• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not yet. Just finishing off P3FES The Answer, though.
Shall wait.
hurt-me-you-hurt-me.gif
Well I respect your idea but you are uphill on promoting this idea. I have experienced that myself. I know.
Idk (not to familiar with Touhou and those series). Give me a few examples, and I'll see what I can hook you up with.
Main characters of Touhou Project
I believe my list is not exhaustive but long enough for you to pick a lot of opponents.

This video is 2 years old. I mean it's cool but why did you post it.
Nintendo fans: Are Jump characters that strong? Why is it not Mario and Sonic and Kirby sweeping up everything?
I just love the matchup and think it should comeback but updated. (Now that all the Smash and JF DLC is outta the way and recent Kirby and Sora buffs).

Just a pipe dream.

I dont mind limited connections if they have solid few ones, but Lightning vs Shulk was kinda basic?

also maybe the reason Joycap hates it
*JRPG protagonists that wield unique swords.

*Both almost lost their humanity during their journey.

*Both lost a love one but that said love one "came back" under strange circumstances.

*Both fought enemies that were once human but became monsters (which plays a major plot point in both games).

*Both have cheated death numerous times.

*Both slayed "god" after finding out they were being used a pawns for an epic cosmic scheme.

*Both became "god" and saved reality itself.

Those are all the connections afaik, there are maybe a couple I'm missing but you get the general gist of it.

Snip (list)

I'd probably work better with this list if you could give a concise (yet detailed) list for a handful of these, but Fujiwara no Mokou admittedly caught my eye as an opponent for Luis Virgil (Xenosaga). Assuming this 'elixir' is any allegory for drug abuse (which is similar to what happened with Virgil devouring Realian tissue), I think we could have a good dynamic here. 1300 year immortality is also similar to the status as a Testament, which is effectively a form of immortality in all but name.

Youmu Kanpaku also has one or two options from Xeno, but it's going to take me a bit more time to narrow down an option knowing how light on detail that description is. I would have said Melia (XC1) or Jin Uzuki (Xenosaga) at a glance, but the former's MU spreads are bloated enough as is, and Uzuki... is kind of a weird duck in a VS context anyway (like seriously, how do you help with a Tier 1 threat like Zarathustra, and then have the biggest antifeat death in the series?).

I dont mind limited connections if they have solid few ones, but Lightning vs Shulk was kinda basic?

also maybe the reason Joycap hates it

Not even just that. You yourselves admitted that Lightning has literally nothing else going on, and I'll be dammed if I let someone like Shulk fight someone who has that little to her.

I know that's rich knowing I suggested Ken Amada not a few days ago, but I did admit he had other issues, so it wasn't a conformation of anything.

Nintendo fans: Are Jump characters that strong? Why is it not Mario and Sonic and Kirby sweeping up everything?
I mean Smash would pretty easily sweep, though that's because of 2 characters who aren't even in the animation (Bayo and Shulk). The only real question is weather Aizen could pull some mind bullshit to get the win and honestly that's a bit shetchy, J-Stars Victory VS+ on the other hand that's an whole other story.
I just love the matchup and think it should comeback but updated. (Now that all the Smash and JF DLC is outta the way and recent Kirby and Sora buffs).

Just a pipe dream.
I mean I guess it could be cool.

What battle had had best setup (eq: why the characters fight each other) For me, it is Steven vs Star, since Star wants to make Steven happy, and Steven dosen't want to kill Star but just wants her gone so he can make sandcastles in peace.

And yes, Steven vs Star is one of my all-time favourite episodes.

What battle had had best setup (eq: why the characters fight each other) For me, it is Steven vs Star, since Star wants to make Steven happy, and Steven dosen't want to kill Star but just wants her gone so he can make sandcastles in peace.

Snake vs Sam easily imo (it happens to be my favorite episode lol)

Hey @Joycap you up for a challange? So recently, the director (at least I think that's what his role is) of Dark Deception (that one game that's basically "what if Pac-Man was a first-person horror") did a Q&A livestream on Youtube. One of the questions asked was "Which boss enemy would you want to see in Death Battle?" His first answer was Joy Kill:

And his second answer (as he thought it would be funnier) was the Chef Monkeys:

Admittedly, since the game is still in development, I don't think anybody has taken the time to do calcs or anything (though I know one of the normal enemies is fast enough to keep up with an ambulance), but I figured I would try to see if you got any matchups of the Xeno-variety, since that's kinda your thing. Sorry if this is a bit sudden, though: I literally just got done watching said livestream, and when I saw that question, you were the first person to pop to mind (for some reason).

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Bobobo
I'm going to take a wild guess and say Tottemo Luckyman

Totally unrelated but: how many people have recently applied for commissioning a music? (From Yates, Therewolf, or TehGM or others you can name)

Skye / TehGM
Provisional price list and contact method:

Therewolf Media

Brandon Yates
https://t.co/3rSE94M7SA
Bump

News: I have just saved some money for one commissioned music without starving my family and disrupting my bigger plan.

Be ready to fill with wonder and hope as I may need some time to save money for lodging other commissions and proceeding on my personal life plans.

why when people say Tanjiro has a two kiloton feat they showed this instead

Last edited:
Regardless like I said before it'll be nice to see a combatant to show generous remorse over killing the loser we never had that on DB
Despite my harping on the lack of ending clips now and the heavily missed "FIGHT!" graphic, losing the death aftermath animations is a underspoken tragedy of modern DB's streamlined, corporate approach to everything.

Kind of figured that out, lol.

And yeah, Snake vs Sam is still peak Death Battle in terms of animation. The setup, choreography, story, and finale were all near flawless, with only minor hiccups (arguable song-choice, and the occasional jank in movement).

why when people say Tanjiro has a two kiloton feat they showed this instead

Actually, if DB scales the first JoJo to Dio's stats they said in Dio VS Al, two kiloton feat is still not enough.
Let's be more positive

List you're favorite Mu and why it's ur favorite?
Batman VS Su Huan-Jen. Their decent connections. Their great arsenal. Their cunning tactics. Their dialogues. The music. And another L for DC Comics. The main drawback is "Who's Su Huan-Jen?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back