• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Here's Ultraguy explaining himself, take it as you will...(pls don't harass him)

Screenshot_20241006_143620_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20241006_143641_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20241006_143701_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20241006_143740_Discord.jpg

If it's not too much to ask: is there a public link to the DBa Discord server? Or is it still sub only or something?

No one attack anyone about anything other than the strength of their arguement. There, got that out of the way so now we don't gave to deal with the 'you were being mean so criticism is invalid' card.

Nobody harass anyone. Just acknowledge the scaling is ass.
And the misinformation.

Not dividing the Viltrum bust nor mentioning the core destabalized is heinous. Like, actual fake news. Sun Disc calcs were a joke and scaling made no sense.

No one attack anyone about anything other than the strength of their arguement. There, got that out of the way so now we don't gave to deal with the 'you were being mean so criticism is invalid' card.

This

I ******* hate how immediately brush something across because we people were slightly mean. Nobody harass them just acknowledge how shit the research is, because then they use it to ignore criticism.

Ignoring the Sun Disk shit, how were the planet Viltrumite calcs? That seems bit interesting.
The planet was found out to be quite a bit larger, supporting a ring (of dead Viltrumites) an carrying 5 moons, with even its smallest being spherical, and they used the facts to shoe that Viltrum is quite a bit bigger than earth.

The planet was found out to be quite a bit larger, supporting a ring (of dead Viltrumites) an carrying 5 moons, with even its smallest being spherical, and they used the facts to shoe that Viltrum is quite a bit bigger than earth.

Funny how that feat doesn't even get past a downplayed King Vegeta hand wave. It's just they decided not to divide it by 3, nor mention the context on how it happened.

Actual ******* ass.

The opposite actually, they've ****** us over so thoroughly,so many times,they can't even hurt us anymore.
“ While Dreamy Bowser should be in the same ball park as pure hearts paper mario, who could react to attacks that crossed an infinite amount of dimensions, Eggman paled in comparison to this even when highball scaling to him the likes of Super Sonic, who could only travel around Ares island 5 times during his long fight with the Wyvern” or something like that

I don't know if anyone's brought this up yet, but when you think about it: Vegeta vs Shadow, Broly vs Hulk, and Vegito vs Gogeta mean that the Saiyans (I'm counting fusions as being individual Saiyans) have won three times.

In contrast, all three Goku vs Superman episodes (I'm going to count those since they have radically different information per episode), Vegeta vs Thor, Vegito vs Gogeta, and now Bardock vs Omni Man mean that the Saiyans have lost six times throughout the duration of Death Battle's existence.

Now if you want to say that Goku vs Superman only counts as one then you can do that, but it's pretty funny to think that a single race can net so many L's collectively throughout the years. It's comical.

Granted the way some of Yall are acting in this thread. It’s like deathbattle came and cucked them or smthn 💀 it ain’t that deep. Episode was good, editing was great. Research was mid. If they explained the sun disk and the whole viltrum debacle in a qna it would be way better since at least the blog that had Omniman win went and explained how needing to destroy the core doesn’t cap Omniman at planet

Granted the way some of Yall are acting in this thread. It’s like deathbattle came and cucked them or smthn 💀 it ain’t that deep. Episode was good, editing was great. Research was mid. If they explained the sun disk and the whole viltrum debacle in a qna it would be way better since at least the blog that had Omniman win went and explained how needing to destroy the core doesn’t cap Omniman at planet
I donated 250 dollars to their kick starter campaign. I'm allowed to be frustrated by objectively bad research.

In contrast, all three Goku vs Superman episodes (I'm going to count those since they have radically different information per episode), Vegeta vs Thor, Vegito vs Gogeta, and now Bardock vs Omni Man mean that the Saiyans have lost six times throughout the duration of Death Battle's existence.
There's Trunks vs Silver, as well. Unless you're only counting Pure Saiyans.

Good shit. It makes zero sense to give Bardock SSJ and then not scale him to the Supernova that actually killed/sent back in time that version of Bardock.

Vegeta destroying the planet and moon is 245 quettatons all by itself, he did it with a finger so post zenkai bardock should certainly scale.
It seems they prioritised canon when they could. Also didn’t they say that giving bardock ssj was iffy anyways

y'all consider the outcome of omni-man vs bardock to be bad because the scaling beforehand was very dubious, with the sun disc feat being taken with many assumptions in advance and directly contradicting his other feat of him needing the help of 2 other viltrumites to destroy a planet.

i consider the outcome of omni-man vs bardock to be good because it implies that the next death battles will have an element of uncertainty added to them, which in turn will make them more exciting and will create more expectation.

we are NOT the same.
That does make it more fun

I'm done going on about it, it's done, Death Battle will have to deal with the shit storm. Me being frustrated won't change the bad scaling.

Somebody ping me when someone finally dissects how bad the sun disk calc is in full detail
How much of a "shit storm" will there actually be in the general public?

I guess that's a bad question since it's impossible to know for sure.

There's Trunks vs Silver, as well. Unless you're only counting Pure Saiyans.
Oh shit, I completely forgot about Silver vs Trunks. Thanks for reminding me about it.

But yeah, I'm going to count it since Trunks is still a Saiyan regardless if he's a hybrid. And I just remembered Goku vs Reverse Black as well so, in total, this means that the Saiyan race has won three times and lost eight times throughout Death Battle's entire duration. Like holy shit

I showed the episode to a friend that isn't a powerscaler, and he was surprised by the results. He thought both were equal in their base forms, but that the Super Saiyan transformation gave Bardock the edge necessary to win.

NGL, now that other people mention it, I kinda like that Death Battle is being illogical and wankey. That means that they can throw curveballs with their research and surprise me rather than me managing to predict everything simply because I am a powerscaler that does research into each character and I know how both characters are generally scaled.

Back