• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are saying that Tanjiro summons water with water breathing. Which is not the case. Hope they fix it
Maybe it's a golden tree moment? "We calculated the amount of water generated during this waterfall move and it gives us X thousand gallons. To create this amount of water would take Y kilotons of TNT."
Afterwards, "The water wasn't actually real, so we'll use the beginning of series rock cutting which is inferior to Tarkus' cliffside destruction, so Jonathan had Tanjiro beat in strength as well."

IMG_5042.png

IMG_5045.png

Boomstick: And both are two of the strongest Stands out there. Just as strong as Stone Free, which can punch meteors that were pulled to Earth in seconds.
Wiz: By measuring the distance the meteors are from Earth, we can estimate they were moving at over 11 million meters per second. Factoring in their mass, they'd each have a kinetic energy of 441 kilotons of TNT.

Okay Tanjiro is not surviving if Jonathan Joestar scale just even from this.
Anyone think the fight will end in the victor sitting down, hugging the beheaded head of the loser?
I hope not. What's the highest Tanjiro can scale to legitimately?

I'd be sad if that happens.

(Note: The characters speak Japanese, but their dialogue can be seen through subtitles)

Tanjiro Kamado and his sister, Nezuko Kamado, pass a dead squirrel as they walk in the desert and come across a pyramid. They hear an engine in the distance, revealed to be Jonathan Joestar driving his car up to them.

Nezuko: OH NOOOO!!

Jonathan stops his vehicle right in front of the Demon Slayer duo and forms a large dust cloud. Tanjiro scoffs as he unsheathes his sword.

Tanjiro: Who are you?

Jonathan leaps from his car in front of the family as he has a menacing aura surrounding him. Nezuko starts growling at the enemy, but her brother places his hand in front of her.

Tanjiro: Wait, young sis!

Tanjiro then glares at the mysterious man and points at him.

Tanjiro: If you wanna fight... I'll take you on.

Jonathan starts cracking his knuckles and gets into his fighting stance.

Jonathan: Pick the place. It will be where you die.

Tanjiro: You've got some balls!

Nezuko backs up and starts running off as the two warriors face each other.

"Klink Klink Klink Klink Klink FIGHT!"

Oh I begin my busy route now.
Nezuko: You do forget that my mouth is restrained by something.

Even if Tanjiro has better AP, what stops Jonathan mind controlling him at any moment, through the sword if need be? I feel like mind control will be a big deal in this DB.

Like say Tanjiro wrecks Jonathan via superior sword skill and AP but when he's about to behead Jonathan, he gets mind controlled the moment his sword touches Jonathan's neck. Then Jonathan does a quick self healing, walks over to Tanjiro who's struggling to break out and then apologises before stopping his heart. Non-gore death.
This but there's gore anyway

Anyways talked to Ultraguy(he was in Yates Server) and asked on certain stuff and his responses
There's a main researcher per character, and they get notes and calcs on them. Though others can contribute if they want. Then we have a meeting where we discus the outcome. Normally we try to go in with a coherent answer for why a certain character would win.

Question if you're allowed to answer, what characters are considered too obscure/not obscure to be on DB?

I mean I can only give you my "personal" opinion(not an official answer). It depends. Typically being more mainstream helps, but you can also pair more niche characters with more well known ones. Something making a character more relevant also tends to help. (EX.Carnage vs Lucy)

some of this is stuff I largely don't deal with though, But yeah to my knowledge there really aren't any characters or series off the table."
I can tell you what "I" personally look for. But it wouldn't be an official metric for the show. Just my personal opinion. Typically the fights I get the most interested in are ones I think are at least semi realistic to do. So like at least both characters being moderately popular, or from a series that has a notable fanbase. The fight doesn't necessarily need to be even, as long as its interesting. I also tend to look at recurring requests on the reddit, in various servers I'm in or in fan polls. so like for example I was the one who pitched Goku Black Vs Reverse Flash
Dragon Ball is obviously popular, and a lot of people knew who Reverse Flash was due to the memes.
Both where easy to research given we had done similar characters at the time, and it was one of the more interesting Dragon Ball fights I had noticed get popularity in the vs fandom"

Last edited:
Hm, interesting to hear.

I expected something like Ben to have final say but I honestly kinda of expected a group roundtable type thing on MU ideas instead of a final and ultimate say.
Well ideas are put on the table. Ben and Sean and any other person higher in rank in Rooster Teeth have the final say. Guess why we have Korra vs Storm instead of Korra vs Rey or Delsin Rowe.
But sure they at least try to listen to "some" ideas from the colleagues. Like they have Macho Man Randy Savage vs Kool-Aid Man because it is pushed by Chad. They also have Goku Black vs Reverse-Flash because Ultraguy dished the idea.

Well not just Ben but the higher-ups as well
This as always.

Guess why we have Korra vs Storm instead of Korra vs Rey or Delsin Rowe.
also on that his response ...
"I was there when the fight was brought up and later decided on. None of those things where ever brought up by anyone. People are just over thinking it honestly. There's nothing stopping Korra vs Rey from happening at a later point if people want it enough"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back