• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Controversial take

image0.png
Yea, Ultra smoking that shit lol

Also, can we talk about how Thawne being forgiven is the most bullshit ******* thing to ever come out of comics?

His actions weren't even erased, since Barry's mom still died! Like, if Thawne really wanted to just spend time with Barry, he could have tried being an anti hero, or someone who just challenges him to fights on occasion, or otherwise just decided to be a rival of some kind. The fact that they tried to play him off as sympathetic is totally contradictory to what he's always been. The Museum plaque didn't say he was a murderous bastard, Thawne actively chose to do that.

I can respect the effort to make him deeper than a puddle on a sidewalk, but the damage was already done.
Ngl, your version of Thawne sounds more interesting than just "Remember that time your mom died and then you shit your pants? It was me Barry, i killed your mom and made you shit yourself"

Damn, DC's universe is like 75.6 nonillion times larger than than our own.

I was worried for a second there that their number was bigger than Touhou's, but 2hu's universe size feat is still like 120 zeroes longer.

Also, can we talk about how Thawne being forgiven is the most bullshit ******* thing to ever come out of comics?

His actions weren't even erased, since Barry's mom still died! Like, if Thawne really wanted to just spend time with Barry, he could have tried being an anti hero, or someone who just challenges him to fights on occasion, or otherwise just decided to be a rival of some kind. The fact that they tried to play him off as sympathetic is totally contradictory to what he's always been. The Museum plaque didn't say he was a murderous bastard, Thawne actively chose to do that.

I can respect the effort to make him deeper than a puddle on a sidewalk, but the damage was already done.
TBF I think the forgiveness was only done because it’s the ultimate mindfuck to stop Thawne. You can’t kill him, you can’t defeat him with violence or rage, he’s too clever to be outsmarted for long… but throwing pity at him basically caught him off guard enough to finally take him down.

i don’t think they were trying to make him sympathetic entirely, just show that Barry was the bigger man and gave him the only punishment that could finally defeat him, a good life.

Death Battle and their High 3-A DC multiverse lmao.
I think they do mention spatial dimensions as well when talking about the RF’s destructive abilities, so I think they do consider higher 4D powers they just probably need bigger numbers because “big numbers > infinity plus infinity” in explaining to normal people.

Guarantee if they do Simon vs Kyle they’ll have to just explain all this dimensional bullshit to them and open their eyes into the bullshit that is Versus Debates.

TBF I think the forgiveness was only done because it’s the ultimate mindfuck to stop Thawne. You can’t kill him, you can’t defeat him with violence or rage, he’s too clever to be outsmarted for long… but throwing pity at him basically caught him off guard enough to finally take him down.

i don’t think they were trying to make him sympathetic entirely, just show that Barry was the bigger man and gave him the only punishment that could finally defeat him, a good life.

Hey, anything is better than letting the mentally ill think they caused the downfall of their univer-

Oh...

shion08_salout.png

Going to do something I haven't done before on this site: guess a character I have no knowledge of (or haven't seen the source they come from), and guess what their best MU would be. Feel free to give me suggestions.

Guess 1:
Toffee (Star vs the Forces of Evil)

Judging by the cover: Lizard thing in a business suit.

Basic descriptions:
"Toffee was the primary antagonist of the last arc of Season 1 of Star vs the Forces of Evil and major character within the series. Toffee is very calm, cool and collected and gives off the motif of a corrupt businessman rather than a proper villain. None the less, Toffee is sadistic and cruel, who has no qualms with killing and torturing innocents to get information or to lure his targets."

So... a universe-busting businessman, who plays 4-D chess with his opponent(s), and a modest demeanour... oh yeah. I know who you're going up against...

Chosen Opponent: Wilhelm (Xenosaga)

Connections:
  • Modestly mannered or attired businessmen or CEO's of conglomerate empires.
  • Both plot around the destruction of their respective universes, or possibly higher.
  • Both are apparently seldom seen after their main arcs, or are considered straight up dead (both after central collapses of the functions of their universes)
  • Both manipulate a sort of rouges gallery of ads (Wilhelm steps in when it comes to the Testaments, and also fills in for the late dead Sergius after his defeat in II. Toffee apparently has Ludo?)
  • Both have prophetic philosophies in how to reach their goals (Wilhelm wished to uphold the cycle of the Eternal Recurrence. Toffee had a bone to pick with Magic).

Gonna be bold here: no better MUs, or your money back.

As usual, give me suggestions for who I could go after.
Suggestions:
Should Wilhelm be too obscure to use, Toffee vs Loki (Marvel Comics) can actually be good to go.
Both have a grudge against a royal family and swore to revenge.
Both use plans and wits to attempt to achieve their goals.
Both have a catchphrase "Surprise~"

Now people may be really interested in a Gorilla Grodd matchup. Just to see if every one in the Flash series is that OP.

I think they do mention spatial dimensions as well when talking about the RF’s destructive abilities, so I think they do consider higher 4D powers they just probably need bigger numbers because “big numbers > infinity plus infinity” in explaining to normal people.

Guarantee if they do Simon vs Kyle they’ll have to just explain all this dimensional bullshit to them and open their eyes into the bullshit that is Versus Debates.
Looking forward to it.

One needs to be matching in power and hax hard enough to persuade the other to surrender though.

The bigger question: with Marvel being able to defeat DC sometimes, and Marvel more times than not defeated by non-DC, how many matchups actually ended in a DC loss against non-Marvel? That I do not blame DC for being broken, but the DC <> Marvel < Others < DC paradox sometimes still bugs me and likely a lot of other audience.

Suggestions:
Should Wilhelm be too obscure to use, Toffee vs Loki (Marvel Comics) can actually be good to go.
Both have a grudge against a royal family and swore to revenge.
Both use plans and wits to attempt to achieve their goals.
Both have a catchphrase "Surprise~"

I wouldn't insinuate that Saga is that obscure if anyone wants KOS-MOS anywhere near the format. Just a thought.

As for Loki, and who I want to see him VS? Well, the multiple iterations is half the reason I don't touch comics 9/10 times, and star busting with this kind of archetype...? My god, this could be literally anyone.

Wasn't Hoopa (Pokemon) suggested on 'mischief' grounds? That's about all I can think of off the top of my head rn.

Saw Black vs Thawne. The fact that they mentioned Infinite Zamasu but didn't even use him genuinely pisses me off.

Episode was good but by their own logic Thawne removing the time ring wouldn't mean shit since Black would still have it in other time periods, meaning Thawne couldn't really kill Black without destroying time anyways, so why not use Infinite Zamasu?
Agreed on the former. Not really on the latter, Thawne would kill the oldest version of Black, as long as he doesn't interact with Black from that point onwards then every version of Black is essentially destined to die to Thawne at that moment. Of course if you use multiple Blacks also following Thawne through time while coordinating with each other when to strike then stuff becomes more complicated, but eventually it comes down to "kill the present version of every Black that ever time traveled during the fight and don't interact with any past versions in the future...", if you do that you're good.

Half an hour - Yeah I ain't watching that.

Are there any notable highlights of the debunk? Some wacky shit like making GB a billions times faster than Thawne or something?

I saw a 3 second video today where a kid using text to speech said that the battle was bullshit, RF was wanked, but Goku Black was downplayed very hardly
I think he deleted that video, but still it's just confusing how people think Black even standed a chance against Thawne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back