• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

On one hand, I do think Eggman wins but Bowser winning would be ******* hilarious considering how much shit talking the sonic fans have been doing. It’d be Billcord all over again
Duuuude the salt from billcord was CRAZY. Legit the first time I’ve ever seen someone so distraught about death battle they genuinely wanted to kill themselves and needed people to comfort them.

Nah they're gonna pull a eggman vs wily and have Metal Sonic win.

tbh they should have more episodes where the winner isn't one of the main combatants.
Eggman: We did it! We finally killed that annoying lizard!

Metal Sonic:
a picture of a cartoon character with the words metal sonic jumpscare

So far I've seen 3 potential outcomes for tomorrow
1. Nolan won due to Sun Disk and Joker vs Giorno is next
2. Bardock won due to Super Saiyan and Naruto vs Luffy is next
3. the same as 2 but Joker vs Green Goblin is next.

That is entirely possible, every time Death Battle makes an outrageous statement, the powerscaling community becomes more accepting of those beliefs.
They'll pull another Sasuke vs Hiei and Dio vs Alucard (even if some aren't quite buying Town Jojo anymore due to recent recalcs).

Ngl I haven't seen anyone post about Joker vs Green Goblin being leaked to be the next time but imo it feels more real then Joker vs Giorno.

I chose One because they have the latter mu up in the server

Wait fr? Why?
  • Death Battle being more lenient with Mario characters versus (game) Sonic characters.
  • Bowser being the favored winner in literally every versus show animation
  • Bowser having more sympathy points by fans because he "loves his troops and son" which make people side for him (changed recently thanks to Frontiers and Sage)
  • Bowser having far more lenient scaling due to Mario canon being goofy and having plenty of games to cherrypick feats from if the REALLY want Bowser to win
  • Every single versus blog favoring Bowser.
  • All the random abilities Bowser has and never uses but powerscalers say he will use to perfection in a fight​
Bowser is by far the favored choice and it will be a straight up miracle for Eggman to win. Don't forget that base Wario was put at universal last Mario match while super forms being universal still hasn't been officially said by Death Battle.

Bowser is by far the favored choice and it will be a straight up miracle for Eggman to win. Don't forget that base Wario was put at universal last Mario match while super forms being universal still hasn't been officially said by Death Battle.
Thank you for the completely unbiased take

You gotta be high to think they would ever throw Luffy in before his series ends in 2040

Naruto vs Luffy being next was def just some rando lying lol

Joker vs Giorno
seems the most plausible from what I've gathered

Tbf wario being universal was only a black box as a possible thing while bringing up King DDD potential high ends to counter
So universal Mario wasn't accepted either

One bless for Eggman is that Nemesis' prediction he said its actually debatable, so people in his group sometimes get the non-common verdicts, like Bill beating Discord. I think those folks had Madara beat Aizen & Obito beat Vader too.

One bless for Eggman is that Nemesis' prediction he said its actually debatable,
Source? (I have no idea who he is). And even then, even the biggest Bowser supporters believe it's debatable and that Eggman has a chance, so I don't see this as a full Eggman support.

Tbf wario being universal was only a black box as a possible thing while bringing up King DDD potential high ends to counter
So universal Mario wasn't accepted either
Tbh I can't see Death Battle bringing up universal base Sonic characters even as a possibility.

Source? (I have no idea who he is). And even then, even the biggest Bowser supporters believe it's debatable and that Eggman has a chance, so I don't see this as a full Eggman support.
It debatable in general but most just side with Bowser on the reason you mentioned
Even a researcher on the tema

1:47:00 if not timed. It is mostly referencing how Reddit & Twitter favor Bowser. Its not much. But people closer to research team sometimes get verdicts right.

1:47:00 if not timed. It is mostly referencing how Reddit & Twitter favor Bowser. Its not much. But people closer to research team sometimes get verdicts right.

They don't directly back up Eggman, but damn, I completely agree with what they say about casuals thinking Bowser stomps.

Bardock eating an L gonna be disgusting
Dragon Ball mu afterwards ain't looking good
Cell dies in most of his mu
Gohan can either stomp the shit outta Invincible or get a close one with Ultraman Zero
Piccolo merks Magus and game Knuckles but damn neither really interest me as a mu
Tirek stomps Moro latter down the line when the latter gets animated

Ok, diverting from this mess, lets talk about Cell for the I dunno 7th time or whatever. Using these criteria:
  • Origin
  • Powers & Arsenal
  • Purpose & Goals
  • General character
  • Similarities to Cell
Who fits best for Cell?

Garou does have vibes... but I dunno, it doesnt click for me enough.

Ok, diverting from this mess, lets talk about Cell for the I dunno 7th time or whatever. Using these criteria:
  • Origin
  • Powers & Arsenal
  • Purpose & Goals
  • General character
  • Similarities to Cell
Who fits best for Cell?

Metal Sonic technically fits these best.

Hell, thanks to IDW Neo Metal Sonic has a defined personality, so character interactions with Metal are possible.

They mentioned Base Wario having Uni scaling was shaky. So they didn't outright buy into it, they merely alluded to it. That said, I know the crew buys into Uni-Multi high tier Sonic characters, even if they're not officially/explicitly stated in episodes yet. Just sidebars alluding to it in Shadow vs Ryuko. Still, I have an easier time believing Bowser will win the episode based on everything I know.

• Origin
  • Powers & Arsenal
  • Purpose & Goals
  • General character
  • Similarities to Cell
Who fits best for Cell?

I like Zygarde personally. Especially since the anime gives him dialogue/banter potential for Cell to play off of, coupled with a fun fight dynamic that can show off fun form progression.

Metal make sense but he's so boring as a mu for cell it reeks of forcing DB vs Sonic rivalry for the sake of it also I don't see the crew having any remote interest of running back any sonic character outside Sonic

Amazo and Skrull are nothing but cape shit slop so no thank you I rather cell not get fed to characters who tickles some heralds

Back