• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters scaled from Katana and Spider-Man need to have their statistics revised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

Given our improved Kinetic Energy Feats rules, we need to find new calculated feats for scaling the Batma level DC Comics characters, and the Spider-Ma level Marvel Comics characters, as the former were based on Katana blocking bullets with her sword, and the latter on Spider-Man pushing the Hulk at high speed.

Their durability feats tend to give far higher results than their destructive ones.

The characters scaled from Katana.

The characters scaled from Spider-Ma.

Help would be very appreciated.

Deathstroke (Post/Pre- Crisis) doesn't have much of his own feats that put him on the same level as he is now unless he scales from Batman who has other feats.

And that is a lot of characters scaling from a single feat.

Batman's armor has a bunch of 9-A and 8-C feats they can scale from I guess.

Batman regularly fights against people who can damage his armor.

Can somebody find some useful and reliable Batman calculations to scale from?

I think that Huesito88 also started making new calculations for the 9-A and Low 7-C Marvel characters a while back. Somebody should preferably find and organise the ones that have been accepted by the calc group members.

Batman's got a looooooooooooooot of comic book issues to his name. We'd have to do a massive search to look for applicable feats.

I meant calculations in this wiki.

Respect threads might also be useful.

Well, as I mentioned, looking for respect threads would likely be very useful.

I'm here. For Spidey I suggest putting him at "At Least 8-A"

For Batman I've gathered a bunch of feats for him that we can use (Been trying to get them calced for ages and theyre solid)

Currently looking for some feats from Green Arrow to help scale.

Thank you. Batman is a more pressing issue though.

I'm nearly done with my school stuff, so I'll be able to help out soon and restart my search. Though the Spiderman villains do have stuff that can help them keep their tier and on the other side also help Spiderman through scaling.

KLOL506 said:
Will Matt join in too?
You can ask him if you want, but he has been very tired lately.

I see.

I'll require a few days or so to get back to working shape. But I'll keep looking for more respect threads to use in the meantime. Probably we might find some new abilities too.

No scans right now but I remember him dodging dozens of sniper hits and he at least once dodged lightning (I thinkDick did it too)

I don't have much about this stuff (Also I think Spider-Man scales from being slightly weaker than Luke Cage who tanked a small nuke which was calced at low 7-C) but what very much interests me is the multiple catagory thing. I'm guessing that's getting added for the general public to use soon. And frankly, that's perfect for this wiki. Trying to find a character of a specific tier for a specific gimmick will make themed fights much easier to make.

I'm pretty sure Juggernaut deserves that ability more than Luke Cage does. And iirc, wasn't there a 7-C calc somewhere for Morlun's nuke feat?

Doesn't Batman have a feat where he punches harder than a Rocket Launcher while dying from poison?

Batman being 9-A to 8-C seems good.

For Katana's speed feat, I'm pretty sure even the speed was exaggerated based on the input from a couple Calc Group members. Batman does have plenty of 9-A feats for sure; punching harder than a rocket launcher as the one Matt mentioned sounds like 9-A. Not sure about 8-C, but there is a notable common error with surviving big explosions that not everyone scales to the full impact. Someone did mention lightning dodging feats, which could save the Massively Hypersonic ratings.

For Spider-Man, at least 8-A scaling from Captain America seems good for now at least.

For Batman, the person who linked Ame-no-nobuko's Mega RT gave this wiki the best possible resource on Batman.

Ame is someone I've interacted with quite a bit off-site due to how knowledgeable he is with DC whenever I needed to find information; that Mega RT contains every single feat of Batman's that is canon, ever, and is broken down into subcategories for ease of use, with explicit citations for every feat.

You asked for reaction feats? Here ya go: https://www.reddit.com/r/BatmanMegaRT/comments/859kel/reactioncombat_speed/

His strength? Here it is with subcategorization within that category: https://www.reddit.com/r/BatmanMegaRT/comments/859itv/strength/

Want to see just what his suit can do? Boom: https://www.reddit.com/r/BatmanMegaRT/comments/859g51/batsuit/

Seriously, just extensively pour through that MegaRT and you'll find every relevant feat, with plenty of scaling included, that can be used to rework the profiles

He can give me specific issues/runs as reference for explicit feats he's thinking of for most DC street tiers, Katana, Deathstroke, Nightwing all included. Anyone in the Batfamily or Batfamily-scaling, he has a near-encyclopedic knowledge of their feats.

It's....passionate, for sure. I will contact him and ask him for his opinion on Bruce's best feats for tiering later today, hopefully help get the ball rolling faster on revising profiles accurately.

For Sandman, wouldn't his tier vary depending on how much sand he has access to? Didn't he once take control of an entire desert?

@The Smashor

The feature is linked in our Versus Thread Rules page, but if you think that we should link to it somewhere else as well, please inform me here.

@Not Icarus

I removed invulnerability for Luke Cage.

@Xulrev

What we need specifically are mostly durability and destructive energy feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back