• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll focus on the Season 9 prediction for now, but I really want to go over Maxwell opponents in that post.

With that said, who have I forgotten as a possible Maxwell opponent?
  1. Roblox Noob (not a fan)
  2. Rudy Tabootie
  3. Timmy Turner
  4. Kid Kaiju
  5. Ben Tennyson
  6. A Lantern

vegeta_vs_thor_by_kenshinryougi_dec1dnn-fullview.jpg

Vegeta vs Thor
Pros:
  • Best MU for both Characters
  • Animation Potential is High
  • Music Score potential is tremendously high if they references on Vegeta most notable themes
  • Final Flash vs God Blast can make for fun climax or near one
  • Ben wants Vegeta back on the show
Cons:
  • Can falter if not treated with care(EX.DBX)
  • Vegeta transformations can cause issues for the pacing(Ssjg-Ssjb-SsjBE-Ultra ego or SSJB-SSJBE-UE Vegeta)
  • May have to wait until UE Vegeta get it's debut in public

I finally figured out how to make a good trailer, here it is.

Preemptive Q&A:
  • Why is it so long compared to official DB trailers?
    • Because modern official DB trailers suck.
  • Who is Lina?
    • Go play Blade Strangers. Seriously, I spend $20 on this game and nobody's playing it online and my friend is aggressively disinterested. It has Quote, Curly Brace, Issac, Shovel Knight, and a bunch of characters from a beat-em-up who's characters were apparently designed by the same designer who brought us Street Fighter II's character designs. Also characters from a fishing game. Oh, and a nobody that you may have heard me blabber on about before.
  • Why is your thumbnail and title just a ripoff of Hugh Mann's?
    • Because he's really good at this and I like his style.

dediubu-eaaa34b6-2ef8-4412-adf6-8a7bed7aa35f.png

Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut
Pros:
  • Best MU For Both
  • Banter can be fun
  • Animation potential can be a fun brawl
  • An Archie w
  • Juggs literally has no one
  • Music potential could be cool
Cons:
  • None really
Juggernaut fails to realize that he is fighting against a debuffed Flash since Archie Sonic's immeasurable speed feat has he clashes with Archie Knuckles.

Yang Xiao Long VS Yang Guo

Pros:
1. For animation potential, we can see Aura VS Inner Energy and Burn VS Melancholic Palms.
2. Connection is surprisingly solid even excluding "right arms being sliced by someone who is angry about the romantic issue at the time and enranged the Yangs" part.
3. Music potential could be good.
4. Interaction could be good too considering their personality, especially the young adult Yang Guo and the young adult Yang Xiao Long.
5. A wuxia character is introduced in Death Battle. (Po and Iron Fist are arguably the wuxia characters too)

Cons:
1. Yang Guo is an obscure character outside the Great China despite he is well-known in the Great China. (For reference, Louis Koo and Andy Lau's popularity could be attributed to their portrayal of Yang Guo.) Bakugo and Leone are waiting too.

Last edited:
dediubu-eaaa34b6-2ef8-4412-adf6-8a7bed7aa35f.png

Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut
Pros:
  • Best MU For Both
  • Banter can be fun
  • Animation potential can be a fun brawl
  • An Archie w
  • Juggs literally has no one
  • Music potential could be cool
Cons:
  • None really
Well there is one, that being it’s just a lesser version of Enerjak vs Onslaught
But that’s just me

Cons:
  • Can falter if not treated with care(EX.DBX)
  • Vegeta transformations can cause issues for the pacing(Ssjg-Ssjb-SsjBE-Ultra ego or SSJB-SSJBE-UE Vegeta)
  • May have to wait until UE Vegeta get it's debut in public
Realistically, this shouldn’t be a problem, maybe he’d go SSJ, SSB, and UE
Vegeta in series from what I recall kinda goes through transformations faster than Goku

Just made a MU by complete ******* accident that started as a joke, but I ended up liking how it came out so here:

Kasen_Vs_Fleetway.png

Kasen Ibaraki vs Fleetway Sonic

Connections: In base forms, both are heavily associated with nature/being protectors of it, they both withhold evil alternate personalities within (True Form Kasen and Super Sonic) that are only accessed when they reach their strongest form (in Kasen's case, regaining her full body, in Fleetway's, being charged up on Chaos Energy), both have an association with/can access an alternate universe (Kasen's Senkai and the Special Zone), and have some similar haxx.

Fight could start in base forms before elevating when they both access their strongest forms and their personalities change to be more aggressive / destructive. I even have some choreography ideas for the fight itself (that I would definitely be willing to talk about lol).

Pros:
  • Really cool fight potential (could even end in a death, but not kill both characters)
  • Lots of banter potential, between Sonic's snark and Kasen's serious demeanor, and between Super Sonic & True Form Kasen's violence & bloodlust
  • Would bring a new franchise and a new continuity to DB
  • The only MU I could think of for Fleetway (and Kasen too, honestly)
  • Most likely a Touhou dub
  • Godly music potential (Sonic x Touhou is guaranteed flames)
  • Sorta out there MUs like this are really fun, usually
Cons:
  • Touhou on DB is a 50/50
  • Likely another Sonic L
  • If I have to see the Sonic series shit on one more time I'll lose it
  • Absolutely unknown matchup that will absolutely never be on their radar
  • Could probably get ****** up if mishandled

Realistically, this shouldn’t be a problem, maybe he’d go SSJ, SSB, and UE
Vegeta in series from what I recall kinda goes through transformations faster than Goku
Problem is how do you make sure each form doesn't feel like an after thought
When you look Hulk vs Broly it wasn't my h of an issue given Broly only three forms and he went straight to Ikari in the beginning

For Vegeta vs Thor you have to either go this route
SSJB for the beginning of the fight
SSJBE Midway
Ultra Ego for the Climax

i didnt feel like spending more than 10 minutes on this thumbnail shut up

Untitled_design.png

Altair vs Yukari (Re:Creators vs Touhou)

Connections: Both are danmaku-using reality warpers who exist as an abstract powered by belief (Youkai are born from human fear, and Altair's existence is fueled by the people who perceive her) and have opposing views on the world (Yukari created Gensokyo as a means of preserving the existence of supernatural beings, while Altair seeks to destroy all of creation). Both lost someone close to them to suicide (Setsuna and Yuyuko), are notable for being nearly impossible to kill, and both are extremely overconfident and sadistic. And of course, trains.

There are likely other connections I may have missed, I just don't feel like rewatching all of Re:Creators to see what I missed :v

Pros:

-Two new series on DB
-Banter potential is off the charts, especially with Yukari's chaotic nature.
-Animation could go completely off the rails if handled properly
-Music potential is extremely high
-Probably a Touhou W

Cons:

-Yukari has far more popular MUs
-Altair is basically a nobody
-Would be very easy to **** up the animation if handled poorly

i didnt feel like spending more than 10 minutes on this thumbnail shut up

Untitled_design.png

Altair vs Yukari (Re:Creators vs Touhou)

Connections: Both are danmaku-using reality warpers who exist as an abstract powered by belief (Youkai are born from human fear, and Altair's existence is fueled by the people who perceive her) and have opposing views on the world (Yukari created Gensokyo as a means of preserving the existence of supernatural beings, while Altair seeks to destroy all of creation). Both lost someone close to them to suicide (Setsuna and Yuyuko), are notable for being nearly impossible to kill, and both are extremely overconfident and sadistic. And of course, trains.

There are likely other connections I may have missed, I just don't feel like rewatching all of Re:Creators to see what I missed :v

Pros:

-Two new series on DB
-Banter potential is off the charts, especially with Yukari's chaotic nature.
-Animation could go completely off the rails if handled properly
-Music potential is extremely high
-Probably a Touhou W

Cons:

-Yukari has far more popular MUs
-Altair is basically a nobody
-Would be very easy to **** up the animation if handled poorly
I really like everything I've heard about this MU and from what I'm aware of them and their connections, its probably my favorite thematically and could have some insane fight potential. Plus you could have a cool fight start that fits within the context of the characters, Altair intending to destroy Touhou's verse, and Yukari stepping in to protect Genso, which would put both of their ideologies against each other.

Plus a Touhou dub is always a good one in my book.

I really like everything I've heard about this MU and from what I'm aware of them and their connections, its probably my favorite thematically and could have some insane fight potential. Plus you could have a cool fight start that fits within the context of the characters, Altair intending to destroy Touhou's verse, and Yukari stepping in to protect Genso, which would put both of their ideologies against each other.

Plus a Touhou dub is always a good one in my book.

Someone : want to destroy Gensokyo
Lunarians :

ac22dfdc74485b0a0c978c2bdb25d886.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

How is it tho? I understand Enerjak (Tho his fighting is still different from Knuckles too) but Juggernaut fights nothing like Onslaught
Probably a bad way of phrasing it before, sorry, but what I meant was, I dont see a reason to bring Archie Knuckles against an Juggernaut character when Enerjak vs Onslaught is a better mu(or atleast that's just me)

Had a fun question, what’s a battle you didn’t see coming that was really good? For me it’s gotta be Kakashi vs Obi-wan. Never even heard of a Star Wars vs Naruto match before that came out and it was awesome.

The ranking currently looks like this:

Basically lock-ins: Giorno/Joker, Catwoman/Black Cat, Thor/Vegeta, Ant-Man/Atom, Jason/Micheal, Lui Kang/Jago

Probable: Shulk/Lightning, Cole/Alex, Dante/Kratos, Palpatine/Xehanort, Bowser/Eggman, Scarecrow/Mysterio, Simon/Kyle, Meta Knight/Zero, John/Raidou, Scarlet Witch/Zatanna, Fire Emblem, Hunter X Hunter

50/50: Spawn/Ghost Rider, Vader/Obito, Vader/Saber, Mac/Ippo, Captain America/Kamen Rider Ichigo, Eggman/Wily 2, Ash/Yugi, Cell/Dark Samus, Mewtwo/BlackWarGreymon, Gogeta/Omegamon, Aigis/Noel, Master Chief/Doomguy 2, Doomsday/682, Bradley/Solidus, Destoroyah/Iris, Omni-Man/Bardock, Taskmaster/Deathstroke, Cervantes/Spinal, Steve/Terrarian, Raz/Ness, Escanor/Whitebeard, Guilty Gear in general, Asura in general, Magneto in general, Ridley in general, Yusuke Urameshi in general, Spiderman in general

Don't count on it: Dante/Deadpool, Yu/Josuke, Chie/Mako, K. Rool/Blackbeard, Spawn/Demi-Fiend, Hit/Sakuya, Omni-Man/Homelander, Ragyo/Lusamine, Bill/Discord, Saitama, Sinestro, Guts

lol no: Goku/Superman 3, any MLP matchup other than Bill/Discord

Which matchups/characters have I overlooked?

Probable: Shulk/Lightning, Cole/Alex, Dante/Kratos, Palpatine/Xehanort, Bowser/Eggman, Scarecrow/Mysterio, Simon/Kyle, Meta Knight/Zero, John/Raidou, Scarlet Witch/Zatanna, Fire Emblem, Hunter X Hunter

Putting aside my own bad blood with Shulk vs Lightning as an MU, putting that in the same tier as our long overdue DC L to a non-Marvel (and something with actual Finale potential) doesn't sit right with me.

Simon vs Kyle is sadly too new I feel like.

Relatively, Tracer vs Scout was younger when that got made, but that felt more mainstream back then. I'd be surprised if Simon vs Kyle is next year.

Putting aside my own bad blood with Shulk vs Lightning as an MU, putting that in the same tier as our long overdue DC L to a non-Marvel (and something with actual Finale potential) doesn't sit right with me.
Firstly, this isn't ranking the subjective quality of the matchups, simply how likely they are for next year.

Secondly, it's the single most requested Xenoblade matchup, and probably the highest requested Final Fantasy matchup now that Link vs Cloud 2 has been bagged.

The ranking currently looks like this:

Basically lock-ins: Giorno/Joker, Catwoman/Black Cat, Thor/Vegeta, Ant-Man/Atom, Jason/Micheal, Lui Kang/Jago

50/50: Spawn/Ghost Rider, Vader/Obito, Vader/Saber, Mac/Ippo, Captain America/Kamen Rider Ichigo, Eggman/Wily 2, Ash/Yugi, Cell/Dark Samus, Mewtwo/BlackWarGreymon, Gogeta/Omegamon, Aigis/Noel, Master Chief/Doomguy 2, Doomsday/682, Bradley/Solidus, Destoroyah/Iris, Omni-Man/Bardock, Taskmaster/Deathstroke, Cervantes/Spinal, Steve/Terrarian, Raz/Ness, Escanor/Whitebeard, Guilty Gear in general, Asura in general, Magneto in general, Ridley in general, Yusuke Urameshi in general, Spiderman in general

Don't count on it: Dante/Deadpool, Yu/Josuke, Chie/Mako, K. Rool/Blackbeard, Spawn/Demi-Fiend, Hit/Sakuya, Omni-Man/Homelander, Ragyo/Lusamine, Bill/Discord, Saitama, Sinestro, Guts

lol no: Goku/Superman 3, any MLP matchup other than Bill/Discord

Which matchups/characters have I overlooked?
I can't say Palpanort is a lock given it happened as a DBX this season would likely happen next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back