• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninjutsu has chakra, which we found out in this thread, consists of the soul.
The jutsu itself is not soul based

What is soul base is the combination of that and mental energy

The result of these (fire, earth, wind, Lightning and water or combination of these) are just elements

The jutsu itself is not soul based

What is soul base is the combination of that and mental energy

The result of these (fire, earth, wind, Lightning and water or combination of these) are just elements
That's just Nature manipulation.

The jutsu is chakra based, which is .5 the soul.

Spiritual/Mental energy (they're combined) mixed with Physical energy gets you chakra, then you can use that same chakra for ninjutsu.

I'm not even using headcanon, I'm using what the manga gave us.

Spirit and Soul aren’t necessarily the same thing.

And that isn’t Nature Manipulation (at least not on this wiki). It’s just energy manipulation to give it form.

Edit -
精神
1. mind; spirit; soul; heart; ethos
This is the definition of seishin

Spirit and Soul aren’t necessarily the same thing.

And that isn’t Nature Manipulation (at least not on this wiki). It’s just energy manipulation to give it form.

Edit -
精神
1. mind; spirit; soul; heart; ethos
This is the definition of seishin
Nature manipulation is an inverse Naruto term used to describe giving elemental qualities to chakra based techniques.

You're not wrong, spirit and soul aren't necessarily the same thing. In the OP though, I explained how the soul is closely tied w/ chakra, regardless if soul ≠ spirit.

Apologies for the misconception.

But yeah you're right, soul ≠ spirit.

I was contacted earlier; I will be honest I am mostly neutral. Asides the special cases for those who have the Soul Manipulation like Rinnegan users and users already with the abilities on their pages, I think Nonphysical-Interaction is more accurate.

Soul Manipulation, definitely, I think need more solid evidence.

I appreciate the input, I added you as inconclusive.

@EverybodyElseStillWatching Most of what I'm seeing is that the Non-Physical Interaction is good, but the Soul Manipulation is a little ehh.

Exactly.

DDM basically summed it up.
Put me in as neutral for now, I know Chakra does have spiritual energy and properties, but I'm not sure if chakra is really assumed to be the same thing as the soul. It could perhaps be used to effect the soul, and the soul could have chakra as well as the body and mind. But I'm unsure if we can say it's the same thing. A lot of verses make use of "Life energy" or "spiritual energy", but we don't quite equate that to the soul.
This is basically the whole thread right now.
It's all on the balance of a maybe and maybe not, and most of the members are leaning on both sides.

It's like, there's definitely enough evidence, but it could still possibly be a stretch

This might worth considering but the fact that it is currently on her profile doesn't that mean that it was accepted in a CRT before? It says likely though.
The reason why it was put like that was mentioned in this thread actually

Which basically was

1.Give her mid high Regen for surviving ETSB

Or

2.Give her tier 4-B dura for servicing ETSB

So in order to not give her 4B they just gave her that regen

That's stupid for every reason possible.

1. She's immune to the ETSB's matter hax.

2. She could've just left using a portal (which she frequently uses).

3. The TSB has matter hax, so why does it have AP?

4. She could've stopped it's expansion whenever team 7 was dead.

5. The ETSB has limits (since there's limits on the shinobi's and her chakra), so nothing states that it would've actually HIT her.

6. She could've kept flying back.

7. She could've absorbed it when it got big enough.

8. She could've done anything.

But the one thing that's assumed is that she tanks it, or even gets hit. Really?

So Jinton is Matter Hax that defies dura...
Truth Seeking Ball > Jinton
TSB is Jinton with AP...

How does that work?

So Jinton is Matter Hax that defies dura...
Truth Seeking Ball > Jinton
TSB is Jinton with AP...

How does that work?
I believe that the comparison between the two was just in reference to the amount of nature's that are combined to create it. I think TSB should count as EE.

I think there's more evidence for NPI than Soul Manipulation here.

I definitely don't think you need Soul Manipulating in order to affect jutsu or chakra.

Sorry, I'm a bit busy and I'm on mobile, so I'll keep this brief.

I'd like to finally share my personal conclusions about this topic. Soooooo here goes!

I think Tempest did a great job showcasing and proving the intrinsic relationship between chakra and souls in the Narutoverse. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that souls and chakra being one and the same is not only possible, but extremely likely at this point IMHO.

We've also managed to prove why these souls/pure chakra entities are intangible, via Dan's ability description and feats.

However, there is a clear distinction between pure souls/pure chakra entities, and Ninjutsu. Ninjutsu is the combination of spiritual/mental energy (I.e: this "pure" chakra/spirit we've been talking about) and physical energy. Ninjutsu is a weaponized variant of pure chakra that's mixed in and diluted with physical energy in order to give it physical tangible form.
Does that mean it's no longer partially spiritual? No, of course not, but it's also clearly completely physical energy that can interact with and affect the material world. Thus, we probably cannot award NPI and Soul Manipulation to every single Jutsu and chakra user in existence because they're only capable of utilizing this diluted, physical version of chakra in very specific ways (Ninjutsu, genjutsu, etc).

With all that in mind, there are notable exceptions as this thread has made abundantly clear. Some characters have shown the ability to interact directly with spirits/souls/pure chakra entities and with intangible spiritual constructs (Itachi's spirit weapons).

Those characters being:
- Susano'o users: scaling to Itachi, as all Susano'o are fundamentally the same.

- Bijū chakra users via their chakra manifestations: Scaling to Naruto who not only can grab on to his own soul/life-force on multiple occasions (against Nagato and Kurama), but can even grab onto other Bijū's life-force/pure chakra form against Obito.

Additionally, it seems that Bijū chakra can indeed be selectively intangible as well, given Naruto's showings in the Last and the nature of Bijū in general. (Again only in chakra forms/chakra manifestations)

- Rinnegan users: Via the Human Path, pretty self explanatory.

- Tsunade's Healing in particular, for it can heal and affect the soul.

- Barrier and Sealing Ninjutsu, as it can block spirits and affect them in a variety of ways as well.

All of the aforementioned examples should be awarded Non-Physical Interaction, and in Tsunade's case Limited Soul Manipulation as well.

As for the relationship between chakra and souls, I think it's very important to explain that thoroughly in a blog and post it on the verse page; however, I don't think it should award Soul Manipulation imo.

That's about it really, hope this helped.

However, there is a clear distinction between pure souls/pure chakra entities, and Ninjutsu. Ninjutsu is the combination of spiritual/mental energy (I.e: this "pure" chakra/spirit we've been talking about) and physical energy. Ninjutsu is a weaponized variant of pure chakra that's mixed in and diluted with physical energy in order to give it physical tangible form.
Thats correct. The Ninshu that was thought by Hagoromo was purely spiritual until humans corrupted it by adding physical energy to it creating ninjutsu. So you dont need soul manip in orfer to affect jutsu.

id like to just add that you don't need to have soul manipulation to nullify Ninjutsu based attacks, while these Jutsu's are the consequence of chakra(spiritual and Physical) they are still very much physical and can be affected by physical things, such as fire style jutsu being countered by natural bodies of water.

I think the distinction needs to be made between nullifying Chakra and nullifying Ninjutsu.

id like to just add that you don't need to have soul manipulation to nullify Ninjutsu based attacks, while these Jutsu's are the consequence of chakra(spiritual and Physical) they are still very much physical and can be affected by physical things, such as fire style jutsu being countered by natural bodies of water.

I think the distinction needs to be made between nullifying Chakra and nullifying Ninjutsu.
Quite right.

Thats correct. The Ninshu that was thought by Hagoromo was purely spiritual until humans corrupted it by adding physical energy to it creating ninjutsu. So you dont need soul manip in orfer to affect jutsu.
Just wanted to add that the samurai practiced Ninshu...

Who do you have in mind?
Characters who can still fight as a Spirit/Soul.
Proven in Boruto; Momoshiki without a physical body was still able to caste two techniques. Time stop and seeing the future.

it was explained in Boruto fortunately that Chakra is created from the physical energy that is created from thre cells in everyone’s body combined with spiritual energy.

We can list all of the characters that are able to use skills as souls.

Momoshiki
Hag
Hamura
Obito
Dan
Madara

actually all Otsutsuki probably can since Karma can be placed even when their bodies have been destroyed

Exactly.

DDM basically summed it up.

This is basically the whole thread right now.
It's all on the balance of a maybe and maybe not, and most of the members are leaning on both sides.

It's like, there's definitely enough evidence, but it could still possibly be a stretch

Put me in as neutral for now, I know Chakra does have spiritual energy and properties, but I'm not sure if chakra is really assumed to be the same thing as the soul. It could perhaps be used to effect the soul, and the soul could have chakra as well as the body and mind. But I'm unsure if we can say it's the same thing. A lot of verses make use of "Life energy" or "spiritual energy", but we don't quite equate that to the soul.
but the thing is we are not assuming since hagoromo clearly saying his , ashura and indra soul is same as chakra

Hagoromo and Obito's Return​

Hagoromo was able to return to the place of the living because his chakra was reunited.
  • Hagoromo is clearly dead, but he says that he has wandered throughout the world as chakra (he flat out says that he's dead).
    • He says that Naruto summoned his soul, so it's confirmation that Hagoromo as of that point is a soul.
      • He is a soul that wanders as chakra, hmm...
  • He says that his son, Ashura, reincarnated into Naruto.
    • Reincarnation Definition
      • The belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form.
      • Rebirth of the soul in a new body.
      • A new incarnation or embodiment, as of a person.
    • Hagoromo says he sees his chakra clinging onto Naruto.

Asura Path and Orochimaru, then some Chakra Arm, Similarities​

The Asura Path rips out the soul of people to gain information. We know now that souls have something to do with knowledge.
We see that Orochimaru, after getting his chakra back from Kabuto, all of his intel was transferred into Orochimaru as well.
  • The soul is connected with intelligence.
  • Chakra is connected with intelligence.
He thought Tsunade's medical ninjutsu could heal his hands. Medical ninjutsu is flat out just applying chakra on the target (search Mystical Palm Technique), so if chakra can restore a missing part of the soul, that says a lot.

Spirit Transformation Technique and Edo Tensei​

Madara's Body: Soul starts to leave, but it goes right back into Madara's body.
Mei Terumi: Madara's chakra, which had started to separate from his body, is now clinging firmly to it.
We know these are souls because Dan flat out confirms that they're souls.

• Dan: Souls ascending after being released from the Edo Tensei can be controlled with this Jutsu too.
Last point especially

Sorry, I'm a bit busy and I'm on mobile, so I'll keep this brief.

I'd like to finally share my personal conclusions about this topic. Soooooo here goes!

I think Tempest did a great job showcasing and proving the intrinsic relationship between chakra and souls in the Narutoverse. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that souls and chakra being one and the same is not only possible, but extremely likely at this point IMHO.

We've also managed to prove why these souls/pure chakra entities are intangible, via Dan's ability description and feats.

Does that mean it's no longer partially spiritual? No, of course not, but it's also clearly completely physical energy that can interact with and affect the material world. Thus, we probably cannot award NPI and Soul Manipulation to every single Jutsu and chakra user in existence because they're only capable of utilizing this diluted, physical version of chakra in very specific ways (Ninjutsu, genjutsu, etc).

With all that in mind, there are notable exceptions as this thread has made abundantly clear. Some characters have shown the ability to interact directly with spirits/souls/pure chakra entities and with intangible spiritual constructs (Itachi's spirit weapons).

Those characters being:
- Susano'o users: scaling to Itachi, as all Susano'o are fundamentally the same.

- Bijū chakra users via their chakra manifestations: Scaling to Naruto who not only can grab on to his own soul/life-force on multiple occasions (against Nagato and Kurama), but can even grab onto other Bijū's life-force/pure chakra form against Obito.

Additionally, it seems that Bijū chakra can indeed be selectively intangible as well, given Naruto's showings in the Last and the nature of Bijū in general. (Again only in chakra forms/chakra manifestations)

- Rinnegan users: Via the Human Path, pretty self explanatory.

- Tsunade's Healing in particular, for it can heal and affect the soul.

- Barrier and Sealing Ninjutsu, as it can block spirits and affect them in a variety of ways as well.

All of the aforementioned examples should be awarded Non-Physical Interaction, and in Tsunade's case Limited Soul Manipulation as well.

As for the relationship between chakra and souls, I think it's very important to explain that thoroughly in a blog and post it on the verse page; however, I don't think it should award Soul Manipulation imo.

That's about it really, hope this helped.
naruto with new mode should also get Limited Soul Manipulation since life-force=soul
Characters who can still fight as a Spirit/Soul.
Proven in Boruto; Momoshiki without a physical body was still able to caste two techniques. Time stop and seeing the future.

it was explained in Boruto fortunately that Chakra is created from the physical energy that is created from thre cells in everyone’s body combined with spiritual energy.

We can list all of the characters that are able to use skills as souls.

Momoshiki
Hag
Hamura
Obito
Dan
Madara

actually all Otsutsuki probably can since Karma can be placed even when their bodies have been destroyed
probably add them aswell
indra(can use reincarnation jutsu )
ashura (can use reincarnation jutsu )
kushina(used Adamantine Sealing Chains as chakra/soul in naruto mind )
minato(used/fix Eight Trigrams Sealing Style as chakra/soul)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back