• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I dunno, considering most popular games past 2013-2014 (I believe) tend to be movie games, Asura's Wrath probably could've been a series.
If you mean those like until dawn and the like, these work cuz they are vastly different in how they tackle it, you make your own story and all and choose paths, Asura Wrath isnt like that, plus most of those are horror games

vt6jf3fd2qod1.jpeg

I never understood how Godzilla gets this level of wank hype outside Ultima and whatever crossover version from that gacha or whatever most versions of big don't really get high beings planetary shit at best

I do have seen vids that say Showa era (I think it was?) Goji would be 4D and SpaceGodzilla stuff gets to infinite lul

LMAO, I always thought he was a fraud. I remember viewing a video talking about his comic and he never had an impressive feat. Just pure powerscaler wank.

Reminds me of this video from Goji-Chronic, where he scaled Godzilla in Hell to 6-D. Not to say this to slander Goji, I think he's a pretty decent power scaled YouTuber from my experience, but yeah that version of Godzilla gets the most wank I've seen from any version of the king.

Oh, so Kratos is allowed lore feats, but Godzilla isnt? I seeeee :^)
To give Kratos some credit compared to Godzilla in Hell: at least Kratos' lore scaling can plausibly exist in universe, and at least the very least it's the games and novels that take a precedence over Twitter and WOG statements.

Godzilla in Hell in the other hand? 99.9% of his scaling all comes from Twitter and cross verse scaling, it's not even comparable to Kratos.

The biggest problem with Godzilla In Hell's powerscaling stems from two things; the story's lack of dialogue, and multiple writers in a comic book with only five issues, and it's the lack of dialog that led to a lot of people asking the authors a lot of questions.

The story is almost 100% abstract (not least because that was the intention from the start if I'm not mistaken, even taking ideas from The Divine Comedy when Godzilla descended into Hell). It's the personification of nuclear terror traveling through different pockets of hell, conquering not only his enemies and obstacles, but himself at the end of the story, but that's the thing, it's almost entirely visual. We have brief narrations at the beginning of each issue (or not even that), or when God-Mountain shouts for Godzilla to submit, or when he goes through an N situation (for example, when he tricks Ghidorah and Destoroyah into destroying one of the walls of hell that was blocking his destination), nothing complex. It's one of my favorite IDW stories, but when it gets into the powerscaling business, that's where things get complicated, especially for those who are puritanical about visual feats.

I personally separate the good apples from the bad, I think it's wrong to say that every WoG based on this story is disposable, because for a story with almost zero narration, everything depends on our interpretation (which is what David Watcher wanted in the last issue). The problem is that people focus too much on superfitial questions and answers. Like, "wow, can Godzilla nuke the whole IDW megaverse?", or "wow, is Godzilla omniscient and omnipresent?".

If you mean those like until dawn and the like, these work cuz they are vastly different in how they tackle it, you make your own story and all and choose paths, Asura Wrath isnt like that, plus most of those are horror games
No, I mean games that are more story ridden than gameplay, Uncharted 4, The Last Of Us and Norse GoW for example. In fact, I think Asura's Wrath would have stood out as a movie game with its raw absurdity from its cutscenes.

But his MHS comes from BONK and when he drinks it he is incapable of using any weapons, unless would that count as a game mechanic?
There's no reason why he can't shoot or hit people while using Bonk; the actual description is that it causes a sugar overdose that makes his whole body twitch, which is how he's able to dodge bullets. He should reasonably be able to pull the trigger of a gun, but maybe you could say his accuracy would be off

Back