• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
357927036f50f6d14b8fd8bbfffa68c8.png

well as i said, the last May slot for the past 3 years have always featured an American cartoon character

2019: Ben vs Hal
2020: Danny vs Jake
2021: Steven vs Star
2022: ????

We are also due for a non-sprite fight AND an unteased character fight. So I'm going with Bill vs Discord/Dexter vs Jimmy or Gru vs Megamind as the next fight.

But I kinda expect Boba Fett match for the Kenobi hype.

Y'know, knowing the amount of MegaTen I've been playing in recent months, it's really helped polish some of the Xeno MU ideas I have. It's only just hit me that about three of my best Saga ideas have changed.

And for the latest in that conga line:

chaos_Yeshua_vs_Makoto_Yuki.png

chaos / Yeshua (Xenosaga) vs Makoto Yuki (Persona 3):

• Both are soft-spoken co-protagonists who join humble groups in order to fight threats to their worlds (Makoto being one of the recruits to S.E.E.S to fight off the Dark Hour and Shadows, and chaos (at least, the 'spectator' form he took) starting out as an assistant of Matthews crew on the Elsa, a flagship of the Kukai Foundation, eventually helping Saga's main party order to fight against the Gnosis. chaos's personality starts out friendly enough, but quickly turns melancholy over the Xenosaga Trilogy (not helped by Joshua Seth sounding bored out of his right mind), and Makoto Yuki always having this very pained image to him whenever player interaction isn't involved.
  • Both turn out to be the cornerstone of a given (potentially outerversal) consequence in their respective worlds, mostly with another being associated with their psyches and pasts. chaos is eventually revealed to be Yeshua, a childhood friend of Mary Magdeline as both were followers of Jesus Christ, and Mary is the 'true form of KOS-MOS' - events dating back to before an undefined number of instances of Wilhelm triggering Eternal Recurrence, and while Makoto Yuki has the wild card for multiple forms of Personas (Orpheus, Thanatos and Messiah being the standouts noted on this very wiki), it's also worth bringing up Nyx/Death being a part of his very being after the loss of his parents on the Moonlight Bridge.
  • Both end up "dead" (and I put that in air quotes for a reason) in order to save the squads they served and consider friends. chaos staying behind of Michtam with KOS-MOS form Mary (+ Abel and Nephilim) to set off a Phase Transition in the form of a Universe bust in order to destroy the remains of Zarathustra once and for all, and Makoto Yuki beating Nyx/Death via Great Seal at the end of The Journey. Both end up in a sort of 'existence limbo' for these actions (for chaos, it's fairly blatant at the end of Saga III, and if the MegaTen cosmology blog is to be believed, Makoto scales to beings that are beyond death as a mortal concept (supposedly?), to say nothing of his being act as a seal stopping Erebus from getting to Nyx).
  • Both also have blatant references to both Traditional and Judeo revisions of Christianity. chaos obviously being an (ex-?) follower of Saga's interpretation of Jesus Christ himself, and Messiah as the Judgement Arcana (and Makoto Yuki's very own) Ultimate Persona is a walking reference to the crucifixion. This rolling (pun only slightly intended) into the sacrifices these characters ultimately make for both their friends and their worlds.
  • Both have talent. chaos rattling off what people can do as individuals is something of a running gag / meme in Saga circles, and Makoto Yuki being a college kid means you can make him as smart / extracurricular as you want through social stats.

If Vegeta somehow pulls home a W, I'm gonna find that guy spamming in YouTube comment sections salty about Hulk's L to Broly and telling people to join his discord server to prove it, along with Thor's superiority, and troll the living daylights out of him.
On one hand my ass just want Thor to win to shut folks up
On the other hand they be getting all too upset over that shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back