• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Research and representation aside, I actually find liking a lot of Sonic fights.

Vegeta vs Shadow was fun for S1, MvS1 is more in character than MvS2, Eggman vs Wily was fun, I'm one of the sickos who likes most of Luigi vs Tails' fight and even DK vs Knux was really funny, Flash vs Sonic has banger OST and Shadow vs Ryuko was good since I didnt watch KLK so I cant get pissed at bad characterization of Ryuko.

Amy vs Ramona & Metal vs Zero were kinda ehh but only Shadow vs M2 was truly bad and MvS2 had the worst characterization, but majority of Sonic fights have been good.

Ignoring that with current stats Sonic is the most robbed series and they get the weirdest "canon" sources used lmao

Research and representation aside, I actually find liking a lot of Sonic fights.

Vegeta vs Shadow was fun for S1, MvS1 is more in character than MvS2, Eggman vs Wily was fun, I'm one of the sickos who likes most of Luigi vs Tails' fight and even DK vs Knux was really funny, Flash vs Sonic has banger OST and Shadow vs Ryuko was good since I didnt watch KLK so I cant get pissed at bad characterization of Ryuko.

Amy vs Ramona & Metal vs Zero were kinda ehh but only Shadow vs M2 was truly bad and MvS2 had the worst characterization, but majority of Sonic fights have been good.

Ignoring that with current stats Sonic is the most robbed series and they get the weirdest "canon" sources used lmao
MVS2 feels like a Flasbgitz animation if anything

DpVP7hXU0AAHwTO.jpg
69a.jpg

Separated at birth.

Also actually Street Fighter might be most robbed series, or even Marvel if they were to buff all lower level heroes.

Somewhat agree with
On the topic of not treated well, what do you think is the best episode where a character isn't treated well/gets pretty disrespected/is just generally out of character?

My personal pick might be Red Vs. Tai, because Red doesn't feel in-character in the slightest, and kinda reminds me more of a flanderized/over exaggerated Ash.
Goku vs Superman 2
Is practically the most blatant example of this

Characterization/portrayal in DB can be a bitch here n there due to majority of combatants not having Any real reason to fight each other especially characters who are mainly heroes to the death which Ben even mentioned how hard it is to come up which is why we get dumb set ups here n there And needing the character to act OOC to have it start

Sure misunderstandings etc are there but sometimes it can boring to run to that well multiple times

Another problem is fan perception and memes which can influence how a character may be written on DB which can either amazing if done right or grating if done wrong

Heck it's not just DB it's even in other Fanmade fights Characterization can be a hit n miss

Time restraints can also play a factor cause unlike us they don't have unlimited time to write the fights as thoroughly well

Last edited:
I mean "why do heroes fight" is bit different from "characters acts differently from source material".

I'm nowhere near as bothered with fight starting explanations.
Depends on that cause they could still be accurate to how they acted at a certain points but not how they acted by the end of the show
Also did elude other factors for that

The only ones I personally find myself liking much are Shadow v Ryuko (though I will admit Ryuko's characterization was poorly handled. While not a character assassination, it just uses the wrong Ryuko as the wrong time, also kind of poor sound design), and I give MvS1 & Eggman v Wily a pass for their age, as despite that I find them fun fights overall.

Vegeta v Shadow you really don't get much out of if you don't like TFS, and I don't have any attachment to them, Luigi v Tails and Amy v Ramona are boring filler fights in which the former has Luigi get stomped with little recourse and the latter just being slow and boring in a Sonic Franchise Fight, Knuckles v DK I don't like because Knuckles' characterization is actively unbearable and holy shit that DK sprite is ******* hideous, and I think the research/compositing actively hurt the fight, Metal v Zero actively sucks ******* ass and is a terribly animated fight with the worst sound design on the show and ugly ass pixelated 3D model cut-ins that constantly interrupt the fight itself.

MvS2 is my 2nd least favorite DB for reasons I've talked about before. I could write an essay for all the reasons I dislike that fight but wont unless any of you WANT to see that lol. In short though I think it's a terrible, ugly looking fight with poor character representation on both ends and some of the worst research I've seen for a Sonic episode.

Shadow v Mewtwo is the definitive worst episode on the show imo for reasons all of you probably know. Unfinished spite animation that was made to shit on one of the characters, nothing much to go over there.

Flash v Sonic isn't terrible, but it's my personal most disappointing DB and one of my least favorites because I just have a lot of personal gripes with the fight that make me not like it. Ranging from disagreeing with the outcome and thinking it has one of the worst conclusions in DB (the finale of the fight barely makes sense on several levels, and the analysis conclusion itself ******* sucks), and I think the fight severely missed out on essentially all of its potential, barely had them banter, Sonic went out of character at the end, and most of their abilities went not utilized, it's the most disappointing DB for me because that's my personally favorite VS MU of all time.

I think Sonic has had horrible luck and horrible treatment on this show and it's why I'm often negative on Sonic episodes in general.

The only ones I personally find myself liking much are Shadow v Ryuko (though I will admit Ryuko's characterization was poorly handled. While not a character assassination, it just uses the wrong Ryuko as the wrong time, also kind of poor sound design), and I give MvS1 & Eggman v Wily a pass for their age, as despite that I find them fun fights overall.

Vegeta v Shadow you really don't get much out of if you don't like TFS, and I don't have any attachment to them, Luigi v Tails and Amy v Ramona are boring filler fights in which the former has Luigi get stomped with little recourse and the latter just being slow and boring in a Sonic Franchise Fight, Knuckles v DK I don't like because Knuckles' characterization is actively unbearable and holy shit that DK sprite is ******* hideous, and I think the research/compositing actively hurt the fight, Metal v Zero actively sucks ******* ass and is a terribly animated fight with the worst sound design on the show and ugly ass pixelated 3D model cut-ins that constantly interrupt the fight itself.

MvS2 is my 2nd least favorite DB for reasons I've talked about before. I could write an essay for all the reasons I dislike that fight but wont unless any of you WANT to see that lol. In short though I think it's a terrible, ugly looking fight with poor character representation on both ends and some of the worst research I've seen for a Sonic episode.

Shadow v Mewtwo is the definitive worst episode on the show imo for reasons all of you probably know. Unfinished spite animation that was made to shit on one of the characters, nothing much to go over there.

Flash v Sonic isn't terrible, but it's my personal most disappointing DB and one of my least favorites because I just have a lot of personal gripes with the fight that make me not like it. Ranging from disagreeing with the outcome and thinking it has one of the worst conclusions in DB (the finale of the fight barely makes sense on several levels, and the analysis conclusion itself ******* sucks), and I think the fight severely missed out on essentially all of its potential, barely had them banter, Sonic went out of character at the end, and most of their abilities went not utilized, it's the most disappointing DB for me because that's my personally favorite VS MU of all time.

I think Sonic has had horrible luck and horrible treatment on this show and it's why I'm often negative on Sonic episodes in general.
A bit ironic since Ben is a Sonic fan, I don’t know how much control he has over the episodes though, doubt he has ill will towards the series in DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back