• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Confluctor's Kids Fight to Become His Favorite Child

If you know Confluctor, then you know who's gonna be fighting in this match. For those of you who don't, its time for The Sentry from Marvel Comics to fight Captain Atom from DC comics.

Merged Sentry will be used (per his dad's request lol).

Speed is equalized.

Fight Location - Confluctor's Home

Confluctor's Son from Marvel - 0
Confluctor's Son from DC - 0
My son Luke Sullivan solos both (Incon) - 0

I will like to see what others say first before commenting. In the meantime...
let-them-fight.gif

Seems like Atom has the AP advantage by far, although knowing both characters this will probably be a hax fight.

Sentry naturally takes mindhax, as Marvel mindhax is just flat-out tier 1 due to Doctor Strange mindhaxxing Umar and Xavier mind-fighting the Phoenix, and Sentry's resistance/AP scales to both of them.

Considering that the Psionic Plane in Marvel apparently means that all Marvel psionics scale to this level, not to mention the Marvel psionic plane which all psychics use is apparently in the 6th dimension, Marvel mindhax in general is just broken.

Atom's absorption is worse than useless since the Void would just kill him from the inside, so all he seems to have is Quantum and Concept Manipulation.

Yeah, not sure what other top hax Sentry has since he has such a large P&A section, but all he really needs is his tier 1 mindhax and that's basically game over.

Seems like Atom has the AP advantage by far, although knowing both characters this will probably be a hax fight.
Not sure about state of DC on the wiki anymore, but yeah, deffo Hax centric.
Sentry naturally takes mindhax, as Marvel mindhax is just flat-out tier 1 due to Doctor Strange mindhaxxing Umar and Xavier mind-fighting the Phoenix, and Sentry's resistance/AP scales to both of them.
If DC cosmology wasn't downgraded big time, Cap's mind Hax would have scaled to tier 1 too. But still a bit less. So ye
Atom's absorption is worse than useless since the Void would just kill him from the inside
Thing is, Cap has a dark side of himself and he did manage to overpower him, so unlike most, he would put up a bit of a fight. Albeit, again, Void is a bit too much as you implied lol.
so all he seems to have is Quantum and Concept Manipulation.
Concept is not combat applicable, unfortunately.
Yeah, not sure what other top hax Sentry has since he has such a large P&A section, but all he really needs is his tier 1 mindhax and that's basically game over.
Sentry is still missing tons. I am working on reworking him on AFW rn. Only done a few issues, and it's looking pretty busted. Death manip, causality manip, time travel, sealing, void incorporeality, etc etc. Which he doesn't have here iirc. Plus sentry will get more dimensional travel, which he doesn't have here also I think? On top of that, sentry and void, as they resist each others abilities except a few, so they will get resistance to their abilities. So yeah

But it's deffo not a one shot thing. Since Merged Sentry doesn't immediately start fighting himself. His mind stuff, whilst much higher, won't be too OP at the beginning since it's sort of passive without his control and it can be overcame.

Reality warping is sorta moot since Cap got tier 2 RW stuff himself. I ought to relook at marvel reality warpers to see if there is higher d implications.

Although the thing with captain atom's absorption is, he can become a higher dimensional being. Again, not sure what state of DC cosmology and higher dimensions is on this wiki ATM, but in general, he can.

Another thing about absorption is, he won't go for absorbing sentry himself. He will just absorb the energy that's coming his way or from Bob himself. He doesn't steal power, but rather energy, which is a bit different. So, I think void aspect taking over like that is up for debate ATM.

But we also need to pay attention to Sentry's weakness in this key. He loses a little control of himself sometimes, as we saw in Agents of Wakanada. So some do the stuff, while it becomes passive, it can also make things somewhat easier for Cap to counter.

Thing is, outside of mind hax and similar/related abilities, I don't think Sentry got any big wincons either atm? Maybe, AP? What do Marvel bozos scale to these days? The 9 realms/universes?

Also, I think you guys are missing the bit about Immortality and Regen neg. Since this is whole, no splits, that should take care of it quite well.

So, to summarise, Sentry's got mental abilities that can give him the win, and Cap got immor + regen neg, plus BFR which should help quite nicely.

Thing is, outside of mind hax and similar/related abilities, I don't think Sentry got any big wincons either atm? Maybe, AP? What do Marvel bozos scale to these days? The 9 realms/universes?
Yes.
Also, I think you guys are missing the bit about Immortality and Regen neg. Since this is whole, no splits, that should take care of it quite well.

So, to summarise, Sentry's got mental abilities that can give him the win, and Cap got immor + regen neg, plus BFR which should help quite nicely.
Huh, I'll be darned.

Unless Sentry goes for mindhax first thing, he either loses or this is incon.

I just thought DC as a whole was trash when this site screwed their cosmology over.

Yes.

Huh, I'll be darned.

Unless Sentry goes for mindhax first thing, he either loses or this is incon.

I just thought DC as a whole was trash when this site screwed their cosmology over.
Speaking of that, how likely is Sentry to lead with mindhax?

I just thought DC as a whole was trash when this site screwed their cosmology over
Nah they got tons of cool hax and shit. It's just there is too much focus on those with rather basic power set.

Speaking of that, how likely is Sentry to lead with mindhax?
In this form? Hard to say. I think that 100% depends on conditions of the battle. That dictates his moveset greatly. In general, random encounter, he will get to that much later.

Depends. In this case, would try energy projection sort of thing and absorbing their incoming attacks. Then move onto matter manip or explosion. If he sees he is being overtaken, then he can switch to density manipulation.

He will also cancel out any attacks via transmutation if he can't absorb it.

I mean the only real hax Sentry has that can be used here is mindhax, which in itself isn't something he opts for first thing in-character.

Back