• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters scaled from Katana and Spider-Man need to have their statistics revised

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Spider-Man's attack potency should be town level + or at least small city level seeing bow he effortlessly took out the trinsentinal. His reaction and combat speed should remain the same being relativistic. But there should be more references and there are a ton. Spider-Man had dodged light speed attacks pretty consistently. Basically take any fight he's had with light master and any scans in which he dodges his attacks seeing how he is confirmed to he light speed. Plus Spider-Man is definitely stronger than characters like Captain America, Deadpool and Wolverine seeing hiw he KOs them and they are multi city block durability.

He was Captain Universe when he defeated the Tri-Sentinel.

Also, those types of links can potentially be dangerous to our members, so I removed it from your post.

Fisk isn't actually comparable to Spiderman from what I recall, he's only supposed to be at peak human level physique due to being composed almost entirely of muscle.

Anyway, I don't want to act as a stonewall due to arguing from disbelief.

The most important priority is that we find better calculated feats to scale from.

Antvasima said:
He was Captain Universe when he defeated the Tri-Sentinel.

Also, those types of links can potentially be dangerous to our members, so I removed it from your post.
Im talking about the new run. Amazing Spider-Man #3 by Nick Spencer (2018) he literally destroyed the tri sentinel inside and out and later in does the same for other sentinels. We've also seen him take on and beat iron man (Arnold stark) with ease even ripping his iron man apart. He may be wearing the black symbiote suit but Venom himself stated that the symbiote never really amped Spider-Man's strength. It just gave him the illusion it did to boost his confidence.

Code:
The comics where you can find it are Amazing Spider-Man 2018 #3
Amazing Spider-Man 1963 annual 20 where he fights Iron Man 2020

And here is the scan on Venoms's statement

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111127013/4745403-uhuyh.png

Shouldn't Vulture be 9-A then? Early on in the Superior Spider-Man run, it is stated that Spider-Man held back immensely while fighting him due to his old age, and then Doc Ock Spidey wrecks his shit immensely.

I dunno, Vulture uses a powered suit, is more consistently treated as Spider-Man level and has better feats than Kingpin.

Kingpin beating spiderman is PSI. Spider-Man has been able to take on Morlun and made him bleed. Morlun has even broken through and adamantium net. Plus Spider-Man has held his own and drew blood from Venom on multiple occasions. He even punched him so hard he sent him flying ripping through streets and one time hit him hard enough it caused a immature shock wave. Plus characters like Kraven have beaten Deadpool or at least is stated to have had the upper hand the majority of the fight. Spider-Man has even knocked out tombstone with minimum effort who has gone blow for blow with Luke Cage. I still think Spider-Man should be town level to small city level. A lot of people tend to say "Spider-Man struggles with his villains but other heroes beat them with no problem" like when Luke Cage one shoted Venom and Rhino but when Spidey one shots a character of the same caliber its all of a sudden PSI or an outlier. It's kinda odd seeing how Iron Fist has admitted he would loose to Peter and the same Iron Fist has beaten Luke Cage. Plus characters like Deadpool was able to take on and have the upper hand when fighting both Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

All I'm saying is that it's a bit of a double standard.

No, he beats up Scorpion later on. I'm talking earlier than that, where Ock rams Vulture into a police spotlight.

Also, Vulture has kinda been potrayed as going down in a few punches anyway

So Deathstroke mentions the glass of being capable of resisting Exocet missiles.

Any idea on how powerful those things are?

>Large Building Spiderman tiers

Lolwut

You can make up an infinite number of cases that are contrived and not logically consistent with itself because "Marvel and DC are inconsistent," which makes it very difficult to argue against because no one can make a reasonable case against such sweeping generalizations (that also become heavily enforced rules, i.e. this site's comics scaling rules)

But this is just like, blatant downplay for the sake of "lol comics"

this message is kind of dumb because "inconsistency" has been used as a reason to downgrade Marvel and DC on cosmic, street, and herald tiers when it does not consistently follow through with the argument no matter what. i.e. using regular superheroes beating Marvel Nyx as a reason against upgrades for Nyx, despite that making no sense according to their stats regardless of the case. same with this whole "regular humans can compare to Marvel street tiers so lets downgrade them to tiers humans still cannot achieve".

Spiderman and comparable characters can be hurt by bullets. Let's just downgrade them to wall, shall we?

"it mostly just seems to be cases of plot contrivance and/or writers misunderstanding how powerful explosions can be" This is deadass one of the most arrogant things i've seen on this site. "The writers are the ones at fault, clearly WE'RE the judge of things and can ignore feats however we want because the writers just don't get it." is a really shitty message to put out for this site

Well I will say that regardless of one what may believe to be truly consistent, it's a fact the feats we're picking and choosing represent a very small portion of the totality of the feats and hard anti-feats the characters have.

We're not the judge of jackshit FYI. We're literally trying to index character stats with consistency, and it's not a huge suprise that literally every writer and storyteller out there isn't exactly a physicist or a biologist.

Your textwall is just reiterating points already addressed and slowing progress. Please read the thread before commenting next time

I guess by your logic Odin shouldn't even be multy galaxy because one writer is like "nah bro, that's too much". This is the double standard for characters I'm referring to. When Luke Cage does a crazy feat is like "he's totally more powerful than Spider-Man so let's keep him there" Spider-Man does a crazy feat "lol that's an outlier so let's downgrade him"

Don't get me wrong I know where you're getting at but the whole inconsistency thing shouldn't make the character suffer because the writer finds it more convenient for them to be harmed by weaker characters or bullets because it would be too hard to write a story when your character can withstand anything a random thug can dish out. Look at Star Wars for a second. This site has them as town level to planetary. But how come the Jedi listed in that tier all almost went extinct because some random clones with fodder blasters were there huh?

In Spider-Man's case I have scans of Peter performing the same feat and getting different results every time. Peter has punched light poles and broken them. In one issue he does this with ease but in another issue an older more powerful Spider-Man is like "ow that almost broke my hand". See what I'm getting at. If you use the same "it's inconsistent" logic then it goes for both ways. Remember that time he beat Fire lord with his bare hands? It's canon and has been referred to many times in the comics. Even in the new 2018 run. I guess by that logic he should he herald level right? I mean he's made Infernal Hulk bleed and he's knocked out a copy if Thor before. Not to mention he even staggered Thanos with a kick. So is he a cosmic threat? Obviously not but that's what I'm getting at.

By this logic Hulk should be brought down to planetary because him scaling from other characters s inconsistent and he has never actually destroyed a solar system before so why do we wank him to he on Thor's tiers. This is using your logic. The inconsistency argument while understandable is convenient for those who downplay a character. PS Goku is only wall level cause he got harmed by bullets and that rock krillin threw and that fodder laser during resurrection of F

I don't know what we're discussing now, but I am 100% against a downgrade for the 8-A characters.

For Spider-Man, he would be "at least 8-A" unless there are better feats.

If MCU Captain America managed to get a High 6-B rating for shortly holding Thor's hammer, shouldn't canon Captain America get the same treatment but with a 4-B rating instead.

Not Icarus said:
If MCU Captain America managed to get a High 6-B rating for shortly holding Thor's hammer, shouldn't canon Captain America get the same treatment but with a 4-B rating instead.
You are correct. MagicKick is correct, Zark is also correct. Everyone is correct here. However the thing is, there is no possible way to make Marvel and DC "consistent" in anyway. We just have to decide the best ratings for the characters.

Also why does MCU Ironman have no 8-A durability and striking power key on his profile when he has officially lost to canon Captain America.

Not Icarus said:
Also why does MCU Ironman have no 8-A durability and striking power key on his profile when he has officially lost to canon Captain America.
Someone forgot to remove the fight I guess.

EDIT: It's been fixed, and Iron Man's fight with Mjolnir Cap has been added.

Can't it be restricted though? It's definitely a tier jumping item. And judging by the amount of time that has passed, I supposed that the 3-A MCU Infinity Gauntlet got rejected.

Listen, I know you all want to help, but keep on bringing up anti-feats or outliers isn't really helpful. I'm not denying that those are legit feats or that your argument makes sense, but to try and make Marvel and DC consistent is like telling the Sun to rise from the west. Imma go back to studying, but while you discuss this revisions, please keep in mind some guidelines we have for getting reliable statistics for these characters:

1. Direct feats: Feats directly performed by the character that can be mathematically quantified would be top priority, but we still need to decide whether the rating makes sense.

2. Common sense: I know this is very vague and unclear, but basically we just have to rate characters by how strong they are depicted as. For example, Hulk is clearly portrayed as far stronger than Captain America. Or a less extreme example, Thor is depicted as around as strong as Hulk.

3. Official comparisons: We have decided against using guidebook ratings for a long period of time already, but you can get a rough gauge of which characters are comparable to which.

I'll go back to studying for now. Hopefully this goes alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back