• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, i kinda get Mori Jin but why Ultraman? What are the connections between them?

marilon_ said:
Seriously

Two icons of japanese pop culture

That came to the play decades ago but are still relevant to this day

That defined and revolutioned genres of midias the shonens and the tokusatsus

Their most iconic attack is an beam energy attack that is referenced all over the place

Both aliens that came to earth with an different purpose

But after an accident they changed

And bonded with humans

Becoming earth greates protector, defending it against all kinds of threat even tho goku only does cuz he likes to fight

They never give up, and believe that being defeated doesn't meant you lost, it means you should try again

They create friends and even rivals along the way, as they climb to be universal level warriors

Both even have a son that earned their potential as they are hybrid

Their legacy continues as their series is always expanding even when it seems to be over

Touhou Edition: Sakuya
cfiym92gydq71.png

Vs Homura
Pros:
  • Brings an overdue franchise on DB along with a new one
  • Animation potential is high (Gun vs Knives along with both time manipulators)
  • Music Score potential is immense
  • Arguable Touhou W (Devil Homura not being in)
Cons:
  • Touhou being 50/50 in general
  • Mu being threatened by Hit, Kurumi and I-no as spoils
  • Boils down to whether Homura gets Devil Homura in the fight
  • kinda boils down to being a highly request among casuals as well

hit_vs_sakuya_by_kenshinryougi_deasu0e-pre.jpg

Vs Hit
Pros:
  • Brings an overdue franchise on DB
  • Animation potential could work with the right mindsets shown
  • Music Score could slap With Hit's Fighter Z Theme or something DB Related with Sakuya main one
  • A researcher shown interest in this Mu along with Swan making a TN for its months back
  • Hit being able to carry that Mu view brand Assocation and Dragon Ball track record in views
  • arguable Touhou W

Cons:
  • Hit not high up among DB Rep requests
  • Homura providing competition

e41f876772479da50500f06a037b836c.png

Pros:
  • Brings an new franchise on the show
  • Fairest Yhwach MU
  • Very thematic: same goal, similar powers, both posses powers of other characters from their respective franchise
  • Animation potential (Spirit of Fire)

Cons:
  • Shaman King is niche series so this MU is very unlikely
  • Probably would have terrible research

dbwuigh-6ff5e3be-7bf2-4cf5-9c11-98e589cfc1b3.jpg

Pros:
  • Their most popular MU
  • Animation potential

Cons:
  • Yhwach mercilessly stomp
  • Less exciting than Aizen vs Madara

Last edited:
cfiym92gydq71.png

Vs Homura
Pros:
Cons:

Vs Hit
Pros:
  • Music Score could slap With Hit's Fighter Z Theme or something DB Related with Sakuya main one
  • A researcher shown interest in this Mu along with Swan making a TN for its months back
  • Hit being able to carry that Mu view brand Assocation and Dragon Ball track record in views
  • arguable Touhou W

Cons:

I rather want sakuya to face Hit

And get best girl Kurumi against Homura, both use weapons like guns and such with time manipulation

cfiym92gydq71.png

Vs Homura
Pros:
Cons:

Vs Hit
Pros:
  • arguable Touhou W

Cons:

Doesn’t Akemi also have Zolomon

Just made a MU by complete ******* accident that started as a joke, but I ended up liking how it came out so here:

Kasen_Vs_Fleetway.png

Kasen Ibaraki vs Fleetway Sonic

Connections: In base forms, both are heavily associated with nature/being protectors of it, they both withhold evil alternate personalities within (True Form Kasen and Super Sonic) that are only accessed when they reach their strongest form (in Kasen's case, regaining her full body, in Fleetway's, being charged up on Chaos Energy), both have an association with/can access an alternate universe (Kasen's Senkai and the Special Zone), and have some similar haxx.

Fight could start in base forms before elevating when they both access their strongest forms and their personalities change to be more aggressive / destructive. I even have some choreography ideas for the fight itself (that I would definitely be willing to talk about lol).

Pros:
  • Really cool fight potential (could even end in a death, but not kill both characters)
  • Lots of banter potential, between Sonic's snark and Kasen's serious demeanor, and between Super Sonic & True Form Kasen's violence & bloodlust
  • Would bring a new franchise and a new continuity to DB
  • The only MU I could think of for Fleetway (and Kasen too, honestly)
  • Most likely a Touhou dub
  • Godly music potential (Sonic x Touhou is guaranteed flames)
  • Sorta out there MUs like this are really fun, usually
Cons:
  • Touhou on DB is a 50/50
  • Likely another Sonic L
  • If I have to see the Sonic series shit on one more time I'll lose it
  • Absolutely unknown matchup that will absolutely never be on their radar
  • Could probably get ****** up if mishandled
CHAD PICK CHAD PICK!!! NOW I WANT THIS MATCHUP TOO!!!

The MU's thing - Melia (Xenoblade) Edition:

MeliaStaff.gif

Melia I've gone on record before saying that I'm not as big a fan of her character as I probably should do (Politics of the High Entia / self-deprecating philosophy etc.), but as a power scaling case study, she is fascinating.

As for MUs...

historia-reiss-krista-lenz.gif

VS Historia (AoT)

Pros:

• Thematics in that Melia has hesitations about being corinated into royalty, as does Historia to an extent.
  • Hiroyuki Sawano has done music for Xenoblade before (technically it was X and not 1, but... details), and I think the likes of Yates should be able to pick up on that.
  • Animation potential in SPADES. Melia has stuff like Shadow Stitch to shut down the ODM Gear (said gear in and of itself has been used well), both have access to armies of varying consequences... oh, and tell me that the Ponspectors and Rotbart vs Ymir's Titan wouldn't be hysterical to see.

Cons:

• Historia ******* DIES (8-C-ish verse vs 5-B Melia). If this means an AoT losing streak of the back of Blake vs Mikasa, then I'm willing to hold off for a bit.
  • Banter / back-and-forth is... questionable? Like... what are they meant to say to each other? That Historia stormed in on Alcamoth's royal summit?
  • What are we doing for models, exactly?

CalistaInDress.gif

VS Calista (The Last Story)

Pros:

• Becomes a thematic 'Operation Rainfall' legacy MU between two princesses who want little to do with positions of power, and also may or may not have dead fathers of questionable diplomatic ability.
  • The Last Story is a new series to add to DBa.
  • Is actually debateable, unlike Historia. Calista scaling to a hypothetical full-power Zael with the Outsider is put at Low 5-B (theoretically), which isn't far off Melia's planet busting peak with Fog King etc.
  • Last Story OST is good if you know where to look. Rock rendition of the boss theme, perhaps?
  • Lazilus Dragon Mitra vs Telethia sounds pretty fun on paper.

Cons:

• Not much for Banter, either. Calista has always been a little too low-key for that.
  • Other than the aforementioned LDM vs Telethia... what are we doing for animation potential? Calista has has many shields as Melia does Ether, sure, but... doesn't that just turn it into a bit of a stall fest?

DarkKnightMerlina.gif

VS Dark Knight Merlina (Sonic and the Black Knight)

Pros:

• Still 'queens', but focus lands on moral contrasts, rather than their similarities (Melia has hangups about being queen, Merlina didn't want to be anything else because of her extreme views on Immortality).
  • Back-and-forth could come from this as a result.
  • Xeno + Crush 40 : pogchamp :

Cons:

• Contrast goes both ways. While the Animation potential isn't lacking, QotU form makes for a size discrepancy I can't unsee.
  • Among Sonic fanbase, Merlina suffers from a bad case of 'literally who?'
  • Yeah, I suppose it's kinda clo- (checks recent buffs) HOLY SHIT MERLINA, WHAT DID MELIA EVER DO TO YOU?!

sypha-castlevania.gif

VS Sypha Belnades (Netflix Castlevania)

Pros:

• Good animation potential. Melia has one summon cut out when Sypha can redirect or detonate Flares still in the launcher.
  • Personality contrast. Sypha becomes foul-mouthed, whereas Melia is far more soft-spoken.
  • Not actually as much of a stomp as you'd think. I'm supposed to believe that Death is only building level despite Time Travel and Spell haxes being a thing? Please...

Cons:

• Speakers corner is comparing apples to oranges. One isn't a 'queen', not in the traditional sense.
  • One of the few instances where I don't know where to start with the OST. NFCV is unmemorable in that field.
  • Unfamiliarity with source when compared to Netflix? Someone is going to argue for the 'actual' Sypher, I KNOW you guys.

alice-synthesis-thirty-gif.gif

VS Alice S30 (SAO):

Pros:

• A thematic (enough) return to form. Both have late passed father figures in their lives, and go on to fight the 'gods' of their verse (Zanza / Quinella) that EXPLICITLY wronged a part of them (Alice being a manipulated Integrity Knight because of her, and Telethia being a 'High Entia's' true form, as explained by Zanza (the 'mere cells' of his body)).
  • Yuki Kajiura has done work for Xeno in the past (Xenosaga II and III, more specifically), so this should be right up her alley. Or Yates's, your choice.
  • System Call Elements are basically just Ether spells, and the animation potential comes from that. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Cons:

• Not as close as I'd like to admit. Even if we scaled Alice to a potential 6-C Kirito via the sky parse feat, that's still well below a 5-B peak Melia via stuff like the Fog King (although for some reason, I do picture DBa downplaying Melia for this one in particular).
  • Character writing is... less than stellar. Alice having more a personality by the end of WoU doesn't save her from not having anything to bounce off of Melia.
  • Error 404: Models not found.

P.S: I was also going to do Diantha, but I can't think of much to say either way. Have these to whet your appetite for now.

Since everyone its bringing their own Pros/Cons for MU, i may as well try my own:

FDRUw92VgAEjMAB.png

Star-Lord VS Commander Shepard (Marvel VS Mass Effect)

Connections: Leaders of teams in space consisting of several different species of creatures each with their own goals and reasons for staying around, occasionally getting into conflict while trying to save the galaxy together.

Pros:
  • Brings a new franchise on the show, especially one as know and beloved as Mass Effect.
  • Best and most thematic MU for both of them.
  • Score can be really good, as show by Brandon, by mixing 80'/90' music from Guardians of the Galaxy with the iconic futuristic tracks from ME series.
  • Surprisingly close fight, with both having the same abilities and possibly even similar physical stats, making the winner less clear.
  • Banter potential its pretty good due of their conflicting mentality, with Star-Lord acting more like a rebel while Shepard acting like a soldier.
  • Very high animation potential, as we can get a very dynamic shootout where both use their weaponry/arsenal to outmaneuver each other.
Cons:
  • It only got recently popular due of Brandon.

Also this trailer is cooler:

Yeah that one is cooler and gives back and forth from them in almost similar positions too

It sucks that Bryan has from what i seen no match up fair on the opponents end, he just demolishes those suggested to fight him, kano and that guy from kof (forgot his name) are the most suggested on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back