• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2020/2021 meaning not long
OK, but G1 blog is for people who can become researchers. Not for active researchers. And considering someone who's a good friend of multiple Death Battle staff actively dislikes Megatron vs Frieza, feel like that cancels it out.

And with how many people actively dislike Megatron vs Frieza as a matchup at this point...

Like, my guy, you're an endangered species.

Edit: At this point, IMO, it's a genuine toss-up between Frieza vs Megatron, Frieza vs anyone else, or Frieza just not appearing on the show. I'd personally be fine with Frieza vs Megatron, but it's nowhere near a lock.

Last edited:
ojKekTX1BC3uMDBpK8vljqOV4Deb9tORiZ7mdkVnEmdhtIcAbDSOhYYmdCAkfRVbkieaZeGTWAX6nQ=s640-nd-v1
By "focusing on newer franchises" and "one nobody's heard before" I bet they mean one new franchises nowadays Americans talk about and one that nowadays Americans do not talk /has stopped to talk about.

So technically Harley Quinn vs Jinx and Tanjiro Kamado vs Jonathan Joestar already fills the slot.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a new franchise 🤓
So are Thor: Love and Thunder and Dragon Ball Super: Super Heroes. Guess why is there the fulfilled leak of two characters from two new franchises?

And considering someone who's a good friend of multiple Death Battle staff actively dislikes Megatron vs Frieza, feel like that cancels it out.
Smashor listen to me and actually think of what you just said
if you generally believe Ben and Chad Gives a GOD GIVEN **** over what some DB reviewer has to say on what MU they should do or not then you need to layoff whatever drugs ur on cause they sure as shit ain't hitting

Nemesis is a friend of Orgin who doesn't decides the MU
You know how who does? Ben and Whoever aboves him
not the animators But Ben and RT Higher ups
And with how many people actively dislike Megatron vs Frieza as a matchup at this point...
a Vocal minority means shit to the majority next thing ya gonna tell me Twitter represents all of America now?

Think for an actual second

Read this and this time do it

"No way there gonna do Reverse Flash vs Goku Black"

and what happened?

Thinking its not a lock is down the line is straight up Copium
And I was correct that they would never do Korra vs Rey due to the origins of the matchup being purely spite. I'm 1 for 2 here, Tipper. My predictions are exactly 50% accurate.

The vocal character versus debating communities
The silent character versus debating communities
The general ACGN audience
The general public
The minds of production crew (animators and behind the scenes staff and more)
The minds of Ben Singer and people who worked closely with him for long
The minds of any management team members of Rooster Teeth
They have different views and minds

It would be necessary for the management of Rooster Teeth to understand the voices from different sectors and make the right decision.
The management hired the Death Battle crew led by the Death Battle heads and the whole Death Battle production crew make shows. The shows are viewed by the public audience and then they earn and the management earn ad income and subscription income and pay the production crew and anything else.

Sometimes the ideas may not match, and the show flopped.

Oh I really need to go back to work now.

And I was correct that they would never do Korra vs Rey due to the origins of the matchup being purely spite. I'm 1 for 2 here, Tipper. My predictions are exactly 50% accurate.
that wasn't even true at all lol
Ultraguy even said this in yates server and the MU could still happened if folks gave shit about it still lol
so thats not even true anymore

so once again but with emphasis
"Think for an actual ******* second"

that wasn't even true at all lol
Ultraguy even said this in yates server and the MU could still happened if folks gave shit about it still lol
so thats not even true anymore

so once again but with emphasis
"Think for an actual ******* second"
And how accurate are your predictions, huh? People keep saying that Goku Black vs Reverse-Flash makes me less credible, not even realizing that near the end that was mostly ironic and dedication to the bit.

And how about you think?

They haven't used Transformers on the show in years and have shown almost no interest in doing so. Not to mention, Korra vs Rey's infamy was part of the reason it was chosen to go unused. You know what other matchup is infamous? You guessed it.

And you claim that the Frieza vs Megatron detractors are a vocal minority, but do you have an ounce of proof for this claim? No. No, you don't. And people have claimed that they're in the silent majority before. Anonymous polls are probably the best source for this sort of thing.

In fact, I made a poll just like this asking who Ridley should fight some time ago, when Ridley vs Vilgax and Ridley vs Rayquaza fans swore up and down they were the silent majority, that people actually loved those matchups over Ridley vs Vile and just weren't saying anything. And guess what? The so-called vocal minority actually was the most popular by far, what a shock.

We will get Vegeta vs Thor, Tetsuo vs Magneto, and then Boba vs Star Lord; we get a break immediately afterward.
That is totally foreseeable:
Except we have technically Tetsuo Shima vs Mewtwo as a popular option
And Boba Fett vs Predator as a popular option (remember Boba Fett vs Predator has been promoted as a Community Death Battle so it may boost some popularity)
wait a break after 6 episodes?
Like what break? Like we have only six episodes for the first half of season nine? Now that is a big shock. No wonder the crew did not exactly confirm the actual episodes to show for Season 9 first half IG

So in case ur ears are ****** let me you get the Memo

For FriezaTron not to happen you have to and i repeat
Find a Strong Alternative for both Keyword STRONG
nd how accurate are your predictions, huh? People keep saying that Goku Black vs Reverse-Flash makes me less credible, not even realizing that near the end that was mostly ironic and dedication to the bit.

And how about you think?

They haven't used Transformers on the show in years and have shown almost no interest in doing so. Not to mention, Korra vs Rey's infamy was part of the reason it was chosen to go unused. You know what other matchup is infamous? You guessed it.

And you claim that the Frieza vs Megatron detractors are a vocal minority, but do you have an ounce of proof for this claim? No. No, you don't. And people have claimed that they're in the silent majority before. Anonymous polls are probably the best source for this sort of thing.

In fact, I made a poll just like this asking who Ridley should fight some time ago, when Ridley vs Vilgax and Ridley vs Rayquaza fans swore up and down they were the silent majority, that people actually loved those matchups over Ridley vs Vile and just weren't saying anything. And guess what? The so-called vocal minority actually was the most popular, what a shock.
they been more accurate than yours with the exception of s7
it seems you keep forgetting think so let me help you understand this time

They haven't Used Various Franchises in awhile doesn't mean they won't use them down the line

Comparing Korra vs Rey to Frieizatron is one of the dumbest things ur ass had spewed
Here's the key difference between Korra vs Rey and Frieza vs Megatron

Korra and Rey had the whole "Which girl is responsible for leading down a well-respected franchise down the *******" theme that easily have folks turn off from

Friezatron issues are no different than any other Mu that folks luved and feel whatever other with any other MU

no where comparable

In fact, I made a poll just like this asking who Ridley should fight some time ago, when Ridley vs Vilgax and Ridley vs Rayquaza fans swore up and down they were the silent majority, that people actually loved those matchups over Ridley vs Vile and just weren't saying anything. And guess what? The so-called vocal minority actually was the most popular, what a shock.

Yes they the vocal minority
most didn't Want Shadow vs Ryuko and guess what it happen because it Was both characters most popular MU between the two
Most didn't Want Lex vs Doom and wanted Gil and gues what it didn't happened because it was both most popular MU
Lets go to Asura vs Broly most everybody that even the researchers and guess who Broly faced
The Hulk who the Majority wanted

and using Reddit of all places to prove ur point is lol tier not even worth consideration
Like, Tipper, you unironically sound like those Morbius people when you talk about Megatron vs Frieza.
Smashor plz for once know WTF ur talking about
Try not to project okay its not cute

Not saying that the Death Battle crew "likes" Frieza vs Megatron "the most"
But Frieza and Megatron are definitely on the radar thanks to the Community Death Battle of Frieza vs "Galvatron" (why not just make Frieza vs Megatron already is beyond me), so even if Frieza vs Megatron may not exist, the crew will find good opponents (in their mind) for them.

To minimize misunderstanding... We know that we have polls and MU pics to estimate popularity of MUs... Also blogs. And sometimes thread posts in forums.
How do we estimate popularity of matchups among the general public? (As MUs spread among the different communities may not match with the public and hell they may not match with different communities)
Like by what shows are on cinemas and what games are launched for sale? ...
By this logic we should have had an Arceus MU and some Moon Knight matchup and Kamala Khan MU floating already. One Pirates of the Caribbean MU and one Mera MU may also happen because of that court case.

We know that we have polls and MU pics to estimate popularity of MUs... Also blogs. And sometimes thread posts in forums.
How do we estimate popularity of matchups among the general public? (As MUs spread among the different communities may not match with the public and hell they may not match with different communities)
Death Battle Request Form
DBD,Various DB Servers
Youtube
Twitter
Reddit
Casuals
not in order but the gist

Tipper, people can't so much as mention Megatron vs Frieza without you sounding like an entitled child. You literally cannot accept any criticism to the matchup without going on a swear-filled rant and crying like a little baby, calling anyone who opposes you the most derogatory terms you can get away with saying here.

Even with Goku Black vs Reverse-Flash, I could at least mention it in gest. I didn't consider people who actively wanted the matchup to be idiots. I simply pointed out flaws I saw in the matchup.

Some of what you say genuinely makes sense, but it's hard to hear your good points over you screaming at everyone who opposes you at the top of your lungs.

Maybe more people would listen to you if you were a little bit less rude. When you just try to swear away any and all complaints, people aren't going to take you as seriously. Could you please just try to be a little bit more civil?

Last edited:
Tipper, people can't mention Megatron vs Frieza without sounding like an entitled child. You literally cannot accept any criticism to the matchup without going on a swear-filled rant and crying like a little baby, calling anyone who opposes you the most derogatory terms you can get away with saying here.

Even with Goku Black vs Reverse-Flash, I could at least mention it in gest. I didn't consider people who actively wanted the matchup to be idiots. I simply pointed out flaws I saw in the matchup.

Some of what you say genuinely makes sense, but it's hard to hear your good points over you screaming at everyone who opposes you at the top of your lungs.

Maybe more people would listen to you if you were a little bit less rude. When you just try to swear away any and all complaints, people aren't going to take you as seriously. Could you please just try to be a little bit more civil?
Spare me the nonsense i have stated numerous times in the past and even now the MU animation dynamic is tricky and has flaws so don't try to play this "hurr durr you can't handle critique for X Mu" BS i stated it's about execution at the end of the day any MU (good or bad) relies on Execution

i only respect folks if they didn't vibe with it from the start or just don't care for ot ,but no most of it stems from one DB Critic video for why he didn't like a Mu now all of a sudden folks treat his word like the WOG when he said himself to form your own ******* opinions and not to treat his like the gospel

i don't care what folks have to say let alone the DB hypocritical Bi-Polar ass community that ride a MU dick than drop it for a new one and get mad that DB does it when they requested it in the first place

Don't lecture me on being Civil when ur ass wanna throw shade over it so by all means hush

Last edited:
How do we estimate popularity of matchups among the general public?
Death Battle Request Form
DBD,Various DB Servers
Youtube
Twitter
Reddit
Casuals
not in order but the gist
I get some of your idea.
Though... Personally I would consider
1. "Death Battle Request Form" as just forms that can be filled by anyone provided one finds it in the first place. Again, links are there pasted on official YouTube channel, Twitter, etc.
2. "Death Battle Discord", "Various DB Servers" are just yet other character versus communities in my opinion.
The "quirk" of Death Battle Discord though is that some production crew are invited into the crew for a look and they may actually leave anything the management feels like they can leak so that some leaks from DBD may actually carry some value
3. And the terms of "casuals"... Can you elaborate? It can mean anything that is on social media like YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, etc. Oh Death Battle has its YouTube channel, Twitter and Instagram and Tiktok AFAIK (aside from the Rooster Teeth official website)

... I hope I am the one who has been calm all along, as if it seems to me most of you are not. It can be me under Kyōka Suigetsu or Tsukuyomi.

Last edited:
Jesus u can't even get that right My response was to Tots over whether it can work not the ******* meme u ninny ur ass want to keep it going when I was already done talking about it
I had things to say on the subject.

I honestly think you should take a break from this community for at least a short time. You're starting to become far too passionate about this. You're taking this far too seriously. You're insulting people because they want a fictional mewtwo-looking alien to fight a fictional robot that transfroms into a gun less than you do.

I had things to say on the subject.

I honestly think you should take a break from this community for at least a short time. You're starting to become far too passionate about this. You're taking this far too seriously. You're insulting people because they want a fictional mewtwo-looking alien to fight a fictional robot that transfroms into a gun less than you do.
Smashor I begging you to actually think for a moment
Genuinely think for a Moment
And drop it

May anyone please stay away from the topic of Frieza or Megatron for at least 4 hours?

I fear this may lead to a massacre once Ant or other bureaucrats and administrators come in. This has devolved into personal attacks against each other and any attempt to cool the temperature may have fanned the flame instead.

Just for clarification: am I out of the flame all along? I believe I am not deserving for any possible punishment for the literal one page of replies of spites.

I want to drop it, but you need to think too. Why on earth are you getting so upset because people want funny hohohohoho man to fight gun robot less than you and have legitimate criticism about it?
Ur not considering ur still pushing it
So like I said drop it
May anyone please stay away from the topic of Frieza or Megatron for at least 4 hours?

I fear this may lead to a massacre once Ant or other bureaucrats and administrators come in. This has devolved into personal attacks against each other and any attempt to cool the temperature may have fanned the flame instead.

Just for clarification: am I out of the flame all along? I believe I am not deserving for any possible punishment for the literal one page of replies of spites.
This topic is done with anyways
4tdcm8lxedw81.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back