• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I hate how Twitter knows I like DB (well I hate Twitter in general but that’s not the point). Because of this I get tons of posts from accounts who do almost nothing except talk about death battle (I call them death battle influencers), and their takes are ******* abysmal a lot of the time.

I swear half of their “wanted matchups” lists are shared with other influencers because they’re always talking about supporting matchups that other influencers want because they’re friends. So it leads to this weird circlejerk of matchups only like 12 or so Twitter accounts want and children will simp for those matchups because the influencers like them.

Remember when nemesis Bloodryche made a video saying “stop parroting my opinions” as soon as megatron vs frieza got announced? More of them need to do this.
Tbh it's why I don't bother following any DB influencer or watch them because most of the time they saying shit others already been saying
The community be putting them too much on a pedestal instead of just looking at them as regular people

A bit related or unrelated, but I tend to unfollow or take less seriously the opinions about Death Battle from people who are friends with the Death Battle staff. I feel there's a conflict of interest with those people being their friends and all. (Also, they tend to have very similar opinions to each other)

So like, could Yuji just punch Pochita out of Denji?
If Makima with her ludicrous laundry list of abilities couldn't effectively do it (tbf she initially had little reason to do so), I doubt Yuji could, not that he needs to since he has other win-cons.
Punch and use Soul Dismantles and Cleaves.
^Casing point.

Tho equipment/summon interface seldom comes up in a DB animation I've notice like Link potentially stealing Cloud's Buster Sword, Mario collecting Sonic's rings, Ben hacking Hal's ring, etc. Snake Vs Sam is probably the biggest example of outside interference and equipment sabotage actually affecting the outcome of a battle, in most cases it's actually pretty uncommon on DB.

^Casing point.

Tho equipment/summon interface seldom comes up in a DB animation I've notice like Link potentially stealing Cloud's Buster Sword, Mario collecting Sonic's rings, Ben hacking Hal's ring, etc. Snake Vs Sam is probably the biggest example of outside interference affecting the outcome of a battle, in most cases it's actually pretty uncommon on DB.
They could still do it for the animation, they did a similar thing with Dragonborn vs Chosen Undead

Back