• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually... Kirito vs Shiroe or Maple is just common sense or first thing I can think of considering they are all "normal human joins a multiplayer online game and gets an online avatar which gets super strong". Like if you have watched SAO, Log Horizon and Bofuri (even just one episode from each), you would realise that these matchups can instinctively come up.
Im perfectly aware what LH and Bofuri are, yet arent really clicking as much, Matrix is sorta the same thing as them and SAO but more popular by comparison
While The Matrix is a globally successful movie series and SAO somehow is a novel verse that is at least heard of worldwide.
SAO should be at least heard of, since msny isekais kinda kickstarted from it and its a decade old anime wise
Meanwhile Neo stomps over Kirito in a lot of ways among debaters as well as normies.
Not sure if Matrix profiles are accurate these days to say that, let alone if that ever happens be having Death Battle think the same

I can see Sinestro getting increasingly ticked at Terumi as the fight goes on. For a guy who's all about order and keeping everything in it's place, a completely chaotic, ungovernable force like Terumi is everything he despises. The dialogue just writes itself.
Yeah. I mean, look at this dude.

unknown.png

He does not give a single **** he's tied to a chair and is about to be hit by an instant kill move.

It ain't gonna do shit to him in the long term

Recently found out about this MU, sounded kinda cool to me, so i made a thumbnail for it.
forgotten.png

Ragna the Bloodedge vs Koishi Komeiji (Blazblue vs Touhou)
Connections: Both were forgotten by everyone (Koishi closed her third eye, which resulted into her being forgotten before the story began and Ragna being forgotten at the very end). One regrets this action that they only did for themselves (Koishi) while the other felt it was a necessary thing they had to do to save everyone (Ragna). However, one person (Satori and Rachel) held onto the faint memory of them and misses them dearly. Both had a demon inside of their bodies that everyone was scared of (Third eye and Black beast) so they locked them deep inside of them, Koishi locked it away from the world while the Ragna used it to his advantage. Both also have a sibling (Satori Komeji and Jin Kisaragi) who is more successful than them but most of the time, they just go off and do their own thing. However, they still really love their family. Both have pretty deceiving looks (Koishi looks like a cute anime girl and is extremely childish but has a secret dark side while Ragna looks like a total "edgelord" and is Mature but has a secret nice side). Both also have a theme with hope (Koishi wanted to Gain the Emotion of Hope while Ragna Embodied that Hope for others). Both steal things but they really don't care. Both were enemies to the entire world but, later on in life, gained more meaningful realntionships with others. Both also use bladed weapons in combat (Koishi uses her knife and Ragna uses his sword, Aramasa).

Last edited:
I mean don't really see the point of doing lesser incarnations of comics book characters
Because the lesser versions have better connections and a rivalry, which is something a lot of modern DBs don't have nowadays. Death Battle should also do more mus using specific versions/points in time and not just doing composite comic characters every single time.

We bitch about DB doing capeshit yet we're supposed to be fine with using diet coke version of the same characters
No one complains about DB using Marvel and DC in general its just that they're spammed beyond belief and not spread out at all this season, hell we're probably gonna get 2 DCs back to back and after Thor vs Vegeta 2 Marvels back to back. Doesn't help that most of the time when they spam these they're usually terrible episodes.

Because the lesser versions have better connections and a rivalry, which is something a lot of modern DBs don't have nowadays. Death Battle should also do more mus using specific versions/points in time and not just doing composite comic characters every single time.
What rivalry MCU been kicking DCEU ass for years and Said rivalry is just Marvel vs DC but films edition
What's next Marvel vs DC but Cartoons edition?

Trying to stick to one specific version of the character is a waste of time (depending ) cause you want the characters at there peak of there power

No one complains about DB using Marvel and DC in general its just that they're spammed beyond belief and not spread out at all this season, hell we're probably gonna get 2 DCs back to back and after Thor vs Vegeta 2 Marvels back to back. Doesn't help that most of the time when they spam these they're usually terrible episodes.
Where the hell have you been folks complain over DB using too much Marvel and DC numerous especially due to the fuckery from S7 which the complaints had the crew acknowledge they were using too much last year

I'm honestly tired of Marvel and DC constantly showing up too but if they whip out that Unicron vs Galactus or Kyle vs Simon then I won't mind as much. If they're gonna do a straight up Marvel vs DC Matchup anytime soon, then please for the love of God be Moon Knight vs Azrael or Bullseye vs Deadshot.

We still complain over them doing it regardless
A capeshit Mu is fine if it's interesting

Film edition version ain't interesting at all for an episode
I think it could be interesting because of the more limited powersets, most modern DC vs Marvel MUs like to do random one time abilities like Zatanna reaching out of the comic pages or Lex's 2D dimension thing as a little "Hey remember when we said that in the analysis??? There it is you paid attention!!" With the DCEU and MCU's more limited movesets they'd be forced to be more creative with how the characters attack and interact with their surroundings, sort of like matches like Jack vs Afro or Snake vs Sam in a way.

I'm honestly tired of Marvel and DC constantly showing up too but if they whip out that Unicron vs Galactus or Kyle vs Simon then I won't mind as much. If they're gonna do a straight up Marvel vs DC Matchup anytime soon, then please for the love of God be Moon Knight vs Azrael or Bullseye vs Deadshot.
I'm fine with them doing them I just hate when they do multiple in a row or they give one with a lot of potential 0 budget, the last season did a good job of spreading them all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back