• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You are giving a High 3-A rating to someone who has no feats to scale to such rating, thats a faulty use of multipliers.

Id understand if Base Goku was like, 1/2 of his SSJ3 form.
Downscaling a character via accepted, official multipliers is not a "faulty use of multipliers," it's just "the rating is too high for my liking." You can't pick and choose when it is and isn't appropriate to downscale from an official multiplier
Back then we had Low 2-C Blueku via scaling above Infinite Zamasu YEEEET his SSG stayed 3-A despite being 1/50th of his SSB self
Edited Comment: I initially misunderstood what you were talking about. And the thing is that SSB being 50x SSG is never actually stated or anything like that, so I'd argue that's not valid since it's actually reasoned from something else. And if you wanna say that it is a valid multiplier, then I'd say that SSG Goku should've been Low 2-C. Bad whataboutism is bad

28364e34888cc5d5c073d95d793b34a9ec0cb20e.jpg

Vegeta only says Goku became stronger than Kid Gohan once he saw him SSJ2. still a benchmark.

Piccolo ALSO couldn't tell if Majin Vegeta was stronger than Gohan was back at Cell Games.

Not really headcanon when the narrative implies as such

Lemme find Dabura and SSJ2 Adult Gohan statements which ALSO imply they at least are > SSJ Goku and Vegeta.

This wouldn"t be the case if Base Goku and Geets were > SPC.

Nothing is really stopping us from putting Perfect Cell and above at High 3-A, we already list him being a threat to the universe in the profile.
Plus, it'd make the anime versions consistent with the Broly movie, so there's that too

Downscaling a character via accepted, official multipliers is not a "faulty use of multipliers," it's just "the rating is too high for my liking." You can't pick and choose when it is and isn't appropriate to downscale from an official multiplier

Edited Comment: I initially misunderstood what you were talking about. And the thing is that SSB being 50x SSG is never actually stated or anything like that, so I'd argue that's not valid since it's actually reasoned from something else. And if you wanna say that it is a valid multiplier, then I'd say that SSG Goku should've been Low 2-C. Bad whataboutism is bad
X scales above 4-A/3-C feats, but their strongest transformation can casually perform a High 3-A feat. X himself doesn't have High 3-A feats so he shouldn't scale because he can't perform High 3-A feats without said power up.

1/400th is a extremely big gap to even downscale like that. Its a lot of one shot gaps to even scale to a feat. Especially when Base and SSJ can't do jack to a SSJ3. SSJ2 is more debatable ig bc what Final Explosion did to Buu, and Buu is somewhat comparable ton an albeit casual SSJ3 Goku.

(Unless you want to argue pre god BoG Goku scaling to 1/160000 of his actual SSG accepted multiplier), youd technically still get 2-C. See where the problem is?

X scales above 4-A/3-C feats, but their strongest transformation can casually perform a High 3-A feat. X himself doesn't have High 3-A feats so he shouldn't scale because he can't perform High 3-A feats without said power up.

1/400th is a extremely big gap to even downscale like that. Its a lot of one shot gaps to even scale to a feat. Especially when Base and SSJ can't do jack to a SSJ3. SSJ2 is more debatable ig bc what Final Explosion did to Buu, and Buu is somewhat comparable ton an albeit casual SSJ3 Goku.
High 3-A is infinite power. Infinity divided by 400 is still infinity. That's simply how it works, whether you like it or not.
(Unless you want to argue pre god BoG Goku scaling to 1/160000 of his actual SSG accepted multiplier), youd technically still get 2-C. See where the problem is?
There is no stated multiplier for SSG so this is a false equivalence. Stop using things that don't have in-universe stated multipliers

IIRC The wikia uses multipliers to upscale from X feat to an higher rating if they are close enough to the next feat

I don't ever remember multipliers ever being used to downscale weaker forms from a feat performed by an far stronger power up. Especially when theres literally like 2 or 3 one shot gaps in between them (because SSJ3 claps SSJ2, SSJ2 stomps SSJ and so on).

It's actually illogical because the weaker forms actually can't or haven't shown to perform these feats or something near them.

EDIT: and nope, SSG isnt false equivalence because its an accepted multiplier in scaling chains and speed calcs just like SSJ3's 400x figure.

It looks like we'll run into issues no matter which way you go about it. (Same as how we have Cell as being Galaxy buster despite still having his original statement spoken in the anime where he boasts about blowing away the Solar System. Just because it's accepted on our profiles doesn't mean it isn't weird)

So people should just vote for what they think the best solution is here.

You are giving a High 3-A rating to someone who has no feats to scale to such rating, thats a faulty use of multipliers.

Id understand if Base Goku was like, 1/2 of his SSJ3 form.

Back then we had Low 2-C Blueku via scaling above Infinite Zamasu YEEEET his SSG stayed 3-A despite being 1/50th of his SSB self
400 is less than infinity by an infinite amount.

IIRC The wikia uses multipliers to upscale from X feat to an higher rating if they are close enough to the next feat
The reverse can also happen if the higher form is the one doing the feat and there's a stated multiplier
I don't ever remember multipliers ever being used to downscale weaker forms from a feat performed by an far stronger power up. Especially when theres literally like 2 or 3 one shot gaps in between them (because SSJ3 claps SSJ2, SSJ2 stomps SSJ and so on).

It's actually illogical.
Can you please stop alluding to other stuff and just focus on Dragon Ball? What separates other verses' cases of downscaling weaker forms is that said weaker forms might not have official multipliers to downscale from. It's an objective fact that SSJ3 is 400x base form, because of in-universe statements. Thus, we can say that the base form is 1/400 of SSJ3. And if SSJ3 Goku does a High 3-A feat, we divide by 400 to get the base form's AP, which would still be High 3-A since Infinity / 400 = Infinity.

There is nothing illogical in that. What is illogical is trying to remove said scaling just because the value it results in is "too high" without any actual reason beyond this

It looks like we'll run into issues no matter which way you go about it. (Same as how we have Cell as being Galaxy buster despite still having his original statement spoken in the anime where he boasts about blowing away the Solar System. Just because it's accepted on our profiles doesn't mean it isn't weird)
I believe we treat it like Frieza acting like Planet Busting is impressive in ToP.

The reverse can also happen if the higher form is the one doing the feat and there's a stated multiplier

Can you please stop alluding to other stuff and just focus on Dragon Ball? What separates other verses' cases of downscaling weaker forms is that said weaker forms might not have official multipliers to downscale from. It's an objective fact that SSJ3 is 400x base form, because of in-universe statements. Thus, we can say that the base form is 1/400 of SSJ3. And if SSJ3 Goku does a High 3-A feat, we divide by 400 to get the base form's AP, which would still be High 3-A since Infinity / 400 = Infinity.

There is nothing illogical in that. What is illogical is trying to remove said scaling just because the value it results in is "too high" without any actual reason beyond this
Because theres no feats from the weaker forms that scale them to High 3-A so you cant suddenly jump from 3-C to the highest bound of tier 3 like that. Its not argument of incredulity it giving a rating to a character in all their forms when only their strongest form can do said thing.

The gap being infinite in cosmology scaling =/= it being infinite in verse.

Because theres no feats from the weaker forms that scale them to High 3-A so you cant suddenly jump from 3-C to the highest bound of tier 3 like that. Its not argument of incredulity it giving a rating to a character in all their forms when only their strongest form can do said thing.
I literally don't care, that's still argument from incredulity because you're demanding that specific thing otherwise you'll just ignore statements from the verse and go with headcanon scaling
The gap being infinite in cosmology scaling =/= it being infinite in verse.
Dude what does this even mean?

You know, yall can do what you want with the High 3-A ratings as I dont think wed ever get to agree on that topic.

My point with the SSJ2s and Pikkon scaling still stands though.

You know, yall can do what you want with the High 3-A ratings as I dont think wed ever get to agree on that topic.

My point with the SSJ2s and Pikkon scaling still stands though.
Tbh I'm not even sure what your point with the SSJ2's and Pikkon scaling is. Could you clarify?

My suggestion is to drop all the Other World Tournament scaling altogether, because it doesn't make any sense to what was presented later in the Buu Saga.
●SSJ2 Adult Gohan was registered in Kilis to be far, far stronger than SSJ Goku showed in Babidis Ship. Yet we rate Base Goku to be infinitely stronger than a Cell era SSJ2 Gohan whos actually stronger than the Adult one (Vegeta's words).
●Gohan and Dabura fought on par, Dabura was compared to Cell (wheter it is Perfect or Super Perfect is debatable, but point still stands). Dabura thought he could 1v3 The Saiyans even though he saw SSJ Goku before against Yakon and he also didn't think he was anything impressive.
●Scans I presented earlier suggest Majin Vegeta and Goku surpassed CG Gohan only when they became SSJ2s, with even doubts from Piccolos part on if Vegeta surpassed Gohan meaning the gap was minimal which also refutes any Other World Tournament scaling we have here.

I propose:

SSJ2 Goku/Majin Vegeta >~ SSJ2 Kid Gohan ?? SPC ?? Dabura (= Perfect?) ~ SSJ2 Adult Gohan > SSJ Goku >>> Base Goku.

Which also means either: Gohan, Cell and Dabura in their Toei versions ALSO scale to High 3-A or just downgrade them all to 3-C altogether. Which I would make a poll on too

And since we'll have SSJ Goku and Kid Gohan relative due to this, there's also Bojack who should scale as well. Pikkon would stand relative to/stronger than post-CG SSJ Goku due to him beating Cell being a complete outlier for the things I said before

(And no, smth like Gohan scaling but Cell not also ain't it bc of Dabura. Say base goku and cell being an 1 with ssj2 kid gohan being relative to ssj2 gokus 100 wouldn't work because dabura whos cell tier HAS to be >50 via scaling above SSJ Goku).

Last edited:
Which also means either: Gohan, Cell and Dabura in their Toei versions ALSO scale to High 3-A or just downgrade them all to 3-C altogether. Which I would make a poll on too
They all upscale from SSJ Goku, who is only finitely weaker than his SSJ3 High 3-A self. Keeping them at 3-C makes no sense

Back