• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day (Game Thread 3)

"The problem is not the mines, i and some other people are feeling a stranger danger nearby, we don't know what it is, but we are trying to find out"

Further scanning fails to determine the presence of anything but the group [everyone has good reason to believe that it was a false alarm or caused by the mines]

"If there is danger around besides the mines, waiting around here until it shows up isn't a good idea. We should try to move either way."

One of Secundus' bodies floats forward towards the city to check if there are any other dangers in the way, if there are not then the other bodies would also follow.

"I would like to remind you that I have teleported the mines elsewhere, we can proceed ... but with caution, this place is too calm," I exclaim, turning to the group.

"You never know, there might be more defenses, so let's wait and see if Secundus' body gets destroyed."

Sieg responds to the psychic man.

In the meanwhile, he attempts to use his magicoule control to open a wormhole from his location to inside the city.

The body does not find anything else, but Sieg's wormhole is unable to extend more than a few meters forwards.

"Uh ... Nothing."

Sieg follows Secundus to the city, while summoning the Staff of Circe [In exchange for the Muramasa] in his left hand and casting a barrier on himself just in case

The city appears barren, although Puppen can tell that the towers are, rather than buildings, massive computers.

[Mind giving a description of how the towers look like ?]

Quite the odd place.

Sieg looks around the city for anything noteworthy.

[@Overlord they resemble segmented metal towers, seemingly solid from the outside, although extending significantly higher than any buildings from your time]

Jakovich walked across the path and towards the city, eyeing the massive skyscrapers of... computers? That wasn't exactly a sight he saw every day. Perhaps there was something to learn from it... "Care to see if I can improve any information out of it?" He offered, gazing upon the array of computers all about.

How... interesting.

Solomon follows the others into the city, taking in the sight of the large towers.

This is something new.

Abarim, who'd been extremely quiet and still up this point, starts walking forward with everyone else.

"... They didn't make computers that big in our time. Then again, I don't think the monsters we've been fighting make computers at all, so this could be a respite."

Meretrix follow the others, while also trying to analyze the towers to see if there is some type of defense or humans there

@Pheenie

"Hey, did you felt some kind of "danger" when we were back there?"

Meretrix whispers to Secundus

The wind flowing between the massive spires whose bases alone dwarf conventional neighborhoods resembles that of a low, distant groan, almost human-sounding...

What appears to have been streets within the "city" gradually become flat plates of some metallic substance, although it seems to ripple when touched. Secundus and Meretrix are unable to determine much of what is being stored within the towers, although there definitely aren't any people. This is less due to any sort of protection and more the fact that even conservative estimates put the information they're analyzing at less than 0.000001% of what is actually being used by the whole of their structure, which itself extends far underground. They can, however, discern that it is trying and failing to analyse them.

Sieg switches the Eye of Horus with the Flesh of Christ, then places the holy bread on the metallic ground and waits for something to happen.

"Welp, another battle, why not? I swear that we won't get a break until one of us dies"

Meretrix says as she sets up her shields to everyone once again while she prepares her purple attacks once again

Jakovich kneeled to the ground, placing a palm against the ground, improving and connecting the two of them - the grand mechanical structure and the watchers, and him, improving their very relationship and connection.

"...Hey!"

A telepathic message of sorts that, though the improved bond, should be translated and easily understandable to the beings observing them.

Secundus and his 2 other bodies continue analyzing.

"I did detect danger, yes." One of them replies to Meretrix.

I raise a hand slightly, creating psychic threads from my fingers and expanding them like a spider web, attaching them to the ground and to the walls of buildings, extending throughout the city. The psychic threads act as sensors, warning me of dangers and analyzing with psychometry everything they touch.

John's threads find an massive, labyrinthine complex beneath the city, although its exact composition and function eludes him for the moment, seemingly due to some sort of magicule dampening.

There's an even more crushing silence before a terminal appears on a nearby wall. It's a text prompt, with the only other thing on-screen being "Hello?"

Jakovich walks on over to it, conceptually applying the knowledge he needs to operate it with a touch. He put back in -

"Hello! My name is Jakovich, leader of this group and an individual of magicule prowess looking to purify the world of evil!"

Naturally, he used his body to make sure nobody else could see his bullshit.

"It's saying hi."

@Mori and @Over

Meretrix reads Jakovich's mind, knowing about what he did

"He respond with "Hello! My name is Jakovich, leader of this group and an individual of magicule prowess looking to purify the world of evil!"" Meretrix says while doing a terrible impression of Jakovich's voice

"Dick" Meretrix says to Jakovich

Back