• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah! Is this your hated MU? (where you dislike it for valid reasons but know and accept it'll likely happen in the future).

Reverse Flash Vs Goku Black Already happened (@The_Smashor)

Future Trunks Vs Silver
(Me).

I believe there are others too.

He did in the EU/Legends not sure in "canon" tho.
It’s hated but for purely petty reasons. No matter who wins, one of my boys die.
Dedede vs Bowser is in the same boat.

Speaking of Fire Emblem actually it's pretty crazy with how much the DB researchers have liked Fire Emblem and talked about the series in the past that we've had zero representation of FE in DB.

I think Lucina is one of the most likely, but recently with Three Houses, the FE episode is probably gonna be Dimitri VS Guts as that's easily the biggest MU.
Lucina is in a poor position. Every MU she has except for one as she gets her shit kicked in by Zelda, Saber, Erza, and all the time traveler matchups (Trunks, Grovyle, Silver, etc.) Only matchup she wins is Kitana and that sucks.

I also love how all the house leaders have super good matchups, with Dimitri having Guts and Edelgard having Lelouch, and then poor Claude is stuck with goddamn Decidueye.

Lucina is in a poor position. Every MU she has except for one as she gets her shit kicked in by Zelda, Saber, Erza, and all the time traveler matchups (Trunks, Grovyle, Silver, etc.) Only matchup she wins is Kitana and that sucks.

I also love how all the house leaders have super good matchups, with Dimitri having Guts and Edelgard having Lelouch, and then poor Claude is stuck with goddamn Decidueye.
At least there's Elsa from Frozen
Speaking of Fire Emblem actually it's pretty crazy with how much the DB researchers have liked Fire Emblem and talked about the series in the past that we've had zero representation of FE in DB.

I think Lucina is one of the most likely, but recently with Three Houses, the FE episode is probably gonna be Dimitri VS Guts as that's easily the biggest MU.
I think Marth, Roy or Ike might be likely to show up first due to their iconic status and history thanks to Smash Bros.

Late but i find it funny how the match with the strongest characters (by the analysis) in the show, on such a level that any difference could make it a bigger stomp than all other episodes combined, ended up being one of, if not the most evenly matched MU in DB history, bareing easly DB i guess

I believe there was a feat from some random dude from this obscure but Canon thing where the bot performed a feat that would give transformers one of the highest speed ratings, but people were quick to say it's probably an outlier
Genuinely interested about this btw
Recently found out about this MU, sounded kinda cool to me, so i made a thumbnail for it.
forgotten.png

Ragna the Bloodedge vs Koishi Komeiji (Blazblue vs Touhou)
Connections: Both were forgotten by everyone (Koishi closed her third eye, which resulted into her being forgotten before the story began and Ragna being forgotten at the very end). One regrets this action that they only did for themselves (Koishi) while the other felt it was a necessary thing they had to do to save everyone (Ragna). However, one person (Satori and Rachel) held onto the faint memory of them and misses them dearly. Both had a demon inside of their bodies that everyone was scared of (Third eye and Black beast) so they locked them deep inside of them, Koishi locked it away from the world while the Ragna used it to his advantage. Both also have a sibling (Satori Komeji and Jin Kisaragi) who is more successful than them but most of the time, they just go off and do their own thing. However, they still really love their family. Both have pretty deceiving looks (Koishi looks like a cute anime girl and is extremely childish but has a secret dark side while Ragna looks like a total "edgelord" and is Mature but has a secret nice side). Both also have a theme with hope (Koishi wanted to Gain the Emotion of Hope while Ragna Embodied that Hope for others). Both steal things but they really don't care. Both were enemies to the entire world but, later on in life, gained more meaningful realntionships with others. Both also use bladed weapons in combat (Koishi uses her knife and Ragna uses his sword, Aramasa).
First off, this thumbnail's pretty good, I like the saturation effect on it. But some of these connections are... off?

Koishi hasn't shown strong regret for her actions yet, only mildly when she encountered Marisa and Reimu, and actually still seems to hold somewhat firm with her choice in the fighting games by re-iterating that she hates thinking. Also I wouldn't quite refer to Koishi's Third Eye as "A demon inside of her", as it's moreso just another aspect of herself, like another body-part, that represents her consciousness. Koishi having a "dark side" is still pretty debatable in canon, as there was never any indication in canon that before closing her eye she ever had any malicious intent, she only ever wanted friends/to be loved by others, and even after closing her eye her subconscious inclination to be kind still rubs off on her, even in her thoughtless state, with her appearing to be imaginary friends to children and generally just being kind to those she meets. Her Urban Legend in ULiL is generally utilized like someone who just found out about a scary story for the first time and is trying to scare everyone they see with it, rather than her having a dark side (the only other argument for Koishi having a "dark side" is her pre-fight dialogue in TH11 but tbf every Touhou character throws death threats around like they're greetings, and all of Koishi's other characterizations and moments portray her as very kind/friendly). Satori is... I wouldn't say more successful than her? They're both equally hated by the world, Satori just happens to be in a position of power appointed by the Yama. The bladed weapon in combat thing kinda works but is a little stretchy since Koishi really only uses her knife for a SINGLE attack in two of the fighters.

Otherwise these other connections seem alright, I'm not sure if I like the MU much but I'll be completely real with you Koishi is one of my Top 5 favorite characters of all time so picking an MU for her that I like is incredibly tough, I'd be harsher than most.

Sly vs Lupin is such a based matchup and it makes me sad that they'd likely never fight each other on DB if they ever get in, Sly is unfortunately more likely to be put up against Rouge than he is Lupin

Yeah it's not great when everyone and their mother already knows who'd win, who would ever think Rouge would win that fight when Sly can just jump and press the circle button to instantly win
I ******* love Sly vs Lupin so much dude, that's one of my favorite versus MUs, I'd be devastated if they waste Sly on Rouge, this is coming from a huge Sonic fan.

The more time goes on the more I really vibe with this MU. A lot of animation potential with cool fast paced sword clashing, interesting ability trades (Zero's whole, varies arsenal against MK's pure speed and skill, and his handful of abilities like geokinesis and energy beams, and raw potential moments. Possible banter but it could be a silent fight just as well. This could be one of the best fights this season imo. Even if it's a little stompy I also appreciate a 3rd Kirby W.

Eggman has the privilege of being a legacy and iconic MU, and his character interaction potential with Bowser can be good, as both can be pretty goofy. The only issue is that the actual thematic connections, as with most Mario VS Sonic MUs, are lacking, and their abilities and how they fight are extremely counterintuitive to each other. There's also the issue of like, if Eggman gets like all of his machines why can't Bowser? Most people see this MU as Bowser just tearing his way through all of Eggman's arsenal by himself, which could be epic but it doesn't give Eggman much to show off and portrays him as constantly on the ropes, then again, I suppose with Sonic he always is.
The reasoning here would probably be more that Bowser has never been seen using the machines himself, its always Jr. I can't really think of a single time he's utilized a robot himself that isn't like his Clown Kart or something. And in all honesty even if you did give Bowser access to all his machines, it wouldn't change the matchup in any major way like giving Eggman all his machines does. Also the dynamic of a single opponent tearing through someone's entire arsenal bit by bit overtime is a very interesting dynamic we've never had before, and it keeping Eggman on the ropes of "oh you won't be able to handle THIS" would lead to fun banter/animation potential. It could also lead to an interesting fake out/unexpected ending with Eggman winning, with him being able to turn the situation around on Bowser's head with the final robot he pulls out finally being able to put the king under (I think the Phantom Ruby or any of Eggman's major uni-robots would be able to effectively take him out. Or you could just have the Death Egg Cannon put him down, either or). Could be a very fun fight generally.

Oh so this one's just definitely happening now.

This site has different ratings than what DB would buy so I think they'd have Bowser winning honestly (speed + hax and abilities that counter Eggman's as well as using Uni stats for Mario characters even if it's not in the episodes themselves) Either way it's a fun MU I'm just not sure if it will happen.

This site has different ratings than what DB would buy so I think they'd have Bowser winning honestly (speed + hax and abilities that counter Eggman's as well as using Uni stats for Mario characters even if it's not in the episodes themselves) Either way it's a fun MU I'm just not sure if it will happen.
I don't really agree with what this site's stats are for Mario so I tend to not use them, but DB DEFINITELY doesn't use them so I'm not taking them into account here. I think the highest they'd bring Bowser is probably Galaxy level via Grand Star scaling.

I have no idea what they'd use for Eggman's speed stats but they could likely downscale his reactions from the Sonic characters due to keeping up with them in the mechs, so I dunno if Bowser would outspeed him, I guess you could argue haxx, but idk how haxxed they'd have Bowser and I'm pretty sure most of what Eggman's stronger robots offer alongside the Phantom Ruby's haxx would be more potent

The thing is though. The last discussion had (When I was on the Discord) was that Bowser can simply de-mech Eggman. TK or warp the Ruby or any other macguffin away. It's within his capabilities and he messed with characters in this way consistently in Mario Party. So they'd probably go with that.

Of course, maybe the verdict has changed. They did have Eggman winning before. Wouldn't doubt it's the type of MU where people flip-flop

The thing is though. The last discussion had (When I was on the Discord) was that Bowser can simply de-mech Eggman. TK or warp the Ruby or any other macguffin away. It's within his capabilities and he messed with characters in this way consistently in Mario Party. So they'd probably go with that.

Of course, maybe the verdict has changed. They did have Eggman winning before. Wouldn't doubt it's the type of MU where people flip-flop
Have they utilized Mario Party in analysis before? I feel like that's something that could be seen as questionable to use in a researching sense.

I guess that's a potential Bowser wincon argument. I just feel that Eggman has more potential ways to end the fight that he'd be more likely to use at any point.

Eggman vs Bowser Rely's heavily on do you give Eggman his utter best stuff like time Eater and Egg Salamander
Egg Salamander, Time Eater, and Egg Wizard are his strongest self made robots iirc. The Death Egg is also pretty powerful with its 4A cannon and all.

I think a lot of it also relies on if you give him the Phantom Ruby, which is generally one of his best wincons imo. Considering it was standard equipment for him in two games, and Bowser's best scaling is due to the Grand Star, something only standard equipment for him in two games, I think it's pretty fair.

The ONLY Tier 2 mech Eggman will get is the one in Mania as that's the only one that doesn't require another pilot is what's generally agreed upon in the Discord. And I guess the Ruby too.

But I think Bowser is more likely to use his hax than people think. His first thing upon gaining some control in Bowser's Fury but still enraged was take Mario's macguffin and trap them in a barrier so he couldn't use them anymore. In a bloodlusted scenario (exactly what Bowser's Fury depicts) he WILL cripple the opponent if they have an obvious power source.

Also Mario Party has been used in DB, but mainly as little jokes like "survived Mario Party" but I don't doubt they'd use them for feats, especially now that Superstars has confirmed they're all Canon since the main cast literally travels to Mario Party World and the game is all about reminiscing about their past adventures in that world, making the events canon.

And contrary to popular belief Mario Party barely adds broken shit to the cast. They already had FTL to MFTL+ stuff and the absolute highest you can argue MP to get to in AP is about the same as the main games. They just get a few abilities from the minigames

Reasonable lowballs feel like Eggman win mostly due to Death Egg & Final Egg Blaster being more reasonable thing to be given. The MU gets weird once you hand out stuff like Star Rod or Time Eater.

Technically atm Eggman is stronger than Bowser in DB due to Emerald Feat > Wario Feat, but frankly I feel like Bowser would have a good shot if they do new black hole feats. Also feeling they'd use some MFTL feats to make them close or still have Bowser to be faster.

Eggman creating his machines makes a better argument to given him most of his stuff, tho while this allows Phantom Ruby replicas, DB would prolly still not allow Eggman's spinoff mechs be universal lol

Ah! Is this your hated MU? (where you dislike it for valid reasons but know and accept it'll likely happen in the future).

Future Trunks Vs Silver
(Me).

I believe there are others too.
Zero vs Meta Knight (@The_real_cal_howard)

Future Trunks Vs Silver
(@The_Axiom_of_Virgo)

Shulk vs Lightning (@Joycap) (Shulk vs Sora likely gets sacrificed)

For me... Not that there are a lot of specific matchups that I hate (or there are such, but not specific matchups I specifically hate but rather have a lot of alternatives I deem better)

I mean, it may include
  • Korra vs Storm (Korra vs Rey and Korra vs Delsin Rowe get sacrificed)
  • Sly Cooper vs Rouge the Bat (likely Sly Cooper vs Lupin III gets sacrificed)
  • Giorno Giovanna vs Ren Amamiya (technically Giorno Giovanna has Touma Kamijou and P5 Joker has a lot of masked tuxedo superheroes to tangle with)
  • Kirito fights any character not a "normal human playing an MMOG with a superb online avatar"
... basically such idea

Last edited:
The thing is that, again, Bowser is likely gonna be faster. And Eggman is considerably weaker outside of mechs which Bowser can easily just pull him out of. In literally every Mario Party game (games where Bowser is actively toying with the cast mind you) Bowser can switch their positions on the map, take items or swap them around, or just forcibly summon them from their place to his little... Dimension, I guess? Wherever he is. And this is literally a very consistent thing. And in Bowser's Fury we've seen a bloodlusted Bowser try to nerf Mario by sealing his power-ups, which he can easily do to things like the Ruby or the mechs themselves (given he literally dwarfs lighthouses sealing an entire mech should be doable). Hell, Bowser sealing things is pretty consistent in general.

Do you think they'll ever do Nostalgia Critic Vs AVGN?
Unlikely.
And if they do, god knows what is included.

Reasonable lowballs feel like Eggman win mostly due to Death Egg & Final Egg Blaster being more reasonable thing to be given. The MU gets weird once you hand out stuff like Star Rod or Time Eater.

Technically atm Eggman is stronger than Bowser in DB due to Emerald Feat > Wario Feat, but frankly I feel like Bowser would have a good shot if they do new black hole feats. Also feeling they'd use some MFTL feats to make them close or still have Bowser to be faster.

Eggman creating his machines makes a better argument to given him most of his stuff, tho while this allows Phantom Ruby replicas, DB would prolly still not allow Eggman's spinoff mechs be universal lol
Does this mean a Mario vs Sonic re-re-examination?

I also dislike Silver VS Trunks lol

Just don't think it's needed unless they feel they need to "do Sonic justice" which would be placing Sonic at Low 2-C and probably billions c (if that honestly) and scale him at best to two universes (and that's me being generous) while placing DBS characters at outright 2-C and quintillions c. Then again, maybe Trunks scales to a lower end since he was only during the Zamasu arc, so scaling around Beerus' value in his episode. Still more than enough to beat Silver in AP, albeit not TOO much. But it won't matter.

Silver's best bet is to use literally every ability he has, but they'd probably argue Trunks is fully serious in a battle and does not hesitate to end it quickly if he can.

But all in all everyone and their mother knows what the outcome is gonna be, and it's just retreading the same waters as Shadow VS Vegeta, but this time it's two weaker characters who can time travel! How quirky. also Silver's time travel is >>> Trunks' which is the main point of the MU so the true winner is Silver

Do you think they'll ever do Nostalgia Critic Vs AVGN?
Given the #ChangeTheChannel and Channel Awesome Implosion controversy, doubtful. Though even without that, their rivalry sorta died down and neither of them had much of a popularity they once had, though they're still around and still getting views to this day. Also unsure if DB will use Internet personas.

Lord no for re-examination.

DB changes shit a lot. Venom went from Mach 2 to 2000 and lets not forget EVEN FASTER THOR. It doesnt mean all eps should get re-examinations.

I dont really want too many re-examinations either, at this point mostly just MC vs Doomguy.
MC VS Doomguy isn't even needed really. Like, Eternal has made it to where even the casual audience have to reach to even give Chief a chance.
So longing to watch Doomguy bump from slightly weaker than Master Chief tier to stomping a lot of multiverse buster tier...
Now Doomguy likely stomps even Samus Aran. Whoops.

Master Splinter (4kids) vs Master Shifu? Can be interesting. But will Shifu scale from which phase of Po and Splinter from which incarnation of the TMNTs

The thing with Doomguy is he's super impressive in terms of AP and Durability. Multi+ is literally insane.

However, that speed rating is very pitiful for someone of that tier. I hope he gets some better shit cause even though he's stronger than a lot of opponents if they have the necessary hax he loses because of lacking speed. Don't know if she has hax he can't resist but if Samus does then she could be one of those people who can beat him, for example

Also, Shifu and Splinter is a really good MU. I've always liked it.

Not sure what versions they'll use or if they'll just composite them. If it's the latter then that's unfortunate for Shifu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back