• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest question this season is what franchises there planning on this season?

Tiki comment allured if the season does really well do RT would be more Open to doing more niche franchises

But what franchises would fit there definition of niche ,

It's a finale, a finale gets higher views then a normal episode, that's just how it works
And Popeye vs Saitama did it's job

I get the YouTube algorithm sucks and all, but blaming it for everything is wishful thinking. Season 8 and Season 7 views were decently comparable (unless the episode bombed, was a remake of an old match or niche), the episode only getting half the views of the last finale can't just be chalked up to "bad algorithm", especially when Saitama is one of the most popular characters in vs debating as a whole.
It can't be blame for everything but it can play apart in it
It's the only episode of the season to reach 3.4Mil

Let's be honest people only wanted the care about Popeye movie because we got the emoji movie instead (which is justified that movie was dog shit), in the hypothetical timeline were it did come out it would have probably made a decent profit and then get forgotten about a month late
Who knows if the movie came out and was well done it would've kept itself relevant longer

A sneak peak of it got 22mil views so it's not like it did did ******* numbers

The biggest question this season is what franchises there planning on this season?

Tiki comment allured if the season does really well do RT would be more Open to doing more niche franchises

Do you think they'd count Touhou or Saint Sieye as niche? Like to the average American sure but like would they?

I disagree
I feel it'd be in a simular boat to that Peanuts movie that came out back in 2015, like it did well and people seemed to like it but when was the last time you heard someone talk about it. There's a lot of good animated movies that come out but let's be honest after a few months unless they're some kind of masterpiece or are a meme they get mostly forgotten.

Scotts problem was more he couldn't keep it in his pants, the fight is more better summed up as "20 something **** ups"
Which is partly what makes him pit against Danny Sexbang and Travis Touchdown.

But yeah.

Mordecai vs Scott Pilgrim
IDK Randy vs Ladybug seems to be a decent match, may a Black Dynimite match would be fun, hard to say.
Randy Cunningham vs Ladybug is one. (Just last time I checked Miraculous is a 3D made animation so I wonder if Randy Cunningham vs Ladybug should be called a cartoon vs cartoon episode.)

Ed, Edd n Eddy vs The Animaniacs is unironically godlike
Nice.

Asura (Asura's Wrath) is 3-A currently
Kills Z Broly but gets killed by Super Broly/Hulk/Atrocitus/Kratos
Last two is most likely. But he dies to all of them lol
I wonder if Atrocitus can just kill Super Broly given how fast and how strong DC heralds are.

Atrocitus would beat Broly.

Saitama punches a lot, so ofc you should make him fight a puncher tho I always did imagine Saitama vs Sans DBX

Under-performing seems to have started with Red vs Blue ep, ever since that, eps have generally not been doing that well. That or maybe the MUs just werent interesting, or people are tired of DB and hate it for old shit like Gaara vs Toph still.

Bleach anime is coming back, so why not some Bleach vs Shaman King episode?

Since I dont watch Bleach, I'm almost sickeningly curious on how would fans react if Bleach gets a 3rd L lol
I am more interested in seeing how Bleach is getting only 2 characters in 8 seasons.

Bleach really on its way to be the next Power Rangers, huh...
Power Rangers at least have Jason Lee Scott avenging.

Bleach? Hinata vs Orihime? Sakura vs Rukia?
I doubt Kenpachi can win against Azrael (Blazblue) or Zebra (Toriko) or Augus (Asura's Wrath). Can he even win against Dracule Mihawk (One Piece)?
Yhwach may lose against Hao Asakura or even Kaguya Ōtsutsuki.

I am more interested in seeing how Bleach is getting only 2 characters in 8 seasons.

Power Rangers at least have Jason Lee Scott avenging.

I doubt Kenpachi can win against Azrael (Blazblue) or Zebra (Toriko) or Augus (Asura's Wrath). Can he even win against Dracule Mihawk (One Piece)?
Yhwach may lose against Hao Asakura or even Kaguya Ōtsutsuki.
Zaraki vs Berserker (Fate)
Toshiro vs Usui Horokeu (Shaman King)
Ichigo vs Yoh Asakura (Shaman Kinh)
Ichigo vs Yusuke Urameishi (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Bleach anime is coming back, so why not some Bleach vs Shaman King episode?
Idk if we're getting bleach Rep this season could be possible but IDK
The whole "can't see soul reapers' shit gimped them from alot of MU
Yhwach may lose a
No we don't need anymore Bleach vs Naruto MU
Zaraki vs Berserker (Fate)
Toshiro vs Usui Horokeu (Shaman King)
Ichigo vs Yoh Asakura (Shaman Kinh)
Ichigo vs Yusuke Urameishi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
1.unlikely
2.look above
3.no
4.possible but redundant
What is Atrocitus' best feat anyway?
Can restrain his entity, briefly harmed Krona and killed a guardian

Do you think they'd count Touhou or Saint Sieye as niche? Like to the average American sure but like would they?
Maybe?
They didn't know anything about Saint Seiya other than Hades being a suggestion for Beerus

Touhou could get some leeway given Sakuya vs Dio net 4.6 Mil when OMM was under the channel

Opinion time.

Have you felt that a verse you like has been treated badly in DB, research or presentation wise?
Kinda depends cause honestly nearly key word nearly every verse in DB has moments of being treated like shit in one way or the other

In terms of W/L than who boy I can tell you alot
You know why Madara vs Aizen was in season 8? Except being legacy match-up, RoosterTeeth thought, new Bleach anime would come out in 2021. Now, they are 100% sure, that Bleach is coming out this year.
I know but really boils down to what MU they believe would do well to captilize on the Hype

Makes sense but rather Yusuke fight someone new
Yeah. Like people still welcome Ichigo Kurosaki vs Yusuke Urameshi but Yusuke Urameshi has had Yoh Asakura as his (another) optimal opponent for a Death Battle. Which can be sad as this means peeps need to face one to two more Naruto vs Bleach episodes to watch a Bleach character win.

For the thinking: why people would expect Ichigo Kurosaki will win against Yoh Asakura when people expect Yhwach dies to Hao Asakura (or how many actually think Ichigo dies to Yoh harder than Yhwach dies to Hao)?

You know why Madara vs Aizen was in season 8? Except Aside from being legacy match-up, Rooster Teeth thought a new Bleach anime would come out in 2021. Now, they are 100% sure, that Bleach is coming out this year.
Okay they likely have thought up or even produced a Death Battle episode for this rn.

So... Ichigo Kurosaki vs Yoh Asakura or Yusuke Urameshi may actually be a thing. And may actually be a Death Battle episode in Season 9. And if if Yhwach is pit against Hao Asakura then ("for variety") Ichigo may actually return to fight Yusuke instead of Yoh.

6cc5e964-168f-4001-9b45-62ab2d5e835e

Hype is still being built up around Jinx being the first non-Marvel character to win against a DC character.

Last edited:
Opinion time.

Have you felt that a verse you like has been treated badly in DB, research or presentation wise?
Ehhh, there's characters that I feel that have been treated badly but verses as a whole? Not sure.

I like the Mario and Sonic verses and overall I feel they've been treated decently, but certain characters like Bowser and Shadow (Not counting his third fight) were treated real ******* bad.

Yeah. Like people still welcome Ichigo Kurosaki vs Yusuke Urameshi but Yusuke Urameshi has had Yoh Asakura as his (another) optimal opponent for a Death Battle. Which can be sad as this means peeps need to face one to two more Naruto vs Bleach episodes to watch a Bleach character win.

For the thinking: why people would expect Ichigo Kurosaki will win against Yoh Asakura when people expect Yhwach dies to Hao Asakura (or how many actually think Ichigo dies to Yoh harder than Yhwach dies to Hao)?

Okay they likely have thought up or even produced a Death Battle episode for this rn.

So... Ichigo Kurosaki vs Yoh Asakura or Yusuke Urameshi may actually be a thing. And may actually be a Death Battle episode in Season 9. And if if Yhwach is pit against Hao Asakura then ("for variety") Ichigo may actually return to fight Yusuke instead of Yoh.

6cc5e964-168f-4001-9b45-62ab2d5e835e

Hype is still being built up around Jinx being the first non-Marvel character to win against a DC character.
I will watch arcane if this happens 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back