• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters scaled from Katana and Spider-Man need to have their statistics revised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the best solution is if somebody changes all of the "shown here" mentions to brief descriptions of the feats, as this is our usual praxis.

With that many abilities, would that not still clutter it further? Moving the entirety of that to its own 'Feats' section, complete with citation and description both, would make it more easily-navigable and aesthetically pleasing I would imagine.

Not to dismiss your statement at all, rather to introduce an outside-the-box idea that might end up looking better in the long-run for larger profiles. Another example would be Doctor Doom and his infamous essay of abilities

To start with we should solve the problem in the standard manner.

Suddenly introducing questionable custom solutions that have not been accepted by the staff at large seems like a bad idea.

Would you or somebody else be willing to help me with this?

Entirely fair, I can bring up that idea of mine on another thread.

I can attempt to help clean it up later today if I have time, can't really do much at the gym right now.

@Ant

Currently working on the profiles. If I come across things that objectively do not fit the profile, may I remove them? For instance:

Status Effect Inducement is listed, and the feats provided consist of Iron Man making his Uni-Beam flare up to blind an opponent, which is only a Status Effect in the most absurdly broad of senses, and the second feat is him coating Matt Murdock in the Endo-Sym armor to restrict him, which is Technology Manipulation due to the neurokinetic properties of the suit, not SEI.

Thoughts?

There is so much wrong with this profile what the ****.

Some of the linked feats are even outright incorrect; a Heat Manipulation feat is under Acid Manipulation, for instance, and some of them aren't even feats but rather unsubstantiated claims.

I'm currently simply rewording the 'Shown heres' to reflect what they link, and then we can further pare down this profile but it will need more work

You can probably remove the blatantly incorrect powers, yes. Again, thank you for the help.

Alright it's entirely updated, Ant.

It's absurdly long because I didn't take the liberty of removing every repetitive feat, but I did the bare minimum of what was essential to make it fall in-line with the rest of our profiles.

Thanks for letting me help out! You can likely close the profile again unless you want me to further remove redunancies.

Alright, should be fully complete and good to lock until such a time as we want to remove redundancies and de-clutter the profile futher.

Good to lock.

I will unlock the page again, so somebody can fix it.

Good call, didn't think of that.

Done, fully updated with that redundancy removed. Apologies for having you lock and unlock the profile so often, Ant, but it's once again good to lock.

Okay. Thanks. No problem. Let's return to the main discussion then.

Base Spider-Man is really the only problem in his tiering that's hard to figure out.

Are most people at least in agreement about 7-C The Other Spidey?

It's still incorrect, the volume is ridiculously inflated for a chopper that small, to put into perspecitve

A M1 abrams weighing 60,000 kgs only yields 3.750 gigajoules through violent fragmentation assuming basic steel, that's less than a ton of TNT, there is no way in hell a helicopter that small is anywhere near 60 tons of pure steel.

It's still incorrect, the volume is ridiculously inflated for a chopper that small, to put into perspecitve

A M1 abrams weighing 60,000 kgs only yields 3.750 gigajoules through violent fragmentation assuming basic steel, that's less than a ton of TNT, there is no way in hell a helicopter that small is anywhere near 60 tons of pure steel.

Noted.

Revised my calculation already.

Shouldn't Ironman have self power modification with model prime since he can alter his suit's power routing to change forms like how he morphed into a hulkbuster mode againts Dr. Doom. And can't we rate him as MFTL+ all around already with at least his latest suit.

So I reckon Marvel scaling is solved and we can move onto DC? I still find it weird we're scaling with Luke Cage's durability, since that character has highly exaggerated durability feats in comparison.

Is there a character besides him that can be used to scale?

We are definitely not done with Marvel. We can scale Morlun and Luke Cage from withstanding nuclear explosions, and other comparable characters from them, but most of the current Low 7-C characters are considerably weaker than them.

We also have to apply the changes, and solve what to do with our 9-A and 8-A Marvel characters.

Well, we need new reliable calculated feats to scale from, and to decide if we should use the durability feats or the highest destructive energy outputs for the most low-powered characters, as the former give far higher results than the latter.

So, is the issue here finding feats that these characters scale from that should be calculated, as I have a few of those.

That is one part of it, yes. The 9-A, 8-A, and Low 7-C characters have to be properly scaled.

Antvasima said:
Hello.

Given our improved Kinetic Energy Feats rules, we need to find new calculated feats for scaling the Batma level DC Comics characters, and the Spider-Ma level Marvel Comics characters, as the former were based on Katana blocking bullets with her sword, and the latter on Spider-Man pushing the Hulk at high speed.

Their durability feats tend to give far higher results than their destructive ones.

The characters scaled from Katana.

The characters scaled from Spider-Ma.

Help would be very appreciated.
What Ant states out.

Antvasima said:
We still need help from the knowledgeable members that I linked to earlier...
I have linked them. Please wait. Thanks.

At the meantime, we need to check out if there any specific speed, AP and durability feats and any character scales to that on which attributes.

Like this - IMO this should be the high end durability feat by Carnage (Marvel Comics) - and only for his durability.

But I remember there is a blog about a small town durability feat for Venom (Edward Brock) that Venom, Carnage and Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) scale to (in AP and durability) but I cannot trace out that one.

We still need help from the knowledgeable members that I linked to earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back