• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marisa vs Lina is probably the closest unless Slayers is unfathomably slow.
Also the Youmu fights are like the exact opposite. She shitstomps Vergil but gets run through by Baiken (though neither of them are ever fighting Youmu).
Well, I'm pretty sure she doesn't touch VSBW's Vergil, but she absolutely bodies DB Vergil lol.

Also huh, I though Baiken lost pretty bad via only relativistic speed and like, planet level durability tops.

Also I recall Slayers not having very high speed, I think it was Massively Hypersonic, which is beaten out by Touhou's most basic speed feats of FTL, and Marisa pretty badly outstatted and outhaxxed

Marisa vs Lina is probably the closest unless Slayers is unfathomably slow.
Also the Youmu fights are like the exact opposite. She shitstomps Vergil but gets run through by Baiken (though neither of them are ever fighting Youmu).
Lina is MHS by our profiles (and even then, only in combat speed) so... Even a massively lowballed Marisa blitzes the **** out of her. You can't realistically place Touhou anywhere below Relativistic, especially with how lenient DB is towards light dodging feats.

Guessing the reason Youmu wins is that DB doesn't buy immeasurable/universal DMC? Interesting, though this also wouldn't bode well for Dante vs Kratos (unless Kratos gets shafted on universal stats as well).

Lina is MHS by our profiles (and even then, only in combat speed) so... Even a massively lowballed Marisa blitzes the **** out of her. You can't realistically place Touhou anywhere below Relativistic, especially with how lenient DB is towards light dodging feats.

Guessing the reason Youmu wins is that DB doesn't buy immeasurable/universal DMC? Interesting, though this also wouldn't bode well for Dante vs Kratos (unless Kratos gets shafted on universal stats as well).
To my knowledge if DMC uni stats get shafted, so will Kratos'. DMC uni stuff is somewhat contentious and I wouldn't be surprised if DB didn't buy it.

While Kratos' uni stuff is pretty solid, its also from pretty ignorable side lore/lore books and not directly seen feats. (well, I think we see some of the feats, they're just not visibly uni without the context from the books).

I remember the G1 blog having a handful of debunks for it, though this site obviously didn't buy them. Though, I have to wonder if the rejection of universal scaling for both would make the debate closer. Would be fun to see such a high profile fight come down to hax and skill and not just 'how many universes can they blow up'.
It's pretty funny because this fight is actually incredibly close no matter what you buy. If you buy the uni stats, its very close! Both are 2C with walls of haxx and ridiculously high speed stats (infinite and immeasurable) and absurd weapons to use.

HOWEVER if you dont buy their highest stats, which is likely, the matchups is still ridiculously close regardless, with both having pretty similar displayed feats in-games with a variety of abilities that counter and bounce off of one another. It's a really cool close MU no matter what way you slice it.

Right so @FujiwaraYesMokou @Kirbonic_Pikmin where's the best place I can gather Thumbnails for Mokou's MUs? Or should I just scrounge around for people who have suggested offhanded MUs?

305xytxc3bu71.jpg

Here's one for TIWSTDOTU Mokou vs Novel Kars. I don't usually go digging for MU thumbnails so this is all I have rn.

It's pretty funny because this fight is actually incredibly close no matter what you buy. If you buy the uni stats, its very close! Both are 2C with walls of haxx and ridiculously high speed stats (infinite and immeasurable) and absurd weapons to use.

HOWEVER if you dont buy their highest stats, which is likely, the matchups is still ridiculously close regardless, with both having pretty similar displayed feats in-games with a variety of abilities that counter and bounce off of one another. It's a really cool close MU no matter what way you slice it.
It'll be fun either way, for sure. I'm not particularly familiar with either series so seeing what non-universal feats come up will be interesting to see. I just hope the fight is in 3D and manages to live up to the hype.

Right so @FujiwaraYesMokou @Kirbonic_Pikmin where's the best place I can gather Thumbnails for Mokou's MUs? Or should I just scrounge around for people who have suggested offhanded MUs?
I don't have any made myself so I can't provide any unfortunately, you'd likely have to dig around reddit or similar places for suggested MUs I'd imagine.

You've at least got two pretty solid ones to start off!

It'll be fun either way, for sure. I'm not particularly familiar with either series so seeing what non-universal feats come up will be interesting to see. I just hope the fight is in 3D and manages to live up to the hype.
I'm a huge ****** fan of both franchises and have been for years, so no matter if they go for the most insane universal scale possible or decide to stick with more reasonable, but still insane feats, I'm gonna be fine and very happy, just so long as the fight is 3D and actually excellent. It's got a lot to live up to, what with Dante vs Bayonetta existing and all.

I remember the G1 blog having a handful of debunks for it, though this site obviously didn't buy them. Though, I have to wonder if the rejection of universal scaling for both would make the debate closer. Would be fun to see such a high profile fight come down to hax and skill and not just 'how many universes can they blow up'.
And someone here ripped that debunk to shreds lol, it was glorious 🙌🏿.

Hey, speaking of Touhou, you guys think Nazrin would make it into DB or does she have any opponents?
She would never make it onto DB, she's wayyyyy too small a character within the verse and only really has memetic popularity because of some fan creations. She has little in terms of feats or scaling to work with.

And someone here ripped that debunk to shreds lol, it was glorious 🙌🏿.
Would you happen to have a link to where it happened, I'd love to see the debate, I'm not super caught up with the highest tier stuff for DMC and it's reasonings outside of a couple things.

Nah unfortunately it’s still just raw power. DMC may have been debunked/not bought but GoW is far more sound. So yeah Kratos vs Dante is an unholy stomp in the Greek’s favor. In fact the only DMC win is Lady vs Seras…unless you wanna feed Yang to Nero but lolno.

This back and forth of trying to find great MUs that aren't completely lopsided stomps while also accounting for what DB will and will not buy from those characters (in terms of scaling, hax and feats) is always amusing to observed

I mean it's the reason you have these debates. Luis Virgil would probably be put at Tier 1 by our standards (every Testament would likely scale accordingly), but assuming Margulis wasn't just pulling statements out of his ass, I'd buy anywhere from 4-B to 3-C at most for the 'lower tier' Testaments (e.g. Virgil).

In fact, where I heard that ended up in my notes for the retrospective:

ZoQuote.png

ZoQuote2.png

('Spectator' chaos was scaled to a singular Vessel of Anima, and basically all of the E.S's accordingly. Hence this statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back