• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Number of people who unironically believe, that Simon vs Kyle Rayner is gonna be a finale of season 9 is astonishing. Simon is decently known characer and Kyle is literal who character. Season finale always cointants very well known characters, that will give many views.
If Death Battle somehow makes this mu a finale, this would the worst finale in terms of views and overall hype. someone gets it
Simon vs Kyle is not really a MU I see happening this season let alone a finale
Like that'll ever come.

I get the feeling they might postpone till next year because of the new Transformers movie in 2023. That and I get the feeling they're dreading doing it.
The issue for Galactus vs Unicron is the budget

Not to mention we don't whether they gotten new capable 3D animators

You know how some reviewers loved Saitama vs Popeye's ending? How Saitama is depressed and they actually tried to animate Saitama finally having happy emotions? In theory, that is a powerful emotional good idea.

In practice I feel jack shit because they immediately ******* RYONA him and have him scream in pain. Because ofc the man who killed Ben 10 brutally would do that to have vengeance on the guy casuals voted can beat Superman. Ofc he would voice Popeye and sing a goofy song to ruin the emotional moment. Ofc he would be giddy to feed Saitama before his series is even over. Yes, he would likely still be ****** but its pathetic how Ruby vs Maka is still delayed despite that being a done deal. And I dont care how that reason is technically due to outside things related to Swan, it still paints DB overall in worse light.
If that's true then Simon vs Kyle is probably gonna get messy

Shueisha and Kodansha are the 2 big Japanese manga companies.

Expect many well known Japanese manga series under their names.

Well we'll see if anyone would actually announce a matchup Wednesday SGT morning.

Put the matchup in a spoiler tab and I shall make a new thread within the next 24 hours.

does shueisha and kodansha own the magazine and stuff

that has konosuba and the slime manga thing or is Yen press their company (if yen press is their company is that how i find which company owns which series by looking at it on wikipedia and stuff)

The issue for Galactus vs Unicron is the budget
The issue for Galactus vs Unicron is fact, that they are aren't super popular among casual audience, and their mu won't give Death Battle proper views. But, upcoming Transformers movie will change that.
Same thing with Thanos vs Darkseid before Infinity War.
That's why Cole vs Alex didn't happened yet - despite being heavily requested match-up, nobody except of nerds cares about them.

The issue for Galactus vs Unicron is fact, that they are aren't super popular among casual audience, and their mu won't give Death Battle proper views. But, upcoming Transformers movie will change that.
That's why Cole vs Alex didn't happened yet - despite being heavily requested match-up, nobody except of nerds cares about them.
I say Cole vs Alex would've done good numbers around S2-S4 era of DB but DB questionable choices cost the MU chances over the years to do very well

̶G̶̶a̶̶l̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶u̶̶s̶̶ ̶v̶̶s̶̶ ̶U̶̶n̶̶i̶̶c̶̶r̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶s̶̶p̶̶r̶̶i̶̶t̶̶e̶̶ ̶b̶̶a̶̶t̶̶t̶̶l̶̶e̶̶ ̶w̶̶h̶̶o̶̶ ̶s̶̶a̶̶y̶̶s̶̶ ̶n̶̶o̶̶

Well if we want crackpot theorize, the fact that last inhouse 3D was Blake vs Mikasa and we know that some of the team were fired, it really seems DB got hit hard, which meant no Galactus vs Unicron. I would almost say that Saitama vs Popeye might have been chosen to accommodate these problems. We might just not get inhouse 3D for a while too. Maybe thats why even bigger wait now.

Well if we want crackpot theorize, the fact that last inhouse 3D was Blake vs Mikasa and we know that some of the team were fired, it really seems DB got hit hard, which meant no Galactus vs Unicron. I would almost say that Saitama vs Popeye might have been chosen to accommodate these problems. We might just not get inhouse 3D for a while too. Maybe thats why even bigger wait now.
What DID happen to the inhouse team?

G̶̶a̶̶l̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶u̶̶s̶̶ ̶v̶̶s̶̶ ̶U̶̶n̶̶i̶̶c̶̶r̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶s̶̶p̶̶r̶̶i̶̶t̶̶e̶̶ ̶b̶̶a̶̶t̶̶t̶̶l̶̶e̶̶ ̶w̶̶h̶̶o̶̶ ̶s̶̶a̶̶y̶̶s̶̶ n̶̶o̶̶
Useless, useless, useless... MUDA!

Rooster Teeth does not make good profits and the management team needs to cut costs. Then they heard that the 3D animation of Blake Belladonna vs Mikasa Ackerman is mediocre at best and some people have to be "accountable"...

They did not treat the behind the scenes staff well eh.

To be honest the OG RT animation staff do not get sufficient tasks so maybe a little man hour borrowing from them is more efficient than maintaining a big 3D team specific for Death Battle.

Oh definitely when u think about it the fact the fact the fact we were 2/4 in quality in regards of the 3D/Blender fights definitely shows how bad they were affected

Shit like this would put too much pressure on the Sprite and Blender team to compensate for the lack for the lack of in house team

Akuma vs Kahn was also probably last min addition, so it was rushed. If they had it planned from start, why do CDB 6 months earlier?

They already had fighting game ep in 1st half too.

Hang on, since DevilArtemis was on SFM team since S6, I thought they were free lancers. Were they actually officially part of the team? Does Blender team count as inhouse?
DA and crew do work with the crew
Also No that's why there the Blender team

I **** with Galactus, don't know who Unicorn is but i do know he's from the transformers universe, which is dope, so it's a 7.5/10 on the hype scale for me. BTW the MU is confirmed to happen at some point.

if you don't buy the shit dio, tanjiro wins, if you buy it jonathan wins... but i don't care about that mu, i prefer tanjiro vs hyakkimaru lol
Same, the fight potential is insane with that MU.
  • Jonathan Joestar vs Tanjiro Kamado is sort of debatable
  • Tanjiro Kamado wins over Hyakkimaru anyway you look at it
  • Claims Tanjiro Kamado vs Hyakkimaru has better potential than Jonathan Joestar vs Tanjiro Kamado
Based

lumine vs the knight (female) is possibly my favorite genshi-related mu so far.
We always have
  • Link vs Aether
  • Amber vs Udonge or Cinderace
  • "Raiden" battle royale
And hopefully more

All of those + Youmu vs Baiken, I know somebody over Discord who already commissioned it.

Also, didn't Jasonsith say he commissioned a few tracks? What were those, again?
(I did apply. Likely stacked at the lower layers of the list so that he would need to clear the more requested ones on top first.)
Work I have applied
Works I would apply in the future

Since he has closed his commissions for a while and he said his upper layers of requests are busy enough to keep him busy for a year I would only just wait until the chance of commissioning is open again. (... and the mould problems at his house are serious enough to keep him under-performing enough - his words. Quite an irony if he takes more commissioned works he would have more cash to spend to solve his mould problems, which in turn would increase his health and work efficiency which leads to creating more commissioned music...)

I made some tier lists for Gunvolt characters. I'll post the rest as I make them.

etw7z9v1vsk81.jpg

Merak

The Big One: Sans (Undertale)

Bring it On!: Robbie Rotten (LazyTown). I also forgot to put him here, but if I had remembered this is where Linhardt from Fire Emblem Three Houses would be.

Let's Go!: Xigbar (Kingdom Hearts), Belphegor (Shin Megami Tensei)

Sure, Why Not: Komachi (Touhou), King (Seven Deadly Sins), Dexter Grif (Red vs Blue), Hilda (Fire Emblem), Demyx (Kingdom Hearts)

Hold On a Minute: Sloth (FMA 2003), Garfield (...)

I Don't Think So: Sloth (FMA Manga/Brotherhood), Sloth (The Binding of Issac)

I'm Out of Here: The Holy Grail (Persona 5)

JotaMatchupRating.jpg

Jota

The Big One: Sage Harpuia (Mega Man)

Bring it On!: Ira Gamagori (Kill la Kill), Mistral (Metal Gear), Hubert von Vestra (Fire Emblem)

Let's Go!: Escanor (Seven Deadly Sins), Sir Gawain (Fate Series)

Sure, Why Not: Pride (Fullmetal Alchemist), Vanilla Ice (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Hold On a Minute: Masayoshi Shido (Persona), Aeolus (Mega Man)

I Don't Think So: Star Man (Mega Man)

I'm Out of Here: Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back