• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'know what? Heracles vs Sun Wukong is boring, how about a whole mythological/folklore heroes battle royale?
unknown.png
Another good one would be usurper from mythology battle royal.

You liked ego death that much?
Compared to every other song this year? Absolutely, it gets much better after the first minute
But why tho?
I just don't like VS Songs with lyrics, in this case I don't like how Brandon sung them. To me it feels like it's literally just Tom Tom but worse, I like the bits without lyrics though, if the song was just the instrumental it would be above Spellaholics and maybe MLR

I keep hearing about how this MU is extremely fair, apparently Herc gets one trevegintillion C lol, its basically Hax vs Stats
I'm curious which works DB Team would use for this Greek god and which works DB Team would use for Son Goku. The stat DB Team buys is unknown. I heard that (yeah it's them) non-English DB fanbase thought 1) it would be hard to determine their stats; 2) DB Team may not understand JttW much.
Was referring to the next mu as a meme
Yeah, the next fight is something I never expected to happen and it happened.
So, might be putting my eggs in one basket too soon, but I’m putting my bets on wukong due to 7-12x immortality
What's "7-12x" immortality?

Actually, I have seen 4chan people says that RT may fear that Sun Wukong L would cause nationalism backlash. I do hope the result is NOT based such fear.

I'm curious which works DB Team would use for this Greek god and which works DB Team would use for Son Goku. The stat DB Team buys is unknown. I heard that (yeah it's them) non-English DB fanbase thought 1) it would be hard to determine their stats; 2) DB Team may not understand JttW much.

Yeah, the next fight is something I never expected to happen and it happened.

What's "7-12x" immortality?
Wukong became immortal 7 times

I'm glad that they have put 1964 films and 1986 television series in "For Fun". 1964 films have made Monkey King a propaganda. 1986 television series has contributed to the famous (at least in mainland China) songs and music style.

And... Dragon Ball? lol

Well, that's probably my favorite fight of the season so far! I really liked the fight, the character work was pretty damn good, I liked how the fight seemed rather close in animation, and the analysis segments for both were incredible. Fight track was awesome too.

HOLY SHIT WHAT??? This is probably the most I've looked forward to a match all season, this is so ******* out of left field but I'm looking forward to it. Give me more matches like this. I wonder what animation style it'll be in...

Would this episode technically be a Goku W?
The fact that this is Goku vs Superman again but with a likely different outcome is very funny.

Well, that's probably my favorite fight of the season so far! I really liked the fight, the character work was pretty damn good, I liked how the fight seemed rather close in animation, and the analysis segments for both were incredible. Fight track was awesome too.

HOLY SHIT WHAT??? This is probably the most I've looked forward to a match all season, this is so ******* out of left field but I'm looking forward to it. Give me more matches like this. I wonder what animation style it'll be in...

The fact that this is Goku vs Superman again but with a likely different outcome is very funny.
May I ask: Does the comparison lists come back here?

And how the not Magneton vs not Mewtwo compare in stats and hax walls and skill sets.

Next time is likely in sprites or American cartoon style hand drawn.

Yeah... I wonder if this is the point: a desperate attempt to find one Goku that wins over the Superman counterpart.

Good thing this also tests out how good book verses and real world mythologies are perceived by the audience.

Yeah... I wonder if this is the point: a desperate attempt to find one Goku that wins over the Superman counterpart.

Good thing this also tests out how good book verses and real world mythologies are perceived by the audience.
I would better accept sprites or live-action because American cartoon style may trigger something extreme.

As I already said, there is fan translation of Death Battle in the region where JttW would be focused on.

May I ask: Does the comparison lists come back here?

And how the not Magneton vs not Mewtwo compare in stats and hax walls and skill sets.

The comparison list comes back, yes. It's pretty detailed this time too, makes the fight out to be relatively close in some ways.

I would better accept sprites or live-action because American cartoon style may trigger something extreme.

As I already said, there is fan translation of Death Battle in the region where JttW would be focused on.
Understandable as I know Chinese and I notice some uploaders do love posting Death Battle materials. Sometimes even the commissioned music.

The crew are making a well-educated gamble. See what the outcome goes.

Wukong is the OG wuxia character so I can see Heracles getting clapped
Not exactly wuxia. Rather, novel that messes with "sanwa" in Cantonese or "shenhua" in Mandarin (the Chinese words for "mythology" or "myths").

And to add, Hercules was not even a full god - he just lived among the gods in Mount Olympus. But Sun Wukong was eventually becoming one real fxxking buddha. Equal among the Buddhism deities. Oh Wukong was wreaking havoc so hard low deities found him annoying or even dangerous and it usually takes the big Gautama Buddha to take him down for good.

Even a sealed Wukong would handily destroy Hercules. Not to mention pre-buddha "Saint Equal to Heaven" Wukong and the Battle Buddha form Wukong.

Last edited:
Understandable as I know Chinese and I notice some uploaders do love posting Death Battle materials. Sometimes even the commissioned music.

The crew are making a well-educated gamble. See what the outcome goes.

Not exactly wuxia. Rather, novel that messes with "sanwa" in Cantonese or "shenhua" in Mandarin (the Chinese words for "mythology" or "myths").

And to add, Hercules was not even a full god - he just lived among the gods in Mount Olympus. But Sun Wukong was eventually becoming one real fxxking buddha. Equal among the Buddhism deities. Oh Wukong was wreaking havoc so hard low deities found him annoying or even dangerous and it usually takes the big Gautama Buddha to take him down for good.

Even a sealed Wukong would handily destroy Hercules. Not to mention pre-buddha "Saint Equal to Heaven" Wukong and the Battle Buddha form Wukong.
While I am a Sun Wukong fan and bets on Sun Wukong, I'd like to see the stats and abilities given to Hercules and Sun Wukong because the canon of their works is really confusing, especially Hercules.

Another thing is that the adoption version Death Battle shown in "Next Time" is Monkey King: Hero Is Back, a 2015 animated film. I'm somewhat not interested in making a profile for the film though.

Omnimon vs whom beside Gogeta
nobody really
its Gogeta or Bust
Vegito? (That's Gogeta but worse)
Omni-Man? What a massive stomp (And Omni-Man has just had Homelander and has Bardock still waiting)

Mine is:

1. Princes of Pride
2. Diabolical Invincible Me
3. Breathless Blades
4. Ego Death
5. Spellaholics Synonymous
6. Mad Laugh Riot
My turn:

1. Princes of Pride
2. Breathless Blades
3. Ego Death
4. Diabolical Invincible Me
5. Spellaholics Synonymous
6. Mad Laugh Riot

Can't gogeta do the same moves as vegito?
I mean, theoretically maybe, but he’s never shown it. On the other hand, gogeta can last more then 5 minutes
they can do some of the same moves(basically anything Goku and Vegeta can do), some similar moves(big bang and final kamehameha, forgot which fusion does which move), and have their own signature move(the beam sword and stardust breaker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back