give Ssj to Bardock can work midway/climax

Nolan vs Homelander worked cause it portrayed to be a squash Mu from the start
Really. Omni-Man vs Homelander is meant to be a spite matchup. And Omni-Man vs Bardock works as father battles but both fight in base for most of the time.

Off topic: is it a problem Image Comics do not have many characters having super forms? Like the case for Spawn is a rarity.

Wait for the real Death Battle (should there be one
No on that one

Superboy is also an option for Gohan
Invincible doesn't have any good MU outside Sam Nova
Off topic: is it a problem Image Comics do not have many characters having super forms? Like the case for Spawn is a rarity.
It not depending on the MU

(Wait. Battle Beast vs Boros actually suffers a similar problem)
Mark does have Steven, which actually has solid connections and is way closer than all his other MUs.

Battle Beast and Boros are on similar tiers after Boros transforms, so it’s not too unbelievable to have Battle Beast dominate most of the early fight before Boros evens the playing field with his transformation.

Last edited:
09lv1jtkgh591.jpg

Had seen it floating around, on social media groups

Connections i found those given for it:

-Both are incredibly skilled and deadly female assassins from critically acclaimed anime/manga series who, through various circumstances, ended up taking the role of a domestic house worker, trying (and failing) to keep their identities and brutal professions a secret from their loved ones.

-Both adopt rather amicable, soft-spoken and caring (if not slightly cumbersome) demeanors around their peers, contrast to their ruthless and almost mechanical personas when acting out their expertise in murder.

-Both were thrusted into their current occupations (as a housewife and a maid, respectively) as a means to their own ends (so Yor could continue her job as a contract killer and not get accused of being a spy, and for Roberta to escape her seemingly never-ending conflict as a soldier) but came to truly commit and value their new roles, growing especially close with a young child (Anya and Garcia) who learns of their bloodstained pasts but still loves them for who they are. Both are noted to also be rather unskilled in their duties (both being notoriously bad cooks) but nonetheless stick to them and take it upon themselves to treat them seriously.

-Their bloodstained reputation amongst their fields of work earned them specific monikers related to their fighting styles/methods of killing (Thorn Princess and The Bloodhound). They're also noted to be unusually strong within their own verses despite being otherwise regular humans.

Mark does have Steven, which actually has solid connections and is way closer than all his other MUs.
Yes but that MU ass and Steven doesn't need to come back
09lv1jtkgh591.jpg

Had seen it floating around, on social media groups

Connections i found those given for it:

-Both are incredibly skilled and deadly female assassins from critically acclaimed anime/manga series who, through various circumstances, ended up taking the role of a domestic house worker, trying (and failing) to keep their identities and brutal professions a secret from their loved ones.

-Both adopt rather amicable, soft-spoken and caring (if not slightly cumbersome) demeanors around their peers, contrast to their ruthless and almost mechanical personas when acting out their expertise in murder.

-Both were thrusted into their current occupations (as a housewife and a maid, respectively) as a means to their own ends (so Yor could continue her job as a contract killer and not get accused of being a spy, and for Roberta to escape her seemingly never-ending conflict as a soldier) but came to truly commit and value their new roles, growing especially close with a young child (Anya and Garcia) who learns of their bloodstained pasts but still loves them for who they are. Both are noted to also be rather unskilled in their duties (both being notoriously bad cooks) but nonetheless stick to them and take it upon themselves to treat them seriously.

-Their bloodstained reputation amongst their fields of work earned them specific monikers related to their fighting styles/methods of killing (Thorn Princess and The Bloodhound). They're also noted to be unusually strong within their own verses despite being otherwise regular humans.
Not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back