• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, not so long ago I shat on JoyCap's favorite Gunvolt matchup against Zeke because it's connections were on a base level and primarily based on Gunvolt's connection with Joule compared to a Driver and Blade in Xenoblade, which technically no longer exists by the end of Gunvolt 2. And while I still stand by that matchup being slightly above mid at best for GV compared to his other matchups (Around at the same level as Star Force Mega Man and maybe Ky from Guilty Gear), I do have another matchups between a Xenoblade character and an Azure Striker that IMO is the best for the latter at least.

SPOILER_ThisFacelessBlade.jpg

"This Faceless Blade"
Fiora vs Blade
Xenoblade Chronicles vs Azure Striker Gunvolt
  • Both characters are sisters to a major supporting protagonist in their respective games (Dunban and Kohaku)​
  • Both fought against a force attempting to wipe out humanity (The Mechon and the Sumeragi Institute of Human Evolution) in an effort that buys time for their allies to ultimately survive, seemingly at the cost of their own lives.​
  • However, instead of dying, they're transformed into the group that they were fighting against (Fiora becoming part Mechon and Blade becoming an Adept), and were brainwashed to become high-ranking soldiers in these armies.​
  • They also inherit something from a long-dead character (Meyneth's soul and Gunvolt's Septima)​
  • Both are later directly controlled by a main antagonist (Egil and Demerzel), but manage to break out of this control and regain their old memories, eventually using the powers they gained to help the heroes stop them once and for all.​

I also think it could be amazing as a fight, even if it's a pretty blatant stomp in Fiora's favor. Not only is it a swordfight, which IMO have amazing potential to begin with by default, but there's real potential for the fight to progress in an interesting way. It could start with both in their default states, before having both of them overridden, only for the fight to become so intense that both manage to break out of their control (Shown by both breaking out of their masks), and beginning to fight not for their mission, but so that they can see their loved ones again.
Hey Smashor, you got the favorite matchups of a series chart? I'm planning on doing one for SMT and general megaten matchups

SMG4? Mario parodies? Well, Mario can cause the apocalypse on those videos. Maybe Star is a good opponet for SMG4 Mario, since they both are idiots who can cause the apocalypse with their own ineptitude.
Anyone remember has Cartoon Fight Club done those matchups?

I believe the OG Jojo explained why he has to kill the duo but the eldest brother refuse to defend but rather let his younger sister leave.

I believe that is Sigurd from the critically-acclaimed Fire Emblem series.
Looking into the profile... he does not have a lot of titles related to the sun iirc. He does have a Silver Sword and a Light Brand, just not something "sun-related" afaik.

How long does Therewolf or Yates or Skye usually takes from receiving an order payment to realising a song to publishing on the Internet? Curious when the Xmas giveaway song is actually going to launch.

After reading into the profiles of Tetsuo Shima (Manga) vs (a) Magneto (Marvel Comics), (b) Mewtwo and (c) Shinji Ikari... how do you feel about Tetsuo or Magneto vs (d) Accelerator?

Tets and Mags do have several opponents of choice eh.

aI5X6Yf.png

What is the software that was running in the picture?

****, Shos gonna eat Diavolo alive
Yeah. Outerversal persona means a lot of characters eat their MU opponents alive. Aigis still loses to Noel Vermillion.

And why that matters? Not all suggestions above are that either, i think only Kurumi is
Not that matters in one way.

Just giving hints whom Mr. Negative can fight against given his powers.

Spoiler tab anything from "the campfire meeting" not yet open to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back