• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 mln views in 24h at least
fo2e857lp5881.jpg
What do you mean?

Stompiness is unavoidable in vs. Characters have differences, and sometimes those differences are big.

That Tetsuo expy in Marvel didnt look as strong as Tetsuo, tho Mags vs Tetsuo is the same ol "pick a feat winner" match. They can do shenanigans and have Uni Tetsuo win against non-uni Mags, but no matter what feats are given, someone will stomp in one direction or another.

Stompiness is unavoidable in vs. Characters have differences, and sometimes those differences are big.

That Tetsuo expy in Marvel didnt look as strong as Tetsuo, tho Mags vs Tetsuo is the same ol "pick a feat winner" match. They can do shenanigans and have Uni Tetsuo win against non-uni Mags, but no matter what feats are given, someone will stomp in one direction or another.
Mostly. Esp. Death Battle crew would rather pick characters by big thematic connections rather than similar powers.

Imagine if DB did Rimuru vs Anos or Giorno vs Kumagawa 💀
Rimuru and Anos are popular enough in Japan.
Wonder if Death Battle crew members know Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken and Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha and other Japanese ACGN enough. There are a lot of popular ACGN works and these could draw views for Death Battle.

I can settle for Giorno vs Kumagawa or even Giorno vs Kamijou Touma. Not sure about who else Ren Amamiya is fighting against. KH Sora? "The World Ends with You" protagonist? Or the Astral Chain cop protagonist? Bayonetta? Or Tuxedo Mask?

Imagine if after all this, they skim over both Asura and Jiren and pick Red Hulk to fight Atrocitus.
cringe.gif

While you could argue feeding more non-comics characters to DC slaughterhouse is bad... Red Hulk vs Atrocitus is such a lame matchup I think I might take them over Red Hulk.
its such an ass MU just a generic Marvel vs DC MU

Jiren and Asura have more in common with Atrocitus than Red Hulk and would do better numbers

While you could argue feeding more non-comics characters to DC slaughterhouse is bad... Red Hulk vs Atrocitus is such a lame matchup I think I might take them over Red Hulk.
Sometimes we just have a character so powerful yet so unique, we cannot pit a character against them without losing close connections or big thematic connections.

And when we find characters that can challenge DC powerhouses some of us may rather want them stomp against other characters.

Okay we know DC has powerhouses who are destined to sweep or be not shown in Death Battle. Atrocitus and Martian Manhunter are some of them.

Just wait until we get Iron Tager vs Red Hulk
Finally some episodes where some Hulk can finally win(?)

I totally smell a live action Death Battle episode coming soon.

Jason vs michael could be great for that, in case they dont do it live action, both have 3D models good enough for such (friday the 13th game, dead by daylight) also great sprites (the terrordrome horror fighting game)
Yes. And some live action death battle episode not Marvel vs DC.

And nah no sprite. Not even hand drawn. Must be 3D or live action.

Iirc they said it for that reason, Tipper sent screenshots of them saying that
If they didn't tho, then cool, Ky vs Jin is a decent MU and it's good that it has chances of happening, plus Ky W is always based
Ye probably some BS

Really wonder how they view Franky vs Peridot. (Given how Steven Universe vs Star Butterfly is doing... mediocre...)

Its just a commission MU

Welp, it looks like Cell is basically confirmed for the movie, and might apparently be getting a new form, even. :ROFLMAO: Y'all know what that means. Bugman is about to get buffed, and steamroll all his popular MUs other than Doomsday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back