• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto's dad Soul Manip and resistance

Continuing off this thread that got passed, and not cause I totally forgot to remove it or ask for it to be removed.

So Naruto's resistance should ether be removed completely since he didn't really resist Nagatos technique or it should reworded to unconvention soul manip resistance since he used his NPI to resist it by gripping on his soul with his hands and playing a tug of war match with him till Itachi saved him. He didn't resist the ability but Nagatos strength that was the main force on his soul.

Also the ability soul manip should be removed for the same reason's as the thread that got passed. Not cause I forgot.

Agree with complete removal - Popbum, Spectra_Schiffer(ether or), DarkDragonMedeus(looks fine), LuffyRuffy46307, BrackishBrineBroth, Damage3245(make note under NPI), Xleane, Matrixxxx, KremcikGorv

Agree with reworded - Duedate8898, Hasty12345

Neutral -

Disagree -

Last edited:
This topic looks pretty good, I'm in favor of removing it completely, but even if this doesn't happen, it should be reduced to limited.
Naruto is in no way able to resist Nagato's soul manipulation. Iirc, Nagato can easily absorb the souls of randoms, but it takes a while for Naruto and that's why he's considered resistant in the profile, but if that were the case, Naruto would try to stop it with hands created from Kurama's chakra.
So at least this resurrection should be listed as "limited", but I think Naruto resisting further is entirely story related, so personally I'm all for removing it here.

Sounds like Unconventional Resistance through NPI since Naruto by all rights is resisting his soul being taken away from him which is a form of soul manipulation. His mechanization for resistance just relies on him being able to grab onto his soul while its exiting his body.

I don't think this will be resistance in any way, naruto just grabs his soul and pulls it into himself, this is not resistance, it is a move the character makes at his own will.

We have to wait for Uchiha Slayer 96 to open the Chakra page he mentioned.

I don't think this will be resistance in any way, naruto just grabs his soul and pulls it into himself, this is not resistance, it is a move the character makes at his own will.
It is resistance in the manner that Naruto is halting the manipulation of his soul through this method. That is a form of resistance because if another character was to attempt taking Naruto's soul out of his body, this could be a means in which he avoids having his soul removed. The form resistance takes can vary, and this manner of resistance is very much not in the way we'd normally think of it, hence why I argue for Unconventional Resistance

It is resistance in the manner that Naruto is halting the manipulation of his soul through this method. That is a form of resistance because if another character was to attempt taking Naruto's soul out of his body, this could be a means in which he avoids having his soul removed. The form resistance takes can vary, and this manner of resistance is very much not in the way we'd normally think of it, hence why I argue for Unconventional Resistance
Wouldn’t that also give anyone who can interact with souls via NPI this unconventional resistance?

Wouldn’t that also give anyone who can interact with souls via NPI this unconventional resistance?
As said above, they'd need the feat of using their NPI to resist Soul Manipulation in some form or shape in order to get it.

alr, but there are some problems here
1. Naruto is pretty weak even with this resistance because Nagato's technique would have finished him off if it wasn't for Itachi, so full resistance is out of the question here
2. This resistance will be pretty bad despite the other resistances, for example, if we look at Acnologia, a character with Unconventional Resistance for soul manipulation, we can see that soul manipulation works independently of him, in fact, almost all characters with resistance do this, but for Naruto, the hax in question is completely his own. Depends on your speed and actions. Unconventional or not, this is a fairly low-level resistance, or rather action.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if the resistance is weak or strong, it's still resistance

It's not about being "weak" or "strong", it's about the fact that he can't even resist the Ningendo technique we wanted to scale Naruto with. Naruto couldn't resist it on his own and Itachi saved him. Not to mention that this was a failed action by Naruto.
Naruto, unlike other characters who had this techinque used him, could hold back his soul for a little bit against Nagato pulling out his soul. That is a form of resisting since he's actively hampering Nagato's soul manipulation in that moment. Just because he starts to lose the tug of war, doesn't mean he wasn't resisting beforehand. Especially because Nagato is actively getting stronger while Naruto is getting weaker throughout the exchange which makes it harder for Naruto to fight back.

Naruto, unlike other characters who had this techinque used him, could hold back his soul for a little bit against Nagato pulling out his soul. That is a form of resisting since he's actively hampering Nagato's soul manipulation in that moment. Just because he starts to lose the tug of war, doesn't mean he wasn't resisting beforehand. Especially because Nagato is actively getting stronger while Naruto is getting weaker throughout the exchange which makes it harder for Naruto to fight back.
Is resisting the technique for a few seconds considered resistance? In my opinion, this is something that is completely required by the story, after which Naruto cannot resist and tries to withdraw his own soul, but he fails in this regard. This is where things get a little weird, because if we were to list this resistance based on what Naruto had previously resisted for a few seconds, not only would that be ridiculous, it wouldn't have much to do with Unconventional Resistance. Anyway, there is no healthy resistance here. All of Naruto's "resistance" feats are clearly and obviously limited

I've said my piece on this at this point, don't feel like reiterating myself so I'll just say that I support changing it to non-conventional resistances. That's it

It doesn't really matter whether it is NPI or soul MP, what is important is the context that will be written in the profile, but if I talk about resistance, the success in question is clearly soul MP resistance.

It doesn't really matter whether it is NPI or soul MP, what is important is the context that will be written in the profile, but if I talk about resistance, the success in question is clearly soul MP resistance.
This is an important issue because with the knowledge of how it will work, the resistance in question will also be handled in the fight against the character in the other universe.
As for resilience, this is definitely it. It is not "clearly resistance"

I think Slayer or someone mentioned this last time it was brought up but soon Chakra is getting a bit of a revision that may make this thread a bit pointless to do rn, as part of it will go over how Chakra interacts with the mind, body, and soul.

You can move forward with the thread if you feel like but I don't think any of the main Nard peeps will care enough to join in rn(especially with hundreds of scans from the Naruto profiles getting erased from Imbur recently.)

just know this topic will probably be brought up again more formally real soon.

Last edited:
How this is done is a different matter. But it is a resistance. It is extremely illogical and inconsistent to say something like "we cannot call it resistance because the spirit has not completely withdrawn". More or less, it doesn't matter. But it is a clearly resistance.

holding your own soul down physically isn't resistance, just npi.

What's next ? Gravity manip resistance if you do not turn to paste with earth's gravity ? Stop the cap.

Back