• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters scaled from Katana and Spider-Man need to have their statistics revised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fully applicable to him considering he even states he only broke it by hitting it in its weak spot

"Everything has a weak spot, Rose. If you can find it..... It Breaks!"

Yeah I'm here. I just don't really know enough calcs/relevant feats that haven't already been mentioned. 9-A to 8-C DC people at least seem to be sorta consistent through durability scaling.

ZephyrosOmega said:
on that note marvel street tiers should have lightspeed reactions and combat speed based off a lotta shit
Yeah probably, I'm confident when I actually start searching that I could find over 100 feats of FTL dodging.

For almost every Marvel and DC 'FTL dodge' in street tier, one of two things is true:

1. It is a 'laser' weapon that demonstrably is not lightspeed.

2. It's an outlier

And barring those being true, as Qaw brings up, there are dozens of feats in the opposite direction for every individual 'FTL dodge' that allegedly exists.

True, but Marvel unlike DC has three prominent people we accept as their laser as lightspeed. Though this is probably not the time to talk about this.

Actually, I think that in Marvel, the 8-As are far more controversial than the 7-Cs, considering they scale from gags feats, either of Deadpool or of Wolverine, or from Captain America, whose 8-A calc is apparently controversial.

This is especially weird considering characters like Wolverine, Captain America and Deadpool are potrayed as being approximately on the same level as Daredevil, Punisher and Kingpin.

Js250476 said:
This thread is mainly about giving them new tiers so speed probably isn't a relevant thing to discus here.
Well, the initial post mentioned ALL statistics. And speed is one of them. So, I think it is relevant to talk about.

So.. is it valid for me to ask for a downgrade of 8-As to 9-As?

Except for those occasional insane durability feat, almost all of them are approximately the same level as Punisher and friends, and these are characters who are shown to be very vulnerable to bullets

Zark2099 said:
So.. is it valid for me to ask for a downgrade of 8-As to 9-As?
Except for those occasional insane durability feat, almost all of them are approximately the same level as Punisher and friends, and these are characters who are shown to be very vulnerable to bullets
Bullets, as a whole, can't be taken seriously in Marvel Comics or DC Comics as a whole. They're hella inconsistent. Then again they also have feats of resisting bullets as a whole so I don't know.

Point being, 8-As and 9-As are shown to be very similiar in terms of actual combat prowess.

Do they? I can only remember Wolverine ever resisting bullets and that's due to his skeleton. Everyone else only does it with armor or gets shot normally afaik.

Matt's respect thread for Cap shows an image of Cap resisting a handgun bullet from a Hydra pistol and being completely unscathed, despite it ripping his suit apart.

I also remember Wolvie taking gunshots and emerging completely unscratched, even his suit was in perfect condition, and it isn't even made to withstand bullets.

Lolwut, that's totally different from their regular potrayals... Deadpool and Wolverine definitely can get damaged by bullets, it's usually how writers get to show their healing factors anyway

Guys, are we gonna ignore the fact that ******* SPAWN has gotten hurt by bullets at points?

They're basically the walking outlier of every comic universe ever. Taking them seriously is incredibly hard to do unless the notion that they can indeed harm a character is beaten in again and again and again. And even then, they should be taken with a grain of salt.

I already tried calculating something in the air from 900 meters away and I got Small Town Level results. So it being seen miles away depending on its size might be much much greater than that.

Huesito88 said:
I already tried calculating something in the air from 900 meters away and I got Small Town Level results. So it being seen miles away depending on its size might be much much greater than that.
I assume you used Inverse Square Law?

Also, shouldn't Magneto at least have dura comparable to his striking strength?

I really don't think we should be using the higher-end explosion durability to determine the tiers of DC's and Marvel's street tier characters (at least for their normal base levels). Virtually none of their striking/AP feats ever compares to such durability and I'm certain you could find comics where even regular/normal humans have survived massive explosions, it mostly just seems to be cases of plot contrivance and/or writers misunderstanding how powerful explosions can be. I mean yeah, death of the author and whatnot, but in these cases I think we should make an exception since DC and Marvel have always been wonky about power levels and having near-nuke like power is just way above their consistent ends.

Street tiers having 9-A for unenhanced to High 8-C at most for very enhanced seems to be the most consistent for actual AP feats, and should probably be what we should be focused on.

Huesito88 said:
Methane is a form of gas so it cannot be measured as a explosion barring it actually behaving like one. only the heat can be assumed to be tanked which is 9-B at most otherwise.

Yeah I was kinda confused when he said Methane explosion. (Thinking if it was gas or not from the comic and what Prince said)

Mr. Redic said:
I really don't think we should be using the higher-end explosion durability to determine the tiers of DC's and Marvel's street tier characters (at least for their normal base levels). Virtually none of their striking/AP feats ever compares to such durability and I'm certain you could find comics where even regular/normal humans have survived massive explosions, it mostly just seems to be cases of plot contrivance and/or writers misunderstanding how powerful explosions can be. I mean yeah, death of the author and whatnot, but in these cases I think we should make an exception since DC and Marvel have always been wonky about power levels and having near-nuke like power is just way above their consistent ends.

Street tiers having 9-A for unenhanced to High 8-C at most for very enhanced seems to be the most consistent for actual AP feats, and should probably be what we should be focused on.
Yes, 9-A for Daredevil tiers and High 8-C for Spider-Man tiers seems more logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back