• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dio vs Alucard - debatable among normies (40 Dio - 60 Al); debatable among most VS debaters (51 Dio - 49 Al); Liam says Dio wins so will be interesting

Akuma vs (likely) Shao Kahn - a Shao Kahn victory perhaps - poor Mortal Kombat suffers a losing streak long enough
(And is actually "debatable" in other sense because many Mortal Kombat feats are just shown to be low like just look at their win-loss records in Death Battle)

Korra vs Rey - Korra (no Legends scaling) or Rey (with Legends scaling) so kind of debatable

Madara vs Aizen - "debatable" in a sense. Can be Naruto vs Ichigo 2 or not.

(Likely) Galactus vs Unicron - Likely the most massive strength difference if Lifebringer is brought up

When it comes to predicting Death Battle match ups, the problem is that people on forums and Wiki's and the like tend to have more creative and interesting ideas in mind than Death Battle themselves. And not just because Death Battle has been producing so many Marvel vs DC match ups that some people (myself included) usually lose interest the moment a Marvel vs DC matchup is announced. There are other types of characters in the world, and other things to involve themselves with.
True in this regard.

Random thought, does Black Racer vs Nyx (Persona) work as a matchup?
Close connections?
And how attractive does it make compared to John Constantine vs Raidou Kuzunoha?

Essentially every Gio MU is either a nightmare, a headache or both.
Like how many Giorno Giovanna matchups do we exactly have? The obvious ones normies are talking about include
  • Giorno Giovanna vs Ren Amamiya
  • Giorno Giovanna vs Misogi Kumagawa

Now for S9 success you gotta look at S7
S7 was quite frankly rough it's quality wasn't consistent
a couple of fights felt rushed out the gate ,quite a couple animation fights felt janky in motion, too Marvel/DC Centric you get the gist...
now being fair Covid came outta nowhere, the crew weren't as good with custom sprites as well as there are now etc....

however for S9 to be a Good-Great Season here's what it needs to do
  1. Explore more requested Franchises, it's been 10 yrs of DB and several Characters and franchises have yet to appear on the show. One of my biggest gripes with S7 that it didn't take advantage of this, now that we gotten through most of the big names this season it leave room for more new meat on the show
  2. Keep the Marvel/DC down to a minimum. like i said we had a total of 2 Marvel vs DC this season and one Marvel and one DC vs non marvel series. keep the capeshit to a reasonable minimum like with this season
  3. Take your time, Don't rush the fights out the gate. last thing anybody need is a fight that they wanted for years be rushed as hell and being an overall wasted episode.
  4. Planned ahead, make it easier for your crew to see what MU can work after each other balance the Main Event Mu with the Lower Card and Mid Card MU
what i got so far thoughts?
OIP.PEDRR3_K0G9J-yPsKqUIyAHaHa

Hey Tipper, you ask for alotta of other people's thoughts and I wanted to ask, what is your most wanted matchup?
Now for S9 success you gotta look at S7
S7 was quite frankly rough it's quality wasn't consistent
a couple of fights felt rushed out the gate ,quite a couple animation fights felt janky in motion, too Marvel/DC Centric you get the gist...
now being fair Covid came outta nowhere, the crew weren't as good with custom sprites as well as there are now etc....

however for S9 to be a Good-Great Season here's what it needs to do
  1. Explore more requested Franchises, it's been 10 yrs of DB and several Characters and franchises have yet to appear on the show. One of my biggest gripes with S7 that it didn't take advantage of this, now that we gotten through most of the big names this season it leave room for more new meat on the show
  2. Keep the Marvel/DC down to a minimum. like i said we had a total of 2 Marvel vs DC this season and one Marvel and one DC vs non marvel series. keep the capeshit to a reasonable minimum like with this season
  3. Take your time, Don't rush the fights out the gate. last thing anybody need is a fight that they wanted for years be rushed as hell and being an overall wasted episode.
  4. Planned ahead, make it easier for your crew to see what MU can work after each other balance the Main Event Mu with the Lower Card and Mid Card MU
what i got so far thoughts?
OIP.PEDRR3_K0G9J-yPsKqUIyAHaHa
Also I really like the season so far, though I don't care for any of the matchups up until now, except for acouple

Marvel vs DC match ups need to go on a pause for a good year. Nice long break. Release the episodes on Saturday mornings. Less people @ school and work. at least Half the season should be new franchises/and or return of characters that have not been used in a long ass time (Kratos).

Rooster Teeth returned to the studio last month, so hopefully S9 gets a higher budget and the fights keep improving. if even Disney struggled hard with COVID, imagine smaller studios/company tackling this. However, S7 pretty much only has Goro vs Machamp, OW vs Kakashi, Crona vs Venom, and Broly vs Hulk as re watchable episodes for me. This season pretty much every episode except KAM vs MM is at least good enough. Unless DB really screws up the next big fights animation/presentation wise, I think Season 8 would end up as a pretty good season, except for the joke fight.

I'm on Alucard's corner. Sorry guys. I don't care if Dio wins though, I have no hard connection to any fight from this point on. I just want some good fights with kickass battle tracks. If they deliver on that, I'm good.

I think Korra vs Rey is closer than we think. I heard sequel comics and books have good feats.

True, Crona happened. Still, lots of franchises have never appeared. Regarding Bayonetta, I'd be fine with another Bayonetta fight, or a Jeanne fight. I'd be more interested in a Bayonetta vs Morrigan, Jedah, Kratos, etc, than in most Marvel vs DC match ups. And yeah, they obviously aren't going to stop those because the MCU is the biggest film franchise at least at the moment, and DC is its competitor, plus being part of the same company as Rooster Teeth making any increased DC sales a win for them. And the result is a lack of other match ups.

How exactly is this close. Also on an aside, what even is the connections aside from being old anime vampires?
Comment from plebbit:
"The connections between Dio and Alucard are that both are popular anime vampires who are sadistic, egotistical, have a healing factor which makes them extremely difficult to kill, and hold opposing viewpoints on humanity (Dio gladly discarded his humanity in exchange for power, which he constantly seeks, and sees humans as inferior because they are weak, whereas Alucard regrets his immortality, wishes to be slain by a worthy human, and sees beauty in the mortality of humans). Both plagued England in the 19th century before being sealed away for long periods of time due to the actions of vampire slayers, gaining respect for the humans who defeated them (Jonathan Joestar and Abraham Van Helsing, respectively), though the two reacted oppositely to their defeat (Dio seeked to destroy the Joestars as he viewed them as a threat, whereas Alucard became the Hellsing family's loyal servant) and were later reawakened and released in the late 20th century. After their defeat, both had their names (Dio Brando and Vlad Dracula) changed (to DIO and Alucard). Both were abused as children, and became vampires after trading in their humanity to escape a dire situation (Dio put on the Stone Mask to avoid getting arrested, and Alucard drank blood to save himself from being executed). Both can summon allies to their sides in battle (Dio's Stand and Alucard's Familiars), and at the height of their power, control a part of reality (Being able to stop time and being omnipresent, respectively). Additionally, both command a loyal vampiric follower (Vanilla Ice and Seras Victoria, respectively), whose masters caused them a fatal wound, but then also revived them by turning them into a vampire. Both are also known for having a strong relationship with a priest, though in opposite ways (Enrico Pucci and Alexander Anderson, respectively).

S9's 20 fights will work if half the ******* matches aren't comics lmao

But for real, if you do comics, then actually do cool stuff. No one would complain as much on AntAtom & Galactus. Lex vs Doom is a lamer fight because both already had episodes. Same with Bats vs IM. For next season DB needs to avoid returning comics characters. S7 partially was hurt because of lamer and weirder fights like Barb vs Gwen & Genos vs WM. Ideal number probably is 4 comic fights per year, that's still usually higher than other verses get.

In regards to Dio vs Alucard, I think everyone is jumping to a conclusion. Starting with Dio vs. Pre-Schroedinger Alucard...

Dio fighting Pre-Schroedinger Alucard can possibly end two ways. Physically, Dio will tear through anything Alucard has, and ultimately destroy him. Of course, if DB scale Alucard's telekinesis to his physical attacks or even assume he can use it in battle that might change things.

However, another option is a mental battle between them. Like Dio, Alucard can mess with minds, controlling a clerk and later a SWAT officer. Dio is certainly tougher to control than them, but I'm trying to recall any example of vampires in JoJo's resisting mental attacks. Alucard is stronger than Seras who resisted Zorin's illusions, which messed with an entire mercenary squad. As far as I can tell, a mental battle is either another endless back and forth or a possible win con for Alucard.

Finally, Post-Schroedinger Alucard. Personally I don't think ignoring this is entirely reasonable given that it is in fact canon. People argue that if you use that then you should use Heaven's Ascension Dio, which I have to disagree with. One is a somewhat vague (although Alucard's limits are always somewhat vague to be honest; are we really certain that stabbing his heart when his souls are gone will kill him, for example? Alucard's abilities aren't as well defined as Dio's) but totally canon version of the character while the other is a non-canon alternate universe version that follows an entirely different story than the canon Dio. Anyway, if Schroedinger is used then it's again an endless battle. Or Dio dies when the sun comes up, or more mental battles.

In all honesty, I do think both sides are writing off the other side too quickly. Alucard fans dismiss Dio as nothing but another Luke Valentine or something and argue that Alucard will just crush Dio or something and meanwhile Dio fans talk about numerous ways to overcome Alucard's regen (or disregard it by arguing Schroedinger should be ignored) with little regard for Alucard's own abilities. To be honest, I don't know how this fight should realistically go.

I should note that Alucard's mindhax resistance wouldn't work against DIO's mindhax, since Flesh Buds work by physically messing with the brain while Alucard's resistance is more nonphysical.

S9's 20 fights will work if half the ******* matches aren't comics lmao

But for real, if you do comics, then actually do cool stuff. No one would complain as much on AntAtom & Galactus. Lex vs Doom is a lamer fight because both already had episodes. Same with Bats vs IM. For next season DB needs to avoid returning comics characters. S7 partially was hurt because of lamer and weirder fights like Barb vs Gwen & Genos vs WM. Ideal number probably is 4 comic fights per year, that's still usually higher than other verses get.
Season 9 with 20 episodes can be fine.

Comics vs Comics fight is okay. Just not too much. And not too much Marvel vs DC.

Marvel vs non-DC or DC vs non-Marvel are good ways to go. Oh we NEED MORE Marvel vs non-DC and DC vs non-Marvel - particularly those that leads to a Marvel win or DC loss.

I should note that Alucard's mindhax resistance wouldn't work against DIO's mindhax, since Flesh Buds work by physically messing with the brain while Alucard's resistance is more nonphysical.
Does that also mean Dio cannot quite defend as well against mind hax of Alucard?

That boils down to who hits first. And we know how that goes.

Because the DB team believes he wins, simple as that
As much as I want to ask you not to jump into conclusions, given Macho Man Randy Savage vs Kool-Aid Man exists... I remain silent for now.

Well, I'm not sure Dio's flesh buds are an instant win. We've never seen flesh buds immediately destroy the mind. Whereas we have seen Alucard instantly take control of a SWAT officer simply by looking him in the eye from dozens of metres away in the dark. I'm not sure who wins, but I'm seeing both sides dismiss the other as an easy win, and I can see arguments for both. No question the Alucard fans' arguments are less substantial than those of the Dio fans, with them using arguments that actually don't mean anything like bringing up sunlight and Jotaro being human. I didn't know Frieza was weaker than Alucard because a human (Krillin) had a way of harming him. What's that? That human was able to blast planets? Well I'll be... (sarcasm, sorry, couldn't resist)

However, Dio fans only ever talk about Dio tearing through Alucard's army and killing him if it's Pre-Schroedinger, and if it's Post-Schroedinger they do one of two things. Sometimes they default to an honestly pretty unreasonable argument that if Schroedinger is allowed then Heaven's Ascension should also be despite that being the equivalent of saying if Goku is allowed to use all his canon transformations then Superman should be his Pre-Crisis incarnation. One is using the strongest canon version of the character and the other is using a more powerful non-canon version. Leaving that argument aside, the real argument Dio fans make is flesh buds. However, they seem to ignore Alucard's own hax.

In my opinion, maybe Alucard can mess with Dio's mind via illusions, and maybe Dio can stop time and then physically shove a flesh bud (or several) right through Alucard's head. And maybe that would work. I think much of this fight is open to interpretation and can realistically go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back