• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skaar’s got some Earth Manipulation powers but otherwise he’a just another Hulk

Skaar's got a bit more going for him than just that, with his Retrocognition, power boosts through the Old Power, and his "Stone" form, but yeah, they barely share anything and this would just be another easy stomp, at least it's not Trunks (who he Skaar shares way more in common with and both use a sword)

As long as there is even a small chance, that certain character can win, then for me this my is not a stomp. Like Akuma vs Shao Kahn. They could either give Kahn more ''realistic'' stats or maxed him to planet level. Another example is Saitama vs Popeye. There was a chance that Saitama would get literal one punch.
Even current Thor vs Vegeta. General consensus is, Thor most likely stomp, but there is a small chance, that Bejita would win. That's why, I didn't consider those fights 100% stomps. Just because an episode ends with a stomp doesn't mean I would known that during the fight.

But, on the other hand, for me Killua vs Akame is a stomp. For them, Akame Ga Kill is country level or so. Max wanked Killua is mountain level. Gap is too big and no wank can save Killua.

Why is this so important for me? Because I watch Death Battle to learn, who (by their logic) would win. If I already know who would win, then there is no suprise and the entire fight is a farce for me. If I am 100% sure, who would win, then I more or less know, what will happened next. Like I wrote above, there is no suprise. Even the best choreography has no value to me, because I know, that one of them doesn't have a chance. Stomped character trying is just meaningless. If fight is not 100% stomp, then every move has a value and I started to think ''is he/she winning?'' 100% stomps don't have it.
I watch Death Battle for a bigger or lesser shock value.

If I am 100% sure, who would win, then I more or less know, what will happened next. Like I wrote above, there is no suprise. Even the best choreography has no value to me, because I know, that one of them doesn't have a chance.
I watch Death Battle for a bigger or lesser shock value.
So did you like Reverse Flash vs Goku Black?

Since composites mostly suck, I wish they had stick to comic only Popeye feats. Everything they said was old news. I wish theyd have discovered more new comic feats. Oh well.

I'm the complete opposite to you lol. I don't care about the matchup to the extent that if they made a match like idk, Odin vs Raiden (MK), as long as the choreography is good and the lines are good I would take it every day of the week. Within reason maybe

You know, do you guys think any other RPG maker rpg characters could get onto DB? besides Undertale and OFF, what would you guys wanna see?
Yume Nikki is iconic but it only has like 4 combat applicable effects (stoplight, ghost, knife and Witch), idk if including the manga and the 3d remaster would solve that.

You know, do you guys think any other RPG maker rpg characters could get onto DB? besides Undertale and OFF, what would you guys wanna see?
maybe the spooky ghost girl from Corpse Party vs Sadako?
Oh you mean Sachiko Shinozaki? She'd be neat to see in DEATH BATTLE!. Prefer her to fight Alma Wade from F.E.A.R.
As for other RPG Maker characters, maybe Oni from Ao Oni? Though you'd need his other media appearances to get a good idea of his feats.
World could always use more ghost girls
Agreed.
MmIwNjllZS5qcGc

This is Erma Williams, btw.

I've seen a lot of Marisa, but I have no idea why it's even somewhat popular.
Because Touhou vs Undertale, both have a rainbow/star motif, and there's an extremely popular youtube animation for it. Otherwise it's probably one of the worst MUs for each.

It be a damn repeat of Popeye analysis it would be the same shit we got from before nothing new nothing interesting

And SpongeBob vs Popeye is not even a good MU it's just lol toon Force users where any ******* MU can fit the ******* Bill

And Popeye vs Saitama we're boths best by a mile especially when most of Saitama we're typical Casual MU and the episode is among the shows classics

There's no reason to bring Popeye back at all and you're better off bringing someone else new then re running some who hasn't gotten new material in a decade
The only other good Popeye MU left imo is Arale but she's a pretty obscure character to the general VS community last I checked so that's unlikely.

Pocky may be Reimu's opponent too.
That's straight up cruel to poor Pocky. I'm also typically not a big fan of Original vs Inspiration MUs most of the time, it's why Sakuya vs Dio isn't super good either, also why a lot of Touhou vs Undertale MUs suck, etc etc.

I think Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo is Reimu's best MU, with Sailor Mars being a very close second.

Kinda offtopic but i wanna say that i'm planning to do my own VS show in aummwe, it will be done fully in text format cause i can't animate shit, lol.
Right now the MUs that i'm planning to do are: Samus vs Cloud, K Rool vs Neo Cortex, Vegeta vs Nostalgia Critic, Alucard vs Donovan, Axl vs Sakuya and maybe Kasen vs Fleetway Sonic.
You can suggest some MUs but keep in mind that i do not know every single franchise, so if you'll suggest 100 MUs with characters who i'm not familiar with (I'm looking at you, Joycap), then i will most likely need your help with these characters.
Also, this is the template i made for the thumbnails(I know that it looks kinda shitty):
garbage.png

EDIT: I'm 100% remaking Macho Man vs Kool-Aid Man myself, DB absolutely ****** up that fight
I'd be glad to trade notes with you about my general research for Kasen v Fleetway. I actually have my own image for how I'd handle a fight between these two so I'd love to see whatever you come with and how it differs from my thoughts. Just generally interested to see whatever you'd talk about in general.

I've actually had my own personal list of MUs I'd do in "Seasons" for a hypothetical Versus Show I'd make if I somehow ever had the capacity to. Mostly just as a fun little thought exercise to burn all my thoughts and ideas about different matchups. I've written a lot about Kasen v Fleetway particularly, I guess it's just my darling match at this point, but I've also had strong thought sessions about Flandre vs Marx, Kirby vs Yuuma, Yagami vs Wei, Kiryu vs Shizuo, Wilfre vs Dimentio, and several others I have strong feelings about. I probably should take your idea of posting them as a blog of some kind, but I'd also be down to just talk with you about that shit sometime.

DAMN that ******* sucks, I'd really love to see SCP on the show someday, I think it'd shake things up a lot and make a really interesting episode in terms of research and animation potential, plus I'm just really passionate about SCP in general ):

I really hope Ichiban wins this I think a normal ass guy beating a Jojo character is super ******* funny. Does anybody know the connections for these two because I kinda dislike Jojo so I wouldn't know.

I'm trying to collect good MUs for Yakuza characters and so far Kiryu has a really good one in Shizuo Heiwajima, Yagami has an excellent one in Wei Shen, and Majima has a bunch of weird if funny ones like Undyne (I hope to find him an actually decent one someday though), I just need a really good one for Ichiban now.

Last edited:
Oh you mean Sachiko Shinozaki? She'd be neat to see in DEATH BATTLE!. Prefer her to fight Alma Wade from F.E.A.R.
As for other RPG Maker characters, maybe Oni from Ao Oni? Though you'd need his other media appearances to get a good idea of his feats.
Holy shit I completely forgot about that match up!! nvm that's by far the optimal one for both.

How is Sadako vs Kayako talked about actually just wondering
it's pretty ******* phenomenal one really, and a match up I badly want, I also think if it comes to all their material, it's pretty debatable

Thor uses his Reality Warping to think a new one into existence
Can he do that?
Ao Oni has potential wall-breaking feat in Ao Oni X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back