• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey some folks in the community want so blame them

It's a popular Mu suggestion for both
Tho the Researchers like Raoh vs Garou/Akuma
Honestly I blame vs wiki. It’s my opinion that everyone got there information from these pages but there so horribly outdated that people only see Yujiro as “MA guy” and nothing else. It’s why like and soften towards Akuma vs Yujiro because there’s connections and themes besides the MA. Garou it’s literally just they do MA.

Honestly I blame vs wiki. It’s my opinion that everyone got there information from these pages but there so horribly outdated that people only see Yujiro as “MA guy” and nothing else. It’s why like and soften towards Akuma vs Yujiro because there’s connections and themes besides the MA. Garou it’s literally just they do MA.
It does have some appeal tho I can't lie
datj7wbce6g41.jpg

It's more thematic, fairer, has a lot of potential and would have gotten way more views.
No it's not thematic it's just lol dudes who one shot
The only potential it has is banter fight wise it's just gonna be Saitama trying to hit him
And not it isn't fair Saitama just blitz his ass and one shots him

Arguably but no overall Popeye was a far more fitting opponent for Saitama than sans and Sans has the Judge

Why **** sans from his best for a shitty meme MU

No it's not thematic it's just lol dudes who one shot
They're two bald characters who's name starts with "SA" that are seen by most as inconsequential weirdos but in reality are the strongest members of their respective communities. They for the most part stay out of the affairs of others only intervening usually at the last moment, that doesn't mean they don't care about others just a strong feeling of indifference (caused by Saitama's strength and Sans knowledge of how resets work) makes them not really get involved unless forced to. Also both were extreemly popular in 2015 and the match would be:
The One Punch Man vs The Monster Who'll Die in One Punch
The only potential it has is banter fight wise it's just gonna be Saitama trying to hit him
Saitama struggling to get a single hit off while destroying Sans' bones and looking for an opportunity to get one good hit off while trying to avoid attacks on his soul would be great. It's also stays true to their characters gimmick and to how fans interpret them, in the end of the day one hit or punch will be what decides the fight
And not it isn't fair Saitama just blitz his ass and one shots him
Actually if you try hard enough you can get Undertail to FTL, also teleportation and teleconisis should also be extremely useful
Arguably but no overall Popeye was a far more fitting opponent for Saitama
But why?

They're two bald characters who's name starts with "SA" that are seen by most as inconsequential weirdos but in reality are the strongest members of their respective communities. They for the most part stay out of the affairs of others only intervening usually at the last moment, that doesn't mean they don't care about others just a strong feeling of indifference (caused by Saitama's strength and Sans knowledge of how resets work) makes them not really get involved unless forced to. Also both were extreemly popular in 2015 and the match would be:
These connections are pretty meh to me and where did you get the info about Sans being the strongest monster? Shouldn't that technically be Asriel?

Tbh, I kinda would want Sans to fight the judge, just because having an OFF character would be nice to have. If I could have 3 indie RPG characters I'd have him, Brad, or Wayne, if I get any of those it'd be pretty cool

Yeah Sans is only strong because of his Karma attacks. Knowing DB they would take the name literally and probably say they wouldn’t even effect Saitama since he’s a good person so his souls attacks would still do little damage because he’s the weakest monster.

Speaking of indie verses...
We have 07th Expansion, Type Moon and Shanghai Alice as "the big 3 doujin groups". Two of which get fully established as commercial... groups as group companies.

And we only have 2 DBX matches.

Saitama vs Sans
Good enough as DBX

Really nothing special from what I seen and really meh as ****

Saitama struggling to get a single hit off while destroying Sans' bones and looking for an opportunity to get one good hit off while trying to avoid attacks on his soul would be great. It's also stays true to their characters gimmick and to how fans interpret them, in the end of the
None of this screams Season Finale Tier

Actually if you try hard enough you can get Undertail to FTL, also teleportation and teleconisis should also be extremely useful
Don't see FTL UT being a thing let alone something Sans get to

Because Popeye is far more fun character to play off Saitama as the episode shown
Not to mention Saitama fighting a well known Icon like Popeye is better than wasting him on a meme character

Tbh, I kinda would want Sans to fight the judge, just because having an OFF character would be nice to have. If I could have 3 indie RPG characters I'd have him, Brad, or Wayne, if I get any of those it'd be pretty cool
personally martin from guardian tale can work against brad.... although i see asgore vs. brad happening before anything else.

the best of MU de sans is the judge... and I guess he has good alternatives but saitama is terrible lol... you would only serve him to give a wank to undertale with the "ftl" thing.

Still better then "Is bald and punches".
But they're still some of the most request, and an insane high quality match between them would be fun.
I think I misremembered relativistic to infinite speed, whatever.
Because Popeye is far more fun character to play off Saitama as the episode shown
Not to mention Saitama fighting a well known Icon like Popeye is better than wasting him on a meme character
But no one gives a shit about Popeye.

Both are bald heroes who originate from black and white comics but are more known for their animated appearances. Both are comedic in nature, have extremely powerful punches, are able to effortlessly defeat their enemies upon performing a simple action (becoming serious and eating spinach, respectively), possess ridiculously overpowered strength which is theoretically limitless (Saitama having broken his Limiter and Popeye having Toon Force), and also gained their strength through healthy but mundane practices (Saitama performed an exercise routine every day and Popeye eats a lot of spinach).

I'm not saying these are the deepest connections ever but so aren't the connections for Popeye vs Sans

Not really

But they're still some of the most request, and an insane high quality match between them would be fun
Okay and?
It's not something that's worth a DB thats a DBX/CFC shit

But no one gives a shit about Popeye.
That's absolutely wrong and you know it
Folks wanted Popeye on DB for years and Ben and chad even wanted him on

His best videos get Double digits Millions and many were interested in genndy take on a Popeye film

So to say folks don't care for Popeye is Outright stupid

That's absolutely wrong and you know it
Folks wanted Popeye on DB for years and Ben and chad even wanted him on

His best videos get Double digits Millions and many were interested in genndy take on a Popeye film
Then why did it under perform for a finale, Im not saying Popeye isn't an icon or anything just that clearly the people didn't care about popeye in a verse setting. Also the Genndy movie got canned, people thought it would have been neat but it was cancelled before it even was really a thing.

Then why did it under perform for a finale, Im not saying Popeye isn't an icon or anything just that clearly the people didn't care about popeye in a verse setting. Also the Genndy movie got canned, people thought it would have been neat but it was cancelled before it even was really a thing.
Underperform
It's the most viewed episode of it's season how the **** it underperformed?

That's more of YT shitty algorithm really

It being canceled was more Sony being idiots that thought some emoji movie was a better idea not because no one cares for Popeye

I think Tots is comparing Saitama vs Popeye to other recent finales like Hulk vs Broly and Might Guy vs All-Might

Tot sorta correct. Popeye is an icon, but somebody like Sans or Goku would've pulled bigger numbers for a Saitama finale .I think the episode being very good saved it from underperforming even more. Saitama's popularity carried the episode.

I do think Sans vs Saitama as a finale would've been stupid, but hey, it probably would've done big boy numbers.

However, I wouldn't trade Saitama vs Popeye for anything else. It was a great finale episode. I think Death Battle crew would agree with that.

I think Tots is comparing Saitama vs Popeye to other recent finales like Hulk vs Broly and Might Guy vs All-Might

Tot sorta correct. Popeye is an icon, but somebody like Sans or Goku would've pulled bigger numbers for a Saitama finale .I think the episode being very good saved it from underperforming even more. Saitama's popularity carried the episode.

I do think Sans vs Saitama as a finale would've been stupid, but hey, it probably would've done big boy numbers.

However, I wouldn't trade Saitama vs Popeye for anything else. It was a great finale episode. I think Death Battle crew would agree with that.
Having historic and modern ridiculously strong punchy bald male protagonists in a fight is surely drawing views.

It is more a problem some normies may be walking away from character versus shows as normies notice the versus shows as they have just watched some popular shows (like another Marvel or DC movie and the list just goes on and gets updated) and somehow they are talking about who would actually win in a fight.

Then something is happening in the USA and the audience is turning away from these shows and the media supporting such, leading to a further drop in demand for character versus shows in general.

(Off topic: My desktop gets some weird problem I cannot even do proper calc evaluation and I am luckily busy enough at work)

....Because the entire season was underperforming in general???

im aware if you wanna argue in comparison to the last two Finales but like alot of episodes in S8 in terms of numbers are somewhat low in comparison to previous seasons

Goku obviously so no point bringing him up
Sans is debatable but frankly not a season finale character let alone a MU
Something to add to the underperforming, it’s also probably due to it being an obvious stomp, even to casual fans
i don't buy that otherwise All Might vs Might Guy would've Bombed

I agree that Saitama v Popeye is the better finale but I wouldn't say Sans is a meme character. I genuinely think he's a fantastic character that just happens to be pretty memetic.

Sans v Judge is the better matchup by far tho

Something to add to the underperforming, it’s also probably due to it being an obvious stomp, even to casual fans
tbf I don't think many casual fans had an idea it was an obvious stomp. I met a lot of people that thought "How the **** is Popeye gonna touch Saitama?" just to get blown away when I'd tell them some stuff about him.

tbf I don't think many casual fans had an idea it was an obvious stomp. I met a lot of people that thought "How the **** is Popeye gonna touch Saitama?" just to get blown away when I'd tell them some stuff about him.
I think most people were aware of how broken Popeye was. I only saw two people who watched the fight and called it “bullshit” mostly for the fact they got the impression DB was saying Toon Force could beat anything.

It's the most viewed episode of it's season how the **** it underperformed?
It's a finale, a finale gets higher views then a normal episode, that's just how it works.
That's more of YT shitty algorithm really
I get the YouTube algorithm sucks and all, but blaming it for everything is wishful thinking. Season 8 and Season 7 views were decently comparable (unless the episode bombed, was a remake of an old match or niche), the episode only getting half the views of the last finale can't just be chalked up to "bad algorithm", especially when Saitama is one of the most popular characters in vs debating as a whole.
It being canceled was more Sony being idiots that thought some emoji movie was a better idea not because no one cares for Popeye
Let's be honest people only wanted the care about Popeye movie because we got the emoji movie instead (which is justified that movie was dog shit), in the hypothetical timeline were it did come out it would have probably made a decent profit and then get forgotten about a month later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back