• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't judge the VA, I don't watch dubs, so not sure if that how they should sound like. The lack of fight set up does work here me thinks because it's straight to the point: Jonathan wants to harm Nezuko and Tanjiro protects her. I had similiar concerns with Madara vs Aizen and that turned out fine, so I think I should remain positive that everything else the song, choreography, hand-drawn elements makes up for the off putting models

from a user
mugen community doesn't look highly on ppl stealing their work, and there might be weird legalities to asking for permission (edited)

or something idk
they've used mugen sprites without permission a billion times before so there shouldn't be an issue, just credit them and its probably fine enough
On a related note Death Battle needs to credit sprite artists better if they're not made by themselves
(Technically we all see the sprites used in the episode before the sneak peek so no spoiler tabs)

IMO one reason they used an inferior sprite over a better one is to match the theme of the other opponent whose sprite just has another style.
And proper credits and even permissions are separate issues.

Typical "Jonathan mistook Nezuko as one of Dio's minions" case.

Separate topic: Jonathan did lose his sword early, just to regain it at the end of the sneak peek (Not even a minute)

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220419-141725_Discord2.jpg

I know that there is no good scenario for Jonathan and Tanjiro to fight to the death that wouldn't be completely out of character or require a long set-up, but it's a bit disheartening to see Jonathan be so out for blood like a ******* meathead. The wonky sprites don't help matters either.

I know that there is no good scenario for Jonathan and Tanjiro to fight to the death that wouldn't be completely out of character or require a long set-up, but it's a bit disheartening to see Jonathan be so out for blood like a ******* meathead. The wonky sprites don't help matters either.
I mean it is pretty clear what they’re going for, he thinks Nezuko is one of Dio’s minions, Tanjiro doesn’t try to explain what she really is and just goes to defend her, making Jonathan think the boy is under control and needs to be saved. I imagine by the end Jonathan will realize he has no way to “save” Tanjiro and will be forced to kill him.

I mean it is pretty clear what they’re going for, he thinks Nezuko is one of Dio’s minions, Tanjiro doesn’t try to explain what she really is and just goes to defend her, making Jonathan think the boy is under control and needs to be saved. I imagine by the end Jonathan will realize he has no way to “save” Tanjiro and will be forced to kill him.
Yeah like when Tanjiro uses his mark form and "extra-dimensional" power... Jonathan will be "convinced" Tanjiro "is a bigger threat" than Dio could be.

Oh will Death Battle give Tanjiro universe level by creating a pocket dimension of a universe? He is not the only one who "can do so". (So much wank)

The preview is not so bad. And I see that Tanjiro manages to give JoJo some trouble in sword clash, but JoJo hasn't used any Hamon yet and Tanjiro's advantage is likely to show that he has better training.

So, not so long ago I shat on JoyCap's favorite Gunvolt matchup against Zeke because it's connections were on a base level and primarily based on Gunvolt's connection with Joule compared to a Driver and Blade in Xenoblade, which technically no longer exists by the end of Gunvolt 2. And while I still stand by that matchup being slightly above mid at best for GV compared to his other matchups (Around at the same level as Star Force Mega Man and maybe Ky from Guilty Gear), I do have another matchups between a Xenoblade character and an Azure Striker that IMO is the best for the latter at least.

SPOILER_ThisFacelessBlade.jpg

"This Faceless Blade"
Fiora vs Blade
Xenoblade Chronicles vs Azure Striker Gunvolt
  • Both characters are sisters to a major supporting protagonist in their respective games (Dunban and Kohaku)​
  • Both fought against a force attempting to wipe out humanity (The Mechon and the Sumeragi Institute of Human Evolution) in an effort that buys time for their allies to ultimately survive, seemingly at the cost of their own lives.​
  • However, instead of dying, they're transformed into the group that they were fighting against (Fiora becoming part Mechon and Blade becoming an Adept), and were brainwashed to become high-ranking soldiers in these armies.​
  • They also inherit something from a long-dead character (Meyneth's soul and Gunvolt's Septima)​
  • Both are later directly controlled by a main antagonist (Egil and Demerzel), but manage to break out of this control and regain their old memories, eventually using the powers they gained to help the heroes stop them once and for all.​

I also think it could be amazing as a fight, even if it's a pretty blatant stomp in Fiora's favor. Not only is it a swordfight, which IMO have amazing potential to begin with by default, but there's real potential for the fight to progress in an interesting way. It could start with both in their default states, before having both of them overridden, only for the fight to become so intense that both manage to break out of their control (Shown by both breaking out of their masks), and beginning to fight not for their mission, but so that they can see their loved ones again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back