• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok no spoilers, rant time.

**** NEXT TIME

Its been absolutely miserable for 5 months in DB. And not just because of comics overuse (also I predicted comics being next being possible, haha :^)) in fact its besides that. Constant smug Thor fans smackering has been painful, not to mention other minor stuff like 4Chan's Thorposting. And its going to get worse.

Its been worsened by Marvel being even worse in stories, spaceship Hulk and the Nth time they **** Peter from MJ. I have lost so much enjoyment for comics in last 3-4 years. ******* Toyotaro is better writer than modern Marvel.

God forbid the comics wank because we cant use consistency anymore. I actually read Immortal Hulk & Cates' Venom, and the stuff G1 and others filtered to wank them sucks. And no Cal, just because nigh everything else gets wanked, including DBS, doesnt justify it.

Now, I'm blatantly DBS sounding fan, so does Vegeta win? If they use an iota of Thorforce well what the **** do you think?

The real catch is DB is still mysterious. Who the **** knows what they'll use besides an EVEN FASTER THOR lol

Rooting Vegeta, betting on misery and also praying next time is better time.
We need more Western animation on Death Battle.

I shouldnt dare to hope, but in some cases Vegeta does have a chance.

Via technicality, by Vegeta matching post-wish Granolah, he matches million x Uni Broly, and thats a lowball. And potentially they could try to make him match Granolah seemingly beating instant transmission.

He still loses HARD to high-ends of Thor, but... I'm not sure they'll use those? And will updated middle-end Thor be enough? I dunno...

Do we expect them to make Thor match say Wanda?

I shouldnt dare to hope, but in some cases Vegeta does have a chance.

Via technicality, by Vegeta matching post-wish Granolah, he matches million x Uni Broly, and thats a lowball. And potentially they could try to make him match Granolah seemingly beating instant transmission.

He still loses HARD to high-ends of Thor, but... I'm not sure they'll use those? And will updated middle-end Thor be enough? I dunno...

Do we expect them to make Thor match say Wanda?
No Wanda is far above Skyfathers at her peak
Unless they give Thor Rune King that ain't happening

Copy n paste from Phantom
"The Marvel universe is stated to be 1 trillion light years in radius. Compared to our own observable universe, the Marvel universe would be about 10,000x bigger. Given Hyperion survived the destruction of two of those universes (and likely more. Agent of Asgard implies Incursion destroys the other 10 realms too), that would boost Thor from 20,000-100,000x universal

Vegeta however can match this power output with multipliers"

The only speed buff is SSBE being compared to KKx20, so they can only add x20 to speed.

If they do not make a single Marvel Uni infinite, and cap Thor at only Uni, Vegeta has a chance.

"The Marvel universe is stated to be 1 trillion light years in radius. Compared to our own observable universe, the Marvel universe would be about 10,000x bigger. Given Hyperion survived the destruction of two of those universes (and likely more. Agent of Asgard implies Incursion destroys the other 10 realms too), that would boost Thor from 20,000-100,000x universal

Of course Phantom would say this lol

Okay and?
I have the right to disgaree with ur opinion it goes both ways
You nitpick and I can disgaree with it
My points are not nitpicks, I find them major.

You can disagree, but don't be an asshole about it by saying that my issues don't hold any water and that I'm on to something because I find the animation shanky.

Assuming that they have Base Vegeta scaling to BoG SSjG Goku at the very least.

Base < SSj1 (50x Multiplier) < SSj2 (2x Multiplier) < SSj3 (4x Multiplier) < SSjG < SSjB (50x Multiplier) < SSJBE (20x Multiplier) < Ultra Ego

U7's Volume = 9x Universal.

9 x 50 x 2 x 4 x 50 x 20 = +3,600,000x Universal.

And if we do the same with Speed.

Shockwave Speed = 240 Quadrillion c.

240 x 50 x 2 x 4 x 50 x 20 = +96 Sextillion c.

All of this without consider any training, power increases or additional multipliers for SSjG or Ultra Ego.

I felt Tanjiro vs Jonathan was pretty good, but I think my lack of experience with either Demon Slayer or Jojo is probably colouring my perception a bit. Fake out was good, track was nice but nothing mind blowing, voice acting was pretty good (even though I can't comment on accuracy to either shows dub), just overall a solid episode. 8/10.

As for Thor vs Vegeta ... while I have reservations about another comic matchup this soon (and the fact it's our 4th teased character in a row, and the fact it's a matchup with 2 returning characters), I'm sure it'll be one of those episodes that turns out fantastic in spite of all that. Vegeta and Thor both have fantastic sprites to use, has fun banter potential, it could genuinely wind up being one of the best fights of the season if it plays its cards right. Call me reasonably optimistic. Money's on Thor, heart's hoping for Vegeta.

If nothing else, hearing Lanipator come back for Vegeta is going to be a treat. Hopefully they give him the Alucard treatment where it's mostly sticking to canon personality, but they throw in a reference to the abridged series for good measure ("What's a God ... TO A NON-BELIEVER? was practically MADE for this episode).

As an aside, I previous stated (either in this thread or the Season 8 one), I recently commissioned Thaal Sinestro vs Yuki Terumi to Brandon. Listed below is general points about the commission direction, would be nice to get second opinions so I don't miss something obvious.
  • Track name is Fear the Worst.
  • Terumi's reference tracks are Silent Scream and Evildoer.
  • Sinestro doesn't really have a "set" theme, so I had to get more creative. Best I got was Weaponers/Sinestro from the First Light movie, but sinister nods to Emerald Heroes/Will of the Drill are likely to get incorporated as well.
  • The track will have a more ominous tone to it (think Chorus of Carnage or Resident Rising).
  • The track will pick up significantly around the halfway mark (marking both characters going into their "super modes").
  • No vocal version.
  • 4 minute track.
Thoughts? Did I miss anything?

Also for the Phoenix scaling, Thor most likely gets it to some degree as even pre-Odin Force and such, he was able to take a full hit from the Phoenix Force and even stunned it, and in the future King Thor straight up fights Phoenix Force Wolverine and they were relatively even (Though Thor wasn't wanting to fight Wolverince so it could even be argued he was holding back).

Base Thor also has skyfather scaling BEFORE he took the Odinforce, without Mjolnir, he was actually taking on and fighting off Celestials with the avengers, and actually was doing much better than Godkiller Mark 2 Ironman.

Don't forget that Vegeta is also stronger than Broly in the Manga if they do a Composite, so....
He's still got this going for him at least and we saw the absurd number they gave Broly against Hulk.

Also, do you guys think we'll finally get Galactus vs Unicron this Season? It's all about bigger Vllains, Heroes and Fights if the Trailer is to be believed.

He's still got this going for him at least and we saw the absurd number they gave Broly against Hulk.

Also, do you guys think we'll finally get Galactus vs Unicron this Season? It's all about bigger Vllains, Heroes and Fights if the Trailer is to be believed.
Nope
Only if we know the status of the on house team

Ok no spoilers, rant time.

**** NEXT TIME

Its been absolutely miserable for 5 months in DB. And not just because of comics overuse (also I predicted comics being next being possible, haha :^)) in fact its besides that. Constant smug Thor fans smackering has been painful, not to mention other minor stuff like 4Chan's Thorposting. And its going to get worse.

Its been worsened by Marvel being even worse in stories, spaceship Hulk and the Nth time they **** Peter from MJ. I have lost so much enjoyment for comics in last 3-4 years. ******* Toyotaro is better writer than modern Marvel.

God forbid the comics wank because we cant use consistency anymore. I actually read Immortal Hulk & Cates' Venom, and the stuff G1 and others filtered to wank them sucks. And no Cal, just because nigh everything else gets wanked, including DBS, doesnt justify it.

Now, I'm blatantly DBS sounding fan, so does Vegeta win? If they use an iota of Thorforce well what the **** do you think?

The real catch is DB is still mysterious. Who the **** knows what they'll use besides an EVEN FASTER THOR lol

Rooting Vegeta, betting on misery and also praying next time is better time.

For next time I’d personally bet on Thor even if they don’t use his current iteration. Vegeta debatably takes AP but Thor can one shot with God Blast, brings more versatility and hax to the table (by a wide margin), and most notably, is significantly faster. They already have DBS characters a lot slower than this site it seems (Beerus and Broly were slower than Hulk and Galaxia; Goku Black was only quintillions despite multipliers being a thing) and tend go hard with comic speed scaling, so I’m expecting them to scale Thor to stuff like Loki flying to Asgard in a microsecond, Valkyrie scouring every point in the ten realms in the blink of an eye, or maybe even X-Man fighting within Planck time like they mentioned in Wanda vs Zatanna.

Though if they use All-Father Thor it just boils down to “Thor is infinitely stronger so he wins by hitting Vegeta once”

JoJo vs Tanjiro was an 8/10 to me, fight, OST, and VAs were good, Jonathan powering through getting stabbed was badass, and the the research seemed accurate(?) but I don’t have experience powerscaling either. Only critique is Jonathan’s wonky Sprite.

I watched the db reaction via nemesis. I'm not giving deathbattle a view for such a wrong episode conclusion.
They really had to stretch to give Jonathan a win didn't they? They said well light speed is just standard in jojos everybody has been lightspeed sense part 1.
At that point why not just have dio without a stand fighting tanjuro? If Dios head on Jonathan's body is the same as Jonathan's head on Jonathan's body. Jonathan would totally be able to punch as hard as stands lol.
And seriously Jon crying over killing some kid? Can he be more out of character?

5c4c78d494e5f57f153137e66028e2ea.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back