• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Death Battle can't look like this?

"budget"
In that case, they need to start kickstarter campaign. Their channel is huge (almost 5 mln subscibers) so they can very easily gather a few thousand $

TBH...

It can get tricky, because production costs can vary... A LOT.

The cheapest anime to produce in the USA can be as little as US$3000 to US$7000 per minute, making a 24-minute animation US$72000 to US$168000. Barebone scripting, voice over and music. You want broadcast grade or even Hollywood grade production value? Start with US$50,000+ per minute, meaning US$1,200,000 per episode - with the studios often providing full animation services from concept development and scripting to 2D/3D animation, advanced lighting effects, and more.

Japanese anime (those you watch at Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Demon Slayer) are of "reasonable quality" and, surprisingly, are costing "only" JPY 10,000,000 to JPY 15,000,000 per 24-minute episode (~US$87,000 to US$130,000).
Still considered expensive by the local investors that they pushed some production lines to South Korea and mainland China - but already far cheaper than the made-in-US ones.

And given Death Battle has only 3-6 minute real fights (where the animation for the juicy bloody fight really counts) and ad times are still images with voicing and tin can background music, production costs are surprisingly low. Like a 5-minute Demon Slayer-grade animation can cost as "low" as US$27200. Still 40% annual salary for a supervisor grade certified public accountant in the USA.

Now, ask: do you agree Rooster Teeth should outsource its whole animation team to Tokyo? And cut those crap talks?

Last edited:
Folks seem to misunderstand
DB isn't some big shot animation studio given god massive ass money

I could be a big channel but if I do a video about something no one gives a **** about that specific video would not get many views
Same thing applies for DB
I can't imagine Naruto vs Ichigo ending well for Bleach fans, considering iirc Seth is a huge Naruto fan
He's also a bleach fan as well and I can see him give Ichigo the W given. Naruto beats him In various animations

Princes of Pride
Brandon Yates ft. Jun Mitsui
3:37 long
Has vocals
#fiveeyescanhelp

Not very spoilery, unless you want to say the whole song sounds very Norse and Marvel.
anyways Track doesn't spoil anything

Is it just me does the whole music (esp the intro part) sound like a songs for the bull monsters and taurens and Tapu Bulu.

Also fight comes monday on youtube right?
Yes and no.

Thor vs Vegeta airs on 2022/5/9 at 1:00 AM SGT for RT First members and 2022/5/10 at 1:00 AM SGT for the public on Youtube.

Last edited:
Anyways went on a bing run on Thor and Vegeta fights and went to see how they stack up

Thor vs Raiden- one of the biggest stomps on the show lol yet didn't stop the fight from being one the best of the season and featuring one of the best kills while at it 7.5/10 pretty good

Vegeta vs Shadow- Honestly found this fight to be overrated for S1 standards the action was largely forgettable with only thing I could remember is Vegeta punching the moon and funny TFS banter which is okay if ur a fan but frankly doesn't do it for me especially when if you wanted a fight between the two you want the actual characters personality not here's TFS Vegeta vs Shadow and the fight was more of a skit than an actual fight
6.5/10 decent/serviceable but nothing special

Thor vs WW-Yeah this one a definition didn't age all that well outside decent choegraphy, the fight was largely unfinished,Some footage is missing and Thor portrayal was not good
6-6.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back