• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fortnite | The Strongest Verse of Today (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT /srs)

CurrySenpai

She/Her
FC/OC VS Battles
Content Moderator
Hi, I've been talking about Fortnite revisions for a while, and if you've been paying attention I make light jokes here and there about Tier 1 or 0 Fortnite...

Yeah, it's kind of not a joke anymore, this verse is insane.

This CRT aims to accomplish a few things, Most important of which is a basic understanding of the verse and it's crossovers/crossverse scaling, as if you haven't been living under a rock you likely know Fortnite has MANY crossovers.
I also want to establish standards for how the crossverse scaling will/should work, and who exactly is going to be the Tier 1/0 big dogs of the verse.

Without further ado, let's get started.

To keep this simple, in Fortnite Lore everything originates from the "Zero Point", a burst of pure creation that created what Fortnite calls "The Omniverse" a term used to refer to the collective of EVERY universe in existence, including its crossovers as The Foundation confirms that the DC universe was created via The Zero Point.
These passages come from Batman/Fortnite: Foundation a canon comic (all crossover Fortnite comics are canon)
JQEKqi6.png

OVH9Kp2.png

So yeah, right off the bat (heheh) we already have confirmation that Fortnite is no doubt valid enough for crossverse/crossover scaling. Here are a couple articles about the Marvel and DC Comics at the very least, they feature official interviews with the writers.

With this established, let's go into some important lore and terms

The Zero Point is a physical thing you can interact with, it exists as the coalesced creation energy of everything. Touching it while it's uncontrolled sends Omniversal Energy throughout you and instead of going to a specific place you are split through countless realities, voyaging for eternity.
ekSZ0jW.png

Reality Zero is the place where Fortnite takes place. It is the Fortnite Island, and it houses the Zero Point itself. As a means to protect itself, it uses The Storm to kill people trying to claim its powers and whatnot.
The Imagined Order, created by Geno, uses the storm to make The Loop, a 22-minute battle royale where people from other realities are pulled in and are forced to fight to the death. You cannot speak or communicate in any way, you lose all your powers, memories, and once you win you appear outside The Loop, regaining your freedom in exchange for working for The IO.
People in the Loop are called "Loopers" and when you leave the loop a "snapshot" of you is created. This is how skins exist in lore.
The In-Between is the realm of the Zero Point, and it connects all the realities in Fortnite.

So that's important stuff, but the important part is The Zero Point/Imagined Order bringing in people from other realities to fight in the Battle Royale.

Now let's talk standards. Due to Fortnite's many crossovers, and the fact that it pretty much confirms that everything in it is a part of its cosmology the thing I settled on was this.

Marvel and DC are the big ones, and are the verses that will make or break Tier 1/0 for this verse (I will be honest, I don't know where those verses will stand after the Tiering System revisions). So, because of the statements and canon comics, I believe that we can apply the DC and Marvel cosmology retroactively to Fortnite's own, given the Zero Point is stated to have created them. Now for obvious reasons, not everyone scales, only characters that can effect or use the Zero Point's power should. This includes
Geno (created the Imagined Order and is stated to have harnessed the Zero Point's Energy. Can even survive within it and reform himself within.)
The Foundation (Leader of the Seven and can match Geno, also contained the destructive blast of the Zero Point within a tower.)
Jonesy (Fought on par with the characters above and was also there helping The Foundation contain the Zero Point, can also survive inside the destabilized zero point)
Peely (Mentioned to be a lynch pin holding all of reality together in the latest chapter events)
image.png

Mecha Team Leader (A giant mech that physically grabbed the zero point and beat the devourer to death with it, also got its energy as mentioned in Fortnite x Marvel: Zero War)
Galactus and maybe Herald of Thunder Thor (The entirety of Chapter 2's marvel event revolved around Galactus invading and trying to feed on and steal the Zero Point's powers, he kinda does so, full event here, but he was a threat to it.)
Eminem (Created the big bang event)
Travis Scott (also did a full reality warping event)
The Nothing (An entity that wishes to destory the zero point, it's from The Last Reality)

So yeah, those are the characters who scale, and it's only throguh scaling to the zero point.

As for other standards, with crossovers such as JJK, and Avatar, no the looper is not suddenly someone who can use Limitless with Airbending, Spider-Man powers, and summon lightning from the sky. The standard I want, and I'm shooting for is that crossover abilities like Hollow Purple, Straw Doll, Airbending, Marvel stuff apply on a weapon by weapon basis, either as optional equipment or weapons that could be used for that Chapter. For example, the looper can use hollow purple, but they shouldn't be able to use limitless or cursed energy despite JJK existing in Fortnite's lore now.

Anyway yeah, I wanted to get this out of the way before I update profiles, I don't want to be super active on this thread, but I don't doubt this is gonna be controversial.

All scans used

I'm iffy on it being two way canon, since it could just be singular one way canon for Fornite. But if accepted as being a true Two Way crossover:
Marvel and DC are the big ones, and are the verses that will make or break Tier 1/0 for this verse (I will be honest, I don't know where those verses will stand after the Tiering System revisions).
The most Fortnite can really get is like High 1-B to Low 1-A through Marvel. DC and Marvel's 1-A and High 1-A stuff involves things dwarfing the multiverse in all aspects at a conceptually/philosophical level like the Overvoid or the House of Ideas that Fortnite has no real reason to scale to.

I'm iffy on it being two way canon, since it could just be singular one way canon for Fornite. But if accepted as being a true Two Way crossover:

The most Fortnite can really get is like High 1-B to Low 1-A through Marvel. DC and Marvel's 1-A and High 1-A stuff involves things dwarfing the multiverse in all aspects at a conceptually/philosophical level like the Overvoid or the House of Ideas that Fortnite has no real reason to scale to.
High 1-A actually starts at True Eternity for Marvel, not House of Ideas. And The Black Winter (who explicitly is involved with the High 1-A end of the cosmology) being involved in the Fortnite Crossover unfortunately/fortunately (depending on who you ask) would mean that the Fortnite Crossover acknowledges the High 1-A high end of the cosmology

If by One Way Canon you mean the events are only canon to Fortnite, the CRT aims to establish that SOMEWHAT. The way it's phrased between the writers, epic, and everyone else is that it is in fact canon, yes, all the writers confirm this. But the issue is that it's, as best as I can put it, a "second" or "new" canon.

In the eyes of the Foundation and because of the events in the comics, from Fortnite's lore and perspective the Zero Point created the whole of Marvel and DC, as shown by different skins and whatnot of characters.

So it's essentially a second canon, where the cosmologies of those two would be retroactively applied to fortnite because in fortnite's lore it created everything.

Basically, in normal dc and marvel, things are normal, but in fortnite, you just add that the zero point created everythinhg

And The Black Winter (who explicitly is involved with the High 1-A end of the cosmology) being involved in the Fortnite Crossover unfortunately/fortunately (depending on who you ask) would
Just being involved isn't scaling justification afaik. It would need to be effected by the power source or get boosted by it.
If by One Way Canon you mean the events are only canon to Fortnite, the CRT aims to establish that SOMEWHAT.
Its canon to Fortnite, the issue isn't that but its "Is the canon used for DC/Marvel the comic version of something that just looks like it". Because if its Fortnite's version of DC's Batman or Galactus or whoever you wouldn't get any Tier 1 scaling.
High 1-A actually starts at True Eternity for Marvel, not House of Ideas.
I was using the House of Ideas as an example of a conceptually superior base. Not as the baseline of High 1-A.
from Fortnite's lore and perspective the Zero Point created the whole of Marvel and DC, as shown by different skins and whatnot of characters.
From what I see it created a universe/multiverse. But that wouldn't include the greater void spaces or stuff like Oblivion/The Overvoid. At least with current provided showings.

Its canon to Fortnite, the issue isn't that but its "Is the canon used for DC/Marvel the comic version of something that just looks like it". Because if its Fortnite's version of DC's Batman or Galactus or whoever you wouldn't get any Tier 1 scaling.
I don't doubt that it's DC/Marvel Comics version of something, given some of the interviews mention them working hand in hand and how they wished to make sure it steps foot into both verses.

I am sure there is more, Fortnite is the biggest game in the last couple of years, but yeah.

Edit: I think another important thing is that, you should look at the skin catalogue. There is A LOT of DC and Marvel stuff.

don't doubt that it's DC/Marvel Comics version of something, given some of the interviews mention them working hand in hand and how they wished to make sure it steps foot into both verses.
That doesn't make it two way canon afaik. You have to show that both franchise's are equally relevant to each other and that the lore in one is canon to the lore in another.

Even the DC/Marvel crossovers aren't used and they have far more direct and indirect evidence of the two franchises coexisting.

The Zero Point is a physical thing you can interact with, it exists as the coalesced creation energy of everything. Touching it while it's uncontrolled sends Omniversal Energy throughout you and instead of going to a specific place you are split through countless realities, voyaging for eternity.
So this seems like a big red flag to anything beyond Low 1-A in the new system.

So this seems like a big red flag to anything beyond Low 1-A in the new system.
I guess what I said was a bit wrong. It is a "physical" thing in the sense that there is an outer coating or shell around it. Inside the shell is the creation energy of the omniverse and what not. It has its own realm and other spots, but the way to get to those is through the zero point itself in Reality Zero.

Technically the creation energy and the ACTUAL zero point itself isn't physical, it's like an avatar I guess

I feel like I should expect this coming.

I'm curious how we should treat characters from other series. Like should Fortnite Goku have a profile or something like that?

I feel like I should expect this coming.

I'm curious how we treat characters from other series. Like should Fortnite Goku have a profile or something like that?
By all means, Fortnite Goku would be a Looper, but in my eyes characters would need lore significance, whether that be through a comic, a cinematic, or just NPC stuff in the Chapter. There'd have to be evidence they're more than just The looper.

So is this CRT arguing that in addition to the Marvel and DC cosmologies, all other crossovers’ cosmologies are canon in Fortnite? Because I can see the former, but I don’t see strong evidence for the latter.
It is, yes. The reason for the latter is because, by all means, stuff like JJK and Dragon Ball are acknowledged as things and places in Fortnite, as part of its massive lore. But as I mentioned there needs to be standards so we don't have Beast Jonesy with Limitless using The Rasengan and Titan Shifting.

I mainly called upon DC and Marvel cosmologies because they are probably the most major ones that will cause a major tier shift.

It is, yes. The reason for the latter is because, by all means, stuff like JJK and Dragon Ball are acknowledged as things and places in Fortnite, as part of its massive lore. But as I mentioned there needs to be standards so we don't have Beast Jonesy with Limitless using The Rasengan and Titan Shifting.
What about Avatar? is there a 1-A toph or something? if yes, I agree

btw, I disagree with everything past Low 1-A. unless you prove that this is a two way canon ofc

What about Avatar? is there a 1-A toph or something? if yes, I agree

btw, I disagree with everything past Low 1-A. unless you prove that this is a two way canon ofc
What are the standards for Two Way Canon, I don't know what I'd be looking for but I am honestly fine with Low 1-A

Who would scale to the zero point, also I thought outer threads aren't supposed to happen yet?
This is less of an outer thread as the scalin g really is just from DC and Marvel so whatever happens to those two is gonna happen here. There were no standards for Fortnite's crossovers so I wanted to stomp that out.

Anyways, in my OP I mentioned it so I'll reply
Geno (created the Imagined Order and is stated to have harnessed the Zero Point's Energy. Can even survive within it and reform himself within.)
The Foundation (Leader of the Seven and can match Geno, also contained the destructive blast of the Zero Point within a tower.)
Jonesy (Fought on par with the characters above and was also there helping The Foundation contain the Zero Point, can also survive inside the destabilized zero point)
Peely (Mentioned to be a lynch pin holding all of reality together in the latest chapter events)
Mecha Team Leader (A giant mech that physically grabbed the zero point and beat the devourer to death with it, also got its energy as mentioned in Fortnite x Marvel: Zero War)
Galactus and maybe Herald of Thunder Thor (The entirety of Chapter 2's marvel event revolved around Galactus invading and trying to feed on and steal the Zero Point's powers, he kinda does so, full event here, but he was a threat to it.)
Eminem (Created the big bang event)
Travis Scott (also did a full reality warping event)
The Nothing (An entity that wishes to destory the zero point, it's from The Last Reality)

If these events are mentioned in the comics other than the crossover comics or something like that could be a proof that it's a two way canon
To the interview mines I go, but I'd still like to call to the interviews in OP that say it is canon to both I believe.
Wait, if jonesy and peely scale to the zero point then wouldn't characters like gojo, goku ext also scale?
Jonesy and Peely are specifically outside the Loop. When we talk about Jonesy we're technically talking about Agent John Jones, the guy who worked for the IO meaning he was outside the loop and isn't a Looper (which is what Gojo, and Goku would be). Peely is also outside the loop after chapter 2/3 I believe. Hence why killing the peely skin in fortnite doesn't shut down the servers

Eh, at least with Marvel/DC, the events of Fortnite are referenced in the comics, etc, and as such, they can be considered canon to Fortnite; but not all verses get that treatment (ex: we don’t see the Zero Point, or anything else related to Fortnite for that matter, being referenced in Dragon Ball for instance).

What I’m trying to say is, only verses who have been confirmed to be canon to Fortnite should have their cosmologies as a part of the latter’s.

Jonesy and Peely are specifically outside the Loop. When we talk about Jonesy we're technically talking about Agent John Jones, the guy who worked for the IO meaning he was outside the loop and isn't a Looper (which is what Gojo, and Goku would be). Peely is also outside the loop after chapter 2/3 I believe. Hence why killing the peely skin in fortnite doesn't shut down the servers
So jonesy and peely could just think and the looper would be gone? LMFAO, also iirc some promotional material for dragonball said that they were the strongest

Eh, at least with Marvel/DC, the events of Fortnite are referenced in the comics, etc, and as such, they can be considered canon to Fortnite; but not all verses get that treatment (ex: we don’t see the Zero Point, or anything else related to Fortnite for that matter, being referenced in Dragon Ball for instance).

What I’m trying to say is, only verses who have been confirmed to be canon to Fortnite should have their cosmologies as a part of the latter’s.
Yeah, I do agree with that, but there's also stuff like Grisha Yeager's basement being a POI for quests on the map, but that's the only one I can think of. The important part is the abilities since you can wield the Detroit Smash and Straw Doll Technique. but as I mentioned before, Fortnite is already going to have Marvel and DC so like... I doubt Naruto and Dragon Ball are going to be doing much for its dimensional scaling.

So jonesy and peely could just think and the looper would be gone? LMFAO, also iirc some promotional material for dragonball said that they were the strongest
Peely less so, Peely would have environmental destruction since I imagine the oracle is saying "If you kill Peely all of reality will die" which makes sense because Peely has major significance to Fortnite's ongoing lore.

Do you know where I could find this promotional material though? would lovetotake a look.

Yeah, I do agree with that, but there's also stuff like Grisha Yeager's basement being a POI for quests on the map, but that's the only one I can think of. The important part is the abilities since you can wield the Detroit Smash and Straw Doll Technique. but as I mentioned before, Fortnite is already going to have Marvel and DC so like... I doubt Naruto and Dragon Ball are going to be doing much for its dimensional scaling.
Even so, it would pave the way for any verses that crossover with Fortnite to have all their stuff become canon to the latter, which, is a pretty bad precedent imo.

If these events are mentioned in the comics other than the crossover comics or something like that could be a proof that it's a two way canon
Two-way canon is that the entire lore of one work is Canon to the lore of another work and vice-veresa. Freddy vs Jason is two way canon, but Evil Dead is only one way canon to F13/NMoES and they don't get the full scope of Evil Dead for their profiles.

Even so, it would pave the way for any verses that crossover with Fortnite to have all their stuff become canon to the latter, which, is a pretty bad precedent imo.
I agree, but the thing is, as the foundation puts it these realities rarely crossover, mainly only doing it because of the IO tampering with universes. Because of this, you can think of JJK or Dragon Ball happening in another universe, but none of it matters when they come to the battle royale because they lose most (if not all) of their powers, and are now part of the main Fortnite story.

Basically, the stories of these other realities aside from Marvel and DC don't interact with Fortnite enough to where it would be significant.

I agree, but the thing is, as the foundation puts it these realities rarely crossover, mainly only doing it because of the IO tampering with universes. Because of this, you can think of JJK or Dragon Ball happening in another universe, but none of it matters when they come to the battle royale because they lose most (if not all) of their powers, and are now part of the main Fortnite story.

Basically, the stories of these other realities aside from Marvel and DC don't interact with Fortnite enough to where it would be significant.
That would still set a poor precedent, since it would mean that the Foundation’s power’s (like powernull) would upscale from any crossover characters’ established resistances within their own verses, even if said verses aren’t confirmed to be canon to Fortnite.

Like, say a character has 50 layered High 1-A resistance to powernull and appears in Fortnite; now the Foundation has powernull even more potent than that.

That would still set a poor precedent, since it would mean that the Foundation’s power’s (like powernull) would upscale from any crossover characters’ established resistances within their own verses, even if said verses aren’t confirmed to be canon to Fortnite.

Like, say a character has 50 layered High 1-A resistance to powernull and appears in Fortnite; now the Foundation has powernull even more potent than that.
Ooooooh, okay I see what you mean now. Then yeah, I'm fine with setting that as a standard / precedent. I'll add it to OP at some point today.

Here's fortnite mentioned in DC
9msfyqc0sea71.jpg

Yeah I think this is... pretty substantial at this point.

Back