• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Enerjak?
Enerjak vs Onslaught is pretty good too.

Honestly, beyond Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, there aren't many Archie characters worth using beyond the original ones.
Enerjak biggest problem being on the show is his lack of non-comic appearances since many of his abilities and personality hasn't been displayed in physical motion (since it's a visual medium however, they would have no problem getting his feats). This applies to the other Archie OG cast with some exceptions such as Sally Acorn and Bunnie since they did appeared in that SATAM show, thus they have some personality and interactions to base off of.

Thoughts about Diavolo vs Giovanni?
It's....something, pokemon trainer matches are weird to do
Yeah.

By an extent, Pokémon trainer matches are hard to animate (if one wants to find a non-trainer or non-tamer or non-summoner or non-puppeteer to match against).

And you know what is harder to animate? Characters that uses cards to fight. Like Cardfight Vanguard series and Yugioh series. Don't know how things can go with verses with no visual representation at all. Some may call "yo this gives room for creativity" but given there are so many franchises with visual representation untouched... Likely no.

Last edited:
archie_knuckles_vs_juggernaut_by_madness8_dez6ldj-pre.jpg

There are also mod. gen's custom sprites for Knuckles which they used in DK vs Knuckles, imho they're really good and they can use them again
I feel like they'd want to use a different sprite sheet to signify Archie Knuckles. They used a different one for Sonic (admittedly that's a difference from Season 1 to 7 sprite animation, and Sonic's 2nd bout was 2D animated) and Archie Sonic, and since they've used that sprite before, I feel they'd want to use a different one to indicate Archie Knuckles, since there's some major differences between them.

wait has a DC character ever lost to a non-Marvel character in DB? refresh my memory
Nope, that's why it's been a huge meme. I think the only ones so far that ever had a genuine real chance of actually doing so were Sweet Tooth (against street tier Joker) and Archie Sonic (against herald Wally West), I think.

Jinx unfortunately may be the first to break it, but she'll only be beating a street tier, not a herald, so it'll still sorta hold. Unless she gets ******* trolled with Joker Venom lol or some other secret one shot kill method she has.

It's also part of why some matches like Kyle Rayner vs Simon the Digger, SCP-682 vs Doomsday, and Raidou Kuzunoha vs John Constantine are so popular, because outside of being really fantastic MUs overall with really good fight potential, they're all pretty likely/solid DC losses against a DC Herald as well.

Out of curiosity, do the other Archie characters have matchups, I’d be interested in seeing shadow and silver
It looks like everyone else here has already given pretty good explanations, but yeah:

The only major non-Archie orginals worth using are Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails imo, as they both have pretty major differences between them and their game counterparts imo, such as completely original forms, insane whacky abilities they never had in game, and pretty different storylines etc etc. As much as I love Archie Shadow and Archie Silver, they're much more akin to their original game variants, just much, much stronger and with a few different abilities.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any luck with finding a good opponent for Archie Tails at all, and not anything amazing for Archie Silver (Xeno Trunks, I guess...) though that Archie Shadow MU against Adam Warlock isn't too bad ngl.

In terms of new Archie reps, looking towards some of the original characters could probably bear fruit, such as Scourge (against the aforementioned Xeno Turles), Enerjak, Sally Acorn, Mammoth Mogul, and Shard the Metal Sonic (vs Proto-Man isn't that bad actually) are all Archie originals that could have a decent MU I'd imagine.

Anyone know any characters with a cosmic power level who are suicidal/mentally ill?
Isn't that Sentry's whole thing?

Who'd be a good fight for Zatch from Zatch Bell since you know.
Unfortunately, Pikachu it seems.

I've also heard Godspeed for Shadow, but that just seems like Sonic vs Flash but they're the rivals.
Yeah, I'd say avoiding anymore Flash vs Archie MUs is probably smart since most of them are just different flavors of Archie vs Wally with a maybe different outcome.

feel like they'd want to use a different sprite sheet to signify Archie Knuckles. They used a different one for Sonic (admittedly that's a difference from Season 1 to 7 sprite animation, and Sonic's 2nd bout was 2D animated) and Archie Sonic, and since they've used that sprite before, I feel they'd want to use a different one to indicate Archie Knuckles, since there's some major differences between them.
Yeah which is why I posted the sprite sheets to see which ones would be a good pick to highlight it being Archie Knuckles

Everytime I hear that song I think of the shower edits
It also reminds me of the long queue of evaluation.
(I confess I am part of the ones responsible)

Hey guys, what would you think of V vs Rorschach?
May sound interesting.
And another non-Marvel victory against a DC character. Better as Rorschach does not scale from Batman or Doctor Manhattan.

For the tinfoil, who would be the vocalist(s) working with Brandon Yates? (Given they are "in the group with Brandon")

Last edited:
I mean, not really that much of a victory since its DC vs DC
Okay Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer is a video game vs video game episode but is still funny considering both have DC Comics adaptations

Idk if it’s funny or not but Gray is 5-A lmao

From a feat enlarging the moon
But does it affect Roronoa Zoro vs Erza Scarlet and Natsu Dragneel vs Portgas D Ace and Gray Fullbuster vs Esdeath though

Link please

(Or at least, a comic scan or anime screenshot or clip thanks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back