• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, this season's been so good. People are gonna shit so hard on the first mid or slightly above average episode we get.
yeah thats true
We've already been ******** on this season for spamming Marvel mus, but yeah the only bad episode so far has been Wanda vs Zee
wouldn't say its bad just around an Average-Decent tier of an episode
OST's have been slapping so far to
eh WanDanna Track was Mid frankly
the rest was solid

My thoughts
  • VA for both are solid(Tetsuo VA could do a Good Yusuke Impression)
  • Set up fine though they would go with Magneto inviting Tets into the Brotherhood
  • Tetsuo sprite is solid funny enough though a bit slight jank at the end
  • action so far is nothing special but looks well enough
  • track sounds very good 90s Xmen Arcade mixed in with Akira ost tracks
overall fine preview hopefully things get more intresting when Tetsuo regrows his arm
Similar feelings.

And yes Tets will regrow his arm. Having giant mutated arms are a kind of characteristics of fighting styles of Tetsuo.

It sucks when the characters you want to see fight in death battle are somewhat obscure and thus are unlikely to appear for awhile. That's life though, however I've got about at least 4 characters I'm looking forward to seeing in death battle.
What's worse? You think the verses are popular enough (at least in your region), but the crew thought of them as WHO members. And sometimes get banged back with other verses and characters.

It sucks when the characters you want to see fight in death battle are somewhat obscure and thus are unlikely to appear for awhile. That's life though, however I've got about at least 4 characters I'm looking forward to seeing in death battle.
it pains me a lot to know that some verses will really lose the opportunity to show off by blaming that their verses are too obscure for the casual-

And the thing the crew probably wants to do obscure MU and shit but issue is...

Can it do well in views?
Maybe they could write the name in both their English name and their original name in the summary of the video to get more views. The rough example is:

Reimu Hakurei (博麗 霊夢)
What's worse? You think the verses are popular enough (at least in your region), but the crew thought of them as WHO members. And sometimes get banged back with other verses and characters.
First, make a profile page in VS Battles Wiki or/and make a wiki for the subject because I'm sure that DB Team would check VS Battles Wiki for information.

Thing is can you convince Ben or the RT Higher ups that it can do well in views for the bar minimum?
Well... At least do convince them for verses that are actually doing well. Like... Those are not obscure at all. And that the close connections exists and at least one of the verses are not obscure at all.

Like "When I Reincarnated as a Slime" is selling better than Kirby currently in Japan.
Or Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen (and to a lesser extent Chainsaw Man) are doing great in manga sales.
Or Log Horizon or Bofuri are more akin to Sword Art Online (as verses where normal humans play online games operating and training overpowered game avatars) where SAO is doing great and is still known today.
Fate series and Genshin Impact are verses to explore. (They have explored Pokémon quite a little bit and they just introduced League of Legends this season)

Saint Seiya is well-known worldwide. Sailor Moon is well-known worldwide. Puella Magi verse is well-known worldwide.

Oh my, a lot of Japan ACGN works are NOT obscure and should do well in views but people need to convince the crew members and the management and the investors and sponsors.

Last edited:
Well... At least do convince them for verses that are actually doing well. Like... Those are not obscure at all. And that the close connections exists and at least one of the verses are not obscure at all.

Like "When I Reincarnated as a Slime" is selling better than Kirby currently in Japan.
Or Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen (and to a lesser extent Chainsaw Man) are doing great in manga sales.
Or Log Horizon or Bofuri are more akin to Sword Art Online (as verses where normal humans play online games operating and training overpowered game avatars) where SAO is doing great and is still known today.
Fate series and Genshin Impact are verses to explore. (They have explored Pokémon quite a little bit and they just introduced League of Legends this season)

Oh my, a lot of Japan ACGN works are NOT obscure and should do well in views but people need to convince the crew members and the management and the investors and sponsors.
its not just views to take into account
probably how do you sell the MU to the Normies
yeah for us its no biggie
but for show like Death Battle
how well do people know each character
will people watch these characters have a fight
Can we animate these characters in a way that looks good
are there models we can use for these characters
etc etc

Man, i just made another very themathic MU that is also a massive ******* stomp, lol, don't know how i come up with these MUs
unknown.png

Wally West vs Izuku Midoriya (DC vs My Hero Academia)
Connections:
Both grew up idolising superheroes which inspired them to follow in their footsteps (Wally was a huge fan of the Flash and wanted to be his sidekick, while Deku watched videos of All Might which made him want to become a hero). At first it seemed like they wouldn't become superheroes, simply because of their lack of abilities, however they still both managed to get the very same powers of their idols (Wally bathing in the exact same electrified chemicals, which gave Wally speed force and All Might transfered his quirk to Deku, which gave him One for All). Both began as pretty sad individuals, but thanks to receiving these amazing abilities both also began to have a lot more confident in themselves and began to become happier overall. With these powers they also manage to match or even surpass their idols' powers (Wally became the most powerful Speed Force user, surpassing Barry, while Deku can be just as powerful as All Might at 100% of his power). Though despite how amazing their powers are, they had a negative effect on their bodies (While Wally was running, he experienced a crippling pain which he described as "hitting the wall", while Deku's body remained relatively vulnerable to One For All's drawbacks, which gave Izuku a disadvantage against enemies). Both don't really have a great relationship with their fathers (Wally's dad used to tell him that he will never become a hero, while Deku's dad wasn't around much in his childhood). Both are very intelligent (Wally is very good at physics, while Midoriya is usually known for breaking down his opponent's fighting styles and finding ways to defeat them). Both have rivals who they were actually pretty good friends with (Hunter Zolomon and Katsuki Bakugo). Said rivals at first seem like massive assholes but in reality they actually really care about them (Zolomon tries to make Wally a better hero, while Bakugo actually really respects Deku). Eventually later on they both went off on their own to protect people close to them (Wally became the next Flash while Izuku left so that he can defeat All for One on his own so that his friends don’t get attacked).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back