• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it could be interesting because of the more limited powersets, most modern DC vs Marvel MUs like to do random one time abilities like Zatanna reaching out of the comic pages or Lex's 2D dimension thing as a little "Hey remember when we said that in the analysis??? There it is you paid attention!!" With the DCEU and MCU's more limited movesets they'd be forced to be more creative with how the characters attack and interact with their surroundings, sort of like matches like Jack vs Afro or Snake vs Sam in a way.
I don't see anything interesting about it whatsoever and don't see anything that couldn't be done by comic book or even cartoon version not to mention neither even have a interesting fighting style to compensate

Its just a waste of time

Can you share theur profiles, if they have any

dexugwu-8180a01b-b0e5-4298-8f19-0ddd9eadaf08.png
4n8snrcr9bo81.jpg

Light vs Lelouch with prep time
God I hate this match so much, I could see this working as per say a dojin or light novel but an actual fight would be boooooring, literally both one shot each other.
I ha e a feeling it may be Monika vs Miyuki Sone
Monika vs Miyuki Sone might be neat, maybe make the fight happen because Boomstick was pirating H-Games and acidently downloaded both of them and Wiz is now trying to figure out how to fix Boomsticks computer.

Meant those for what if strange

I don't really like Rouge VS Sly nor Bowser Jr. VS Tron Bonne even though both will likely be a reality.

The latter I don't like because they'd have to really limit Jr. to even make it look fair, as his arsenal and lost of powers and even capabilities dwarf that of Tron's. She's just got a single mech she uses and so few abilities and weapons to make it interesting. But hey, people apparently like it and want it so

Rouge VS Sly I just think will be boring because it's so incredibly easy to tell who will win and also because beyond basic H2H Rouge has flight which is gonna look awkward for Sly, and Sly has time manipulation but it's gonna look pitiful when it does jack shit. And that's his only potential trump card in any of his MUs lol I guess they could try a stealth section but then this is just a furry version of Snake VS Sam. I just don't think it offers anything of note.

I still really like Sly vs Lupin
Ditto.
Mario's aren't much better tbf

You have Mickey, Kirby, Popeye, and for some reason he's even paired against Reimu from Touhou but that's definitely not happening.
Speaking of run backs I really hope Mewtwo gets one since "both" of his DBs were essentially spite vids but by the same measure I know many Pokémon fans want a MU outside Gen 1 mons (Barring Lucario and the Gen 4 deities).

I still really like Sly vs Lupin
Sly vs Lupin is such a based matchup and it makes me sad that they'd likely never fight each other on DB if they ever get in, Sly is unfortunately more likely to be put up against Rouge than he is Lupin

Rouge VS Sly I just think will be boring because it's so incredibly easy to tell
Yeah it's not great when everyone and their mother already knows who'd win, who would ever think Rouge would win that fight when Sly can just jump and press the circle button to instantly win

Mewtwo can definitely get a runback, but the only issue is with who? Assuming it's not Tetsuo this season, we have like, the shitty Silver, Ness, Accelerator MUs left but I highly doubt those would happen.

Elfilis from Kirby could potentially be a MU but that's too recent and I doubt it'll pick up traction

In light of how a recent CRT is going to effect him

Time for me to bring up Grima vs Cell, they have incredibly specific connections

Created in an underground lab by a mad scientist and is a combination of various life forms in order to be a perfect being. (Dr. Gero/Forneus the Demon Alchemist)

Consuming others to reach their full power with a form of absorption.

The child of a prince travels through time in order to aid in their defeat. (Both villains also arrived from the future, though it wasn't a necessity in Grima's case)

A main character (potentially) sacrifices themselves in order to save the world and defeat them (both are even brought back later)

Both are willing to wait an extended period of time before their final battles.

Both are notable in their universes for being difficult to put down permanently (Cell's regeneration/Grima's resurrection)

Both are capable of sending their minions (Cell Jr./Risen) against foes they'd rather not deal with personally.

Granted, realistically Grima couldn't actually put down Cell permanently, and while neither could Cell put down Grima, a 1000 years sleep is a pretty good win-con in itself. There's also the potential for Cell to just blitz and absorb his (soon to be) much stronger foe

Maybe some BS could be pulled of if the Grima used is more of a composite (Echoes/Awakening/Heroes), and there would technically be an MFTL+ feat you could scale him too (it's just that we don't, tbh, and I agree), but Cell winning is 100x more likely

Speaking of Fire Emblem actually it's pretty crazy with how much the DB researchers have liked Fire Emblem and talked about the series in the past that we've had zero representation of FE in DB.

I think Lucina is one of the most likely, but recently with Three Houses, the FE episode is probably gonna be Dimitri VS Guts as that's easily the biggest MU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back