• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DB Toei revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zamasu_Chan But that's the thing. Yes, it's closed off, but doesn't the guides also state the World of the Kais is closed off as well from the Living World? So, the closing-off portion shouldn't in any way affect him being able to sense ki.
The realm of the Kai isn’t closed off, merely separated from the universe.
But, isn't the location itself technically within the lookout? It's basically a separate Space-Time that's globally separated within its own domain within the lookout. We know this because when Vegeta destroys it, he always ends back at the Lookout and not someplace else. So, the best analogy for the lookout is the suitcase from the Fantastic Beast.

Thus, sensing still shouldn't be a problem if my understanding of this is correct. Or maybe I'm just overthinking this. I dunno
Not really cause Piccolo destroys the door and is still in the ROSAT. So it’s not like is actually contained in the lookout, more like a doorway to a different dimension. That’s why when closed, you can’t sense energy on the other side.

@Zamasu_Chan Oh, by closed off - I thought you meant it's spatially separated from the normal spatial area of the Living World.

"So it’s not like is actually contained in the lookout, more like a doorway to a different dimension. That’s why when closed, you can’t sense energy on the other side."

We both agree on it much more like a doorway to a different dimension. The problem I've with it is this: Suppose you have a global area, and then someplace else you've a local area that's spatially separated from the global area completely - And it itself has its own different effects. The only way to get inside this local area is through a door. Suppose I was to destroy this door from inside the local area, you're still trapped inside because opening it is the only way the two areas are connected. Thus, the only way to get out of this 'local area' would be to either completely warps the area, destroy a significant portion of it, or outright destroy the whole thing.

I take this particular interpretation because whenever Vegeta destroys it, he should end up somewhere completely different if the dimension is actually located someplace who knows where. Yet, it's always depicted as him ending back inside the Lookout. And would explain why when you warp the Spatial area of the place, it always goes back to the lookout instead of some completely randomized place in or outside the Living World.

But I'll drop it since it's getting... a bit off topic. Thanks for answering my questions! it's appreciated.

Why did you use the DB wiki instead of providing scans? The only major statements are allowing a person, or a person's mind, to time travel, and that you can't alter past events. None of those statements actually contradict what Popo said.
Because I didn't feel the need to. This is common knowledge. Those statements don't have to contradict what Popo said. It adds context. A meaning of the statement is analyzed by the context surrounding it, not from taking the statement in isolation by leaving out the context.

Since I have that japanese text, I'll ask people in the translation request thread. Also, generate hype is such a low tier argument.
Doesn't matter because previews are still not reliable. And it's not an argument, it's a fact. Previews are there solely to generate hype for the next episode. If it didn't happen in the actual episode, then it doesn't exist and didn't happen.

Why are you using manga statements for the anime when they're different? You’re also wrong, because nothing is ever stated by the narrator during this scene.
The narration states this in the very next page of the manga. The chapter ends exactly where the episode ends, and the next chapter starts with the same narration that is used to close off the episode. It's obvious both are trying to go for the same thing. They are poetic dialogues meant to smoothen a transition between two chapters/episodes. The anime just picked it up from the manga and changed the statement a little bit.

Isn’t that rather counterintuitive? You agree it's not drawn to scale but you disregard the statement because it's drawn as a planet?
No. Not drawn to scale means that there can be margin for error in the drawing. It won't be exact but it will still capture the intrinsic view of what it is supposed to be. If something is not drawn to scale but is represented as a planet, you can at most say that it's either a small planet, a medium sized planet, or a large planet, within the confines of common sense. You don't say it's a universe-sized planet.

The existence of a small dimension does not change the cosmology in the bigger aspect of things. My point was that none of the points in your CRT actually point to a huge change in how we would treat the cosmology, besides that one poetic statement which is used for transition.

Picture it like this: Buuhan is destroying all of space and time and all that left over matter from the dimensions will crush each other.
There has already been enough discussion on this point. Both in this thread, and in prior threads. I don't see any new point.

Buu's Outside Space feat, although some may disagree with it being due to combat statistics, should definitely be 3-A Environment destruction imo.

No. Not drawn to scale means that there can be margin for error in the drawing. It won't be exact but it will still capture the intrinsic view of what it is supposed to be.
I think what they mean is that its visually inaccurate.
If something is not drawn to scale but is represented as a planet, you can at most say that it's either a small planet, a medium sized planet, or a large planet, within the confines of common sense. You don't say it's a universe-sized planet.
I disagree, especially in fiction, they can depict a planet any size they want. it can be small planet, star, galaxy, uni, infinite in size, etc.
And literally everything clearly indicates that they intend for Heaven to be uni sized. Especially since its meant to contain literally the dead mortals of the living universe, it would make very little sense for it to be planet sized.

I mostly agree with this crt

I was never on the list and I already removed myself from supporters.
You were listed there. I just removed you after you told me to. You can check the history section for the page.

also would SSJ4 Goku be 2-C or bordering on it due to surviving a beating from Omega?
Goku only scales to omega with the dragon fist, although omega is stated 10x or greater than before which makes the scaling really weird because that would mean a >10x takes them from low 2-C to 2-C.

Instead of incessantly complaining—hurr durr, watch the wiki change their standards because Dragon Ball—you could always try and be progressive.

Goku only scales to omega with the dragon fist, although omega is stated 10x or greater than before which makes the scaling really weird because that would mean a >10x takes them from low 2-C to 2-C.
so as I said, Goku if not 2-C would be bordering on it as one of the highest low 2-Cs?

i mean he survived a heavy beating from a 2-C in a serious death match. are you sure about that? wouldn't be surprised if that'd make his durability 2-C outright.
He's more than 10x weaker than baseline, he barely even survived. Scaling his durability over his attack potency doesn't make sense either as he is still comparable to syn who could harm him.

He's more than 10x weaker than baseline, he barely even survived. Scaling his durability over his attack potency doesn't make sense either as he is still comparable to syn who could harm him.
fair enough, but surviving a beating from a 2-C should give him a better feat putting him higher into Low 2-C than DBS for now. actually Omega even flinched from some of his attacks looking back on it now. not trying to turn this into a battle debate, but its more of clarification on how highly I think low 2-C Goku should be regarded as.

Last edited:
I call dibs on making Broly Saga SSB Goku fight Low 2-C SSJ4 Goku
pretty sure GT's scaling chain would shit on Super's in the low 2-C department considering base GT Goku is already rivaling his SSJ3 self at the beginning of GT before he got way stronger many times on top of transformations. you're getting into the thousands of times above baseline low 2-C there, ignoring the fact SSJ4 Goku was able to semi-hurt and take attacks from a 2-C. their speed is also likely really high since the numbered speed rating is from base Goku in other world 7 years before the Buu Saga.

pretty sure GT's scaling chain would shit on Super's in the low 2-C department considering base GT Goku is already rivaling his SSJ3 self at the beginning of GT before he got way stronger many times on top of transformations. their speed is also likely really high since the numbered speed rating is from base Goku in other world 7 years before the Buu Saga.
I cannot believe we live in the Era of Base GT Goku solos DBSverse 😂😂😂

I cannot believe we live in the Era of Base GT Goku solos DBSverse 😂😂😂
honestly I think the gap is quite bigger when not using this tiering system. people tend to forget GT is apart of Toeiverse and operates on entirely different logic. i'm actually impressed by this wiki for acknowledging the difference though regarding them being different canons with separate logic. i rarely ever see people mention this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back