• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen or read Berserk (highly unfortunate, I know) but I'm so glad that there's a Berserk v. FE matchup that isn't just Ike vs Guts, from what I've heard the MU of Guts vs Dimitri is honestly really good

Also can I just say aside from Bowser's next potential matches I'm not a fan of Mario MUs.

Luigi VS Pac is fine, but it barely has connections beyond "gaming ghostbusters" which admittedly is at least a pretty unique connection with Luigi compared to his other opponents. And it does get Pac-Man in without having to go against utterly stupid MUs, though I think Yoshi is a decent alternative because in some games he CAN eat ghosts which would be three connections with Pac-Man instead of two. Plus, if it's composite Pack his ******* absurd transformations would be another thing he and Yoshi have in common but enough about that. This is probably the best of the bunch for sure.

But then we have like, Rosalina VS Palutena. I can kinda get it but like, also no? Palutena is clearly a much different character. I think the only reason this actually gained popularity is because of the (false) notion that Rosalina is "a Goddess" like Palutena and the Smash Canon Power Level disputes.

Then there's Jr. VS Tron which just has horrible animation potential. I get that it's thematic but just think about what they fight would be. Limiting Jr. to just his Clown Car and having the battle just be mechs fighting doesn't represent all of what BJ is capable of and is something we could have in other matches. This match is more like "Here's what Tron Bonne can do!" than it is a fair showing of both. And she still dies regardless.

And then Waluigi which is just entirely meme matches. Not really necessary. The only actual fun idea for a meme Waluigi match is Robbie Rotten but he also has other MUs.

And of course the potentiality of other runbacks that aren't needed.

I kinda wish Wario wasn't fed to Dedede, Bowser vs Dedede is so much better as a MU imo
Apparently it's because both are more well-known to be greedy anti-villains or antiheroes or something not exactly villains but started off as such, and have since become rivals to the main hero. Also, both are rotund and they share similar hax abilities, like, VERY similar. Plus, in other incarnations they own companies.

Bowser just has the "big greedy and goofy kings" theme with Dedede which is admittedly pretty charming. He's more villain than Dedede ever was also. So I can see why they did it, but also Bowser VS Dedede was just way more iconic and hype. It's kind of a legacy match in a way. Also, the character interaction potential with Bowz and Triple D would've been way better.

So there's pros and cons to both, really. Though I prefer Bowser over Wario.

The true bummer is feeding Bowser to Ganon in one of the shittier DBs. Like, at least Wario VS DDD was a good episode.

Bowser VS Ganon is still badly researched, barely showed off both characters and was boring as a fight. There wasn't even good interactions save for the tennis match.

One of the reasons why I support a reanalysis like with Mario VS Sonic because that match actually deserves it, and Fury Bowser Vs Calamity Ganon is an easy battle seller

The only thing is that there's two really big MUs Bowser has for runbacks, and both involve characters already in previous episodes.

Ganon has the privilege of being a shitty episode that deserves a reanalysis since they both got new forms that's easy clickbait, plus someone on the team actually has expressed interest in redoing the fight. Their powers are also pretty similar, as shocking as that is to casuals. They'd play off each other well in terms of abilities and how they fight. BUT Ganon and Bowser have like, NO chemistry at all so character interactions would not be great. Also, Ganon was already used twice now and had his best match.

Eggman has the privilege of being a legacy and iconic MU, and his character interaction potential with Bowser can be good, as both can be pretty goofy. The only issue is that the actual thematic connections, as with most Mario VS Sonic MUs, are lacking, and their abilities and how they fight are extremely counterintuitive to each other. There's also the issue of like, if Eggman gets like all of his machines why can't Bowser? Most people see this MU as Bowser just tearing his way through all of Eggman's arsenal by himself, which could be epic but it doesn't give Eggman much to show off and portrays him as constantly on the ropes, then again, I suppose with Sonic he always is.

m5QVtJS.jpg

Does strange really lose this? The wanda ep totally just used a outerversal feat of his which was saving some mutants from being deleted.

Tbh having a glaring weakness like the helmet being removed depowering Fate kinda makes me think its BS in its own way, ignoring that so Fate could win feels like blatant bias.

Tbh having a glaring weakness like the helmet being removed depowering Fate kinda makes me think its BS in its own way, ignoring that so Fate could win feels like blatant bias.
Eh since they came to the conclusion Fate was much faster (decillions of times the speed of light) I don’t think Strange would be fast enough to get the helmet off by their logic back then. Plus they said Fate has countermeasures to that and can use some Magic without the helmet.

Granted if they analyzed the MU nowadays they’d probably both have equal speed
IMG_5330.png

Jotaro never does heart crush in series especially in a time stop, also pretty sure Kenshiro has haxes that interacts with intangible beings, so Star Platinum cant protect Jotaro forever
Will it actually be Adachi who was fed to Kira - Ben 10 vs Green Lantern style? Especially as Kira literally has one time move?

Death Battle can easily say Kenshiro tags lightning return stroke (1/3 c) or even take those bajillion crack fist literal, meaning MFTL+ FOTNS - applicable to even weaker kenpo/touki practitioners like Jagi.
Then passive intangible body with Musou Tensei means Jotaro cannot even do the Lucy slash or Flash jab on Kenshiro.
Not to mention travel speed AOE yada yada
Superior travel speed and AOE with carpet Tenha Kasatsu and clones means Jotaro still dies by carpet bombing or multiple clones poke zankaiken at him.
Yeah, no.

Ken has such a wall of bullshit that Jotaro can't really do much. Plus, he could hit Star Platinum outright, given his uncle (Who reasonably shouldn't have many more powers than Ken himself) could harm a soul.

Since Jotaro would probably use Star Platinum to block an attack from a normal guy, Ken just punches a hole through his chest. It's not as though Jotaro's dodged MFTL attacks with his own body, he's always used Star Platinum to do so.
Okay, I take the L. Kenshiro stomps like he should. But damn, I wish Jotaro had better matchups.

In light of how a recent CRT is going to effect him

Time for me to bring up Grima vs Cell, they have incredibly specific connections

Created in an underground lab by a mad scientist and is a combination of various life forms in order to be a perfect being. (Dr. Gero/Forneus the Demon Alchemist)

Consuming others to reach their full power with a form of absorption.

The child of a prince travels through time in order to aid in their defeat. (Both villains also arrived from the future, though it wasn't a necessity in Grima's case)

A main character (potentially) sacrifices themselves in order to save the world and defeat them (both are even brought back later)

Both are willing to wait an extended period of time before their final battles.

Both are notable in their universes for being difficult to put down permanently (Cell's regeneration/Grima's resurrection)

Both are capable of sending their minions (Cell Jr./Risen) against foes they'd rather not deal with personally.

Granted, realistically Grima couldn't actually put down Cell permanently, and while neither could Cell put down Grima, a 1000 years sleep is a pretty good win-con in itself. There's also the potential for Cell to just blitz and absorb his (soon to be) much stronger foe

Maybe some BS could be pulled of if the Grima used is more of a composite (Echoes/Awakening/Heroes), and there would technically be an MFTL+ feat you could scale him too (it's just that we don't, tbh, and I agree), but Cell winning is 100x more likely
Who
im fine with sentry tbh
marquis is far more thematic and nem sold me on its fight dynamic

i just find marquis really boring
And he's too irrelevant you'll be lucky to have folks know who he is beyond generic cosmic baddy entity #384939594

Also Wario vs King DDD was the best for both frankly Wario options were ass and Bowser vs DDD is meh honestly

You know I think you should stop seeing your opinion as fact and dismissing other's wants. It's pretty toxic.

Grima is from Fire Emblem, btw.
Plz point to me stating my opinions as facts
Go ahead I'm waiting

I get wat he wants I'm simply saying it's highly unlikely due to the Characters relevancy

Relevancy - Awakening being the game that revived the franchise, having appeared as a baby in Echoes along with new lore, is also one of the most popular final bosses in the entire series with 4 versions in Heroes

Also, Awakening just turned 10 years old on 4/20, so it's back in the public eye for a bit

Of course, I don't actually expect nor want it to be done, I just think the MU is pretty decent (Grima vs Zamasu/Goku Black is also a good one)

Most likely candidate for an FE match anyways would be Byleth

Relevancy - Awakening being the game that revived the franchise, having appeared as a baby in Echoes along with new lore, is also one of the most popular final bosses in the entire series with 4 versions in Heroes

Also, Awakening just turned 10 years old on 4/20, so it's back in the public eye for a bit

Of course, I don't actually expect nor want it to be done, I just think the MU is pretty decent (Grima vs Zamasu/Goku Black is also a good one)

Actually its Dimitri since they're looking for a Guts mu

Was referring to Cyber not yours

Sly vs Lupin is such a based matchup and it makes me sad that they'd likely never fight each other on DB if they ever get in, Sly is unfortunately more likely to be put up against Rouge than he is Lupin

Yeah it's not great when everyone and their mother already knows who'd win, who would ever think Rouge would win that fight when Sly can just jump and press the circle button to instantly win
Game mechanics brain says Sly Cooper wins.
Everyone else (include game lore brain) says Rouge wins so hard it is not funny.

They had Zatanna win.

Fate is from the same series as Zatanna. They'd probably say they're comparable (I don't personally know enough to say if they are) and then the episode is still "correct"
strange is better than wanda
So Wanda < Strange < Nelson/Nabu < Zee right?
Knew it.

Hey, are there any thematic matchups for Barry and Wally outside of rivalries?
Dunno. Most of the time Flash characters are pit against other "time manipulation characters" and "speed manipulation characters" - you know, they are "the Scarlet Speedsters" and "fastest men alive".

There is surprisingly Barry Allen / Wally West vs Peter Parker. And somehow a video exists. And we know what happens.

How good is Flash... Gordon vs D- Buck Rogers?

I do not blame them for hating Eren Yeager for Eren later being written from a freedom fighter to a far-left to far-right swinging Hitler / Stalin reincarnated - and Hollywood being "obliged" to follow Democratic Party orders.

But oh man Eren does die to most of the popular choices - against Ken Kaneki and against Yuichiro Hyakuya. He definitely gets mopped by Ultraman (Ultra Series).

First Fire Emblem character to enter Death Battle
Likely Marth, Chrom, Lucina or Byleth - oh also Dimitri (and the Three Houses Battle Royale).

Somehow a spite matchup of Claude vs Hiccup exists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back