• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The chakra and soul blog is really going to be the OP and some extra stuff.

The other blog is just about all chakra in general.

If one gets accepted, I can link it to the other one.

I'll add as much as I can to the blog today so we can get this stuff running

Could we get an exact list for who would be affected by the change for NPI and Soul Manipulation?

Could we get an exact list for who would be affected by the change for NPI and Soul Manipulation?
Jinchuriki who can use Tailed Beast Mode since their limbs are chakra, and scaling off of Naruto, it should count since they're all just pure chakra.
  • Kaguya Otsutsuki
  • Ten Tails Jinchuriki Madara
  • Ten Tails Jinchuriki Obito
  • Naruto Uzumaki
  • Minato Namikaze
  • Killer Bee
  • Utakata
  • Han
  • Rōshi
  • Yagura Karatachi
  • Yugito Nii
  • Gaara
Susanoo Users scaling off of Itachi who can hold spiritual weapons that have no physical form
  • Itachi Uchiha
  • Sasuke Uchiha
  • Madara Uchiha
  • Double Mangekyo Sharingan Kakashi
That's probably it

I have a question, assuming this is all accepted ofc.
Does harming the Tailed beasts qualify for this upgrade, hypothetically speaking?

Does harming the Tailed beasts qualify for this upgrade, hypothetically speaking?
No. The Tailed Beasts - while being originally chakra - do have flesh-and-blood bodies.

The Tailed Beasts are all beings with external physical forms but internal pure chakra.
That's why Ginkaku and Kinkaku could eat the inside of Kurama and get a Version 2 State.

Harming them is similar to cracking a Susanoo, you're just harming a physical manifestation of chakra. Not including the fact that (like Damage said) they have flesh and blood bodies.
So in short, it wouldn't qualify.
What about V2 and Bijuu Mode Naruto?
Bijuu Mode Naruto is basically the same as Susanoo, so it wouldn't qualify.

Version 2 is just a bunch of chakra limbs w/ special properties like burning people and such.
It wouldn't quality either.

Then somebody better reprimand the person behind Kaguya's current Regeneration rating

Regeneration (At least Mid-High, likely High; she can survive her ETSB with regeneration/immortality and is likely able to regenerate from pure chakra)
I don't remember there was any evidence brought for that rating. People just accepted that she regenerated instead of morphing. Something we already knew she could do from her backstory. What was the evidence for Kaguya regenerating on that panel?

Bijuu Mode Naruto is basically the same as Susanoo, so it wouldn't qualify.

Version 2 is just a bunch of chakra limbs w/ special properties like burning people and such.
It wouldn't quality either.
My bad, I thought you meant that they were getting harmed.

Bijuu mode and V1 and V2 qualify.

So how exactly would this be worded on the profiles if accepted?
Soul Manipulation and Non-Physical Interaction (via Chakra Arms, Tailed Beast Mode or Susanoo scaling off of Naruto or Itachi)

That debunks this entire thread about souls been made of chakra. Or chakra been connected to souls. The data book says the ghost/soul has no substance instead of saying that is made of chakra. Everyone in Naruto can touch chakra but not his soul/ghost since they don't have substance.
Not fully. A component of chakra is still the soul, so it still counts.

With all that in mind, I'm in agreement with Non-Physical Interaction for the aforementioned characters; however, I'm very unsure about Soul Manipulation.

I agree with UchihaSlayer96, NPI seems fine for those listed but neutral regarding soul manipulation.

In a way or another, it is soul manipulation, but not what we are thinking, 90% of the cast with soul manip can't simply abuse this, it's only chakra and ninjutsu mechanics

I think that "Limited Soul Manipulation (Explanation of what the character can do with it)" works
In a way or another, it is soul manipulation, but not what we are thinking, 90% of the cast with soul manip can't simply abuse this, it's only chakra and ninjutsu mechanics
I agree with this, safest and most logical option

Not fully. A component of chakra is still the soul, so it still counts.
What goes on in a person's head to the point that they think a quote debunks the thread?
1. Chakra = soul
2. Everyone in naruto can touch chakra physically.
3. Databook says physical attacks don't work on souls/ghost because the user's body (referring to the jutsu been used in this case) has no substance.

1. Chakra = soul
3. Databook says physical attacks don't work on souls/ghost because the user's body (referring to the jutsu been used in this case) has no substance.
Rinnegan users, Susano'o, and Bijū chakra users have been shown to interact with immaterial objects and souls directly, so there's no contradiction.

1. Chakra = soul
1/2 of Chakra = Soul.
Chakra consists of Physical Energy from the cells mixed with the soul.
Not everybody, just those who manifest chakra.
Those are the physical attacks of the body, we're referring to the chakra manifestations like Bijuu modes, Susanoo, and more.

1/2 of Chakra = Soul.
Chakra consists of Physical Energy from the cells mixed with the soul.

Not everybody, just those who manifest chakra.

Those are the physical attacks of the body, we're referring to the chakra manifestations like Bijuu modes, Susanoo, and more.
The databook is talking about this specify jutsu, not all chakra. Every chakra user been able to touch chakra contradicts the statement of physical attacks not working because it has no substance. Chakra has substance. The databook speaks off something but the source material in this case the manga contradicts it. It doesn't support it by showing someone not interacting with that soul.

The databook is talking about this specify jutsu, not all chakra. Every chakra user been able to touch chakra contradicts the statement of physical attacks not working because it has no substance. Chakra has substance. The databook speaks off something but the source material in this case the manga contradicts it. It doesn't support it by showing someone not interacting with that soul.
You're using all the qualities of a soul to give qualities to chakra.
All because chakra has part of the soul doesn't mean it's intangible.
Ice doesn't have all the qualities of liquid water even though that's its main component.

Souls are intangible to physical attacks but chakra can touch it.

Touching chakra ≠ touching a soul

1. Chakra = soul
no when did everyone can touch chakra physically.?

You're using all the qualities of a soul to give qualities to chakra.
All because chakra has part of the soul doesn't mean it's intangible.
Ice doesn't have all the qualities of liquid water even though that's its main component.

Souls are intangible to physical attacks but chakra can touch it.

Touching chakra ≠ touching a soul
Nope. Only the soul that comes out from the Edo Jutsu is intangible. It says so right there.
Gn9oYf7.jpg

The chakra soul that left the ”user’s body” because of the jutsu. Meaning the chakra soul doesn't have substance.

show it if possible
(excluding ) this list
  • Kaguya Otsutsuki
  • Ten Tails Jinchuriki Madara
  • Ten Tails Jinchuriki Obito
  • Naruto Uzumaki
  • Minato Namikaze
  • Killer Bee
  • Utakata
  • Han
  • Rōshi
  • Yagura Karatachi
  • Yugito Nii
  • Gaara
Susanoo Users scaling off of Itachi who can hold spiritual weapons that have no physical form

• Itachi Uchiha
  • Sasuke Uchiha
  • Madara Uchiha
  • Double Mangekyo Sharingan Kakashi

What would Momoshiki's Reign Of The High Emperor count as?
He has absorbed Ninjutsu, Pure Chakra, Gyuuki entire body e.t.c

They flat out say in databook and in manga that his spiritual weapons are intangible.
So in the end it comes down to specify jutsu like the Ghost Transformation one and Itachi’s jutsu. Not a single intangible feat has been showed except for these two who are specifically mentioned to be the result of the jutsu. So not all chakra is intangible.

Souls: stated to be intangible.

Rinnegan users: can physically grab souls.

Susano'o: can physically touch and use intangible spirit weapons.

Bijū chakra manifestation: can touch souls and interact with/touch pure chakra.

I'm not sure I see the issue here....
Souls are intangible, and certain characters have shown the ability to interact with them using certain abilities. One does not debunk the other.
The reason they're getting NPI IS that the souls are intangible....

Souls: stated to be intangible.

Rinnegan users: can physically grab souls.

Susano'o: can physically touch and use intangible spirit weapons.

Bijū chakra manifestation: can touch souls and interact with/touch pure chakra.

I'm not sure I see the issue here....
Souls are intangible, and certain characters have shown the ability to interact with them using certain abilities. One does not debunk the other.
The reason they're getting NPI IS that the souls are intangible....
Only the ghost transformation jutsu makes the soul intangible via databook. Rinnegan users pull souls out so they can have the feat. Itachi’s spiritual weapons are intangible by statement. Chakra as a whole is not intangible. None chakra users can use, see, and interact with chakra in boruto. There's a human scientist experimenting chakra technology.

Only the ghost transformation jutsu makes the soul intangible via databook. Rinnegan users pull souls out so they can have the feat. Itachi’s spiritual weapons are intangible by statement. Chakra as a whole is not intangible. None chakra users can use, see, and interact with chakra in boruto. There's a human scientist experimenting chakra technology.

v1 cloak was showed to be intangible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back